Search

***2012 G.O.R.C. Presented By HotShotRC***

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Eddie C.
Wel said maricon hey if you hook me up whit car I'll race mod.I just don't have any on road cars other than my badass mini cooper
Badass mini cooper Now thats one to laugh about!

Steve Pitts
Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FERNANDO.G
Joe said he will add any class if there is interest and enough people to make a class. Part of the reason I don't run much anymore is no one runs mod, this is and has been my favorite class for years, I do understand its crazy fast for a lot of people but that is what I enjoy.

I will 100% support Mod and run if interest is shown and we run this class, TC Mod is available too, I do know 2 others that will run this class and I think if there is anyone else out there who wants to run it be heard and speak up.

Its time we get back to Mod and Stock, 1/12 and TC, "NOTHING ELSE".....Again only talking about TC Mod and 1/12 Scale.

Forget the blinky, boosted crap that has done nothing but hurt the industry and add way tooooo maaaannnnyyy friggin classes.

You know i'm in for some Mod racing..... waiting on my speedo to get back from repair.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sliptrick
Badass mini cooper Now thats one to laugh about!

Steve Pitts
What's up Steve! You need to bring your out of retirement for this event (if you still got it) now TCS rule add the pro mini class (17.5 NB) and they still have the regular mini class the good old 540 silver motor. I know Dany Soyer still have his. So there you go Joe you got yourself a class.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Hi Eddy,
I do still have a couple of mini's left. Im still gas onroad racing,so no retirement for me. Actually heading up to Toledo for a race next week. Mini's would be a fun to run. Especially since mine have been in a box for so long.

L8tr, Steve
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Eddy,
I do still have a couple of mini's left. Im still gas onroad racing,so no retirement for me. Actually heading up to Toledo for a race next week. Mini's would be a fun to run. Especially since mine have been in a box for so long.

L8tr, Steve
I meant your mini ot of retirement lol! Good luck in Toledo.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

I meant your mini ot of retirement lol! Good luck in Toledo.
Yes, I know what you meant. I think I even have a body or two for the mini's you sold to me some time ago. If there is a class for them sometime, I'll get them out and come run.

Steve
Old 08-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

Yes, I know what you meant. I think I even have a body or two for the mini's you sold to me some time ago. If there is a class for them sometime, I'll get them out and come run.

Steve
Let's run some mini's then.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Let's run some mini's then.
Yes sir! Hey joe I talk to Danny S. this pass Sunday and we down for the regular mini class no pro mini for us.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Yes sir! Hey joe I talk to Danny S. this pass Sunday and we down for the regular mini class no pro mini for us.
Eddie, I don't know if you have looked at the TCS rules for this year.... No more silver can 540's. It's all about the 21.5t bl motors & the TCS Pro MINI class is 17.5t bl, neither class allows for boost>
Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Eddie, I don't know if you have looked at the TCS rules for this year.... No more silver can 540's. It's all about the 21.5t bl motors & the TCS Pro MINI class is 17.5t bl, neither class allows for boost>
no I haven't look at it lately I'll guess it will be 21.5
Old 08-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

no I haven't look at it lately I'll guess it will be 21.5
Eddie, I spoke with Danny about the 21.5 for mini's. I would have to order an ESC/motor combo. Danny would need ESC. We both agreed we would go ahead if mini's would happen. Also what battery would we need to get for them?

Steve
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Eddie, I spoke with Danny about the 21.5 for mini's. I would have to order an ESC/motor combo. Danny would need ESC. We both agreed we would go ahead if mini's would happen. Also what battery would we need to get for them?

Steve
We have a variety of 21.5 motors and ESC's that would work for you. Just let us know what you need.

_Brad
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

That is not true. There are 2 mini classes for the 2012 TCS series, Mini and Mini Pro. The regular mini class used the good old silver can motor with an RPM limit of 18,750 at 7.2 volts. This class is also one of the trip winning classes at the TCS Nationals this year.

Mini Pro is a 17.5 blinky class that was tried out this year. I'm not sure how the turnouts have been for it.

I don't think there is any plan to use 21.5 motors in mini next year either. If the SC mini class goes away, I'm pretty sure they will just use the 17.5 motors across the board.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by Csaari77
That is not true. There are 2 mini classes for the 2012 TCS series, Mini and Mini Pro. The regular mini class used the good old silver can motor with an RPM limit of 18,750 at 7.2 volts. This class is also one of the trip winning classes at the TCS Nationals this year.

Mini Pro is a 17.5 blinky class that was tried out this year. I'm not sure how the turnouts have been for it.

I don't think there is any plan to use 21.5 motors in mini next year either. If the SC mini class goes away, I'm pretty sure they will just use the 17.5 motors across the board.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php
You are correct, I am mistaken. It looks like TCS has revised their rule set several times this year for different reasons in different classes. So it should make it easier for people to get their mini's together and run some laps. 540 madness for everyone.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

You are correct, I am mistaken. It looks like TCS has revised their rule set several times this year for different reasons in different classes. So it should make it easier for people to get their mini's together and run some laps. 540 madness for everyone.
So how close to the T in TCS do we need to be? I've got 3Racing shocks, an el-cheapo ESC -- Dynamite I think -- and none of my bodies are from Tamiya. I probably need to check the motor too. Are you going to use the Tamiya 1016 spec wheels & tires or ... ? Lipos OK as long as they fit in the chassis properly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.