Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Action Speedway - Dirt Oval - Rome, GA >

Action Speedway - Dirt Oval - Rome, GA

Action Speedway - Dirt Oval - Rome, GA

Old 06-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aardvark

Also...LMR....the rubber VTA tires don't do so well on clay, regardless of how smooth it is...I tried it. I didn't try foams. It would be really cool to see them out there
I had a set in a non VTA legal compound that I used to drive around on our indoor track (scarry enough I took the TC3 over the jumps and all.. It was very dukes of hazzard, I wish I had a video of it) and it did all right. I always hated cleaning the car up afterwards though
Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So LMR, You get your SCLM ready yet? There is no way that you can pass up on a track that is minutes from your house. I'm sure you get a good deal on parts and stuff. Action opens up on the 30th. They don't want to start the summer series there, so that will happen on my track on July 14th. Then the ball bounces to their court on when they want to have the race. The idea is 2 races per month, one on Action, the other on Rash. It will be very fun.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I am completely overwhelmed by the support being shown here and through pm's about Action Speedway. With that said, allow me to make a few clarifications.*
1.) At this time we are running only electric powered vehicles. Nitro vehicle would just make too much noise for our location.*
2.) We are using the 2wd sct platform for our Super Latemodel class. These trucks are a perfect crossover vehicle for those that are currently racing off road to try the oval with minimal, if any, changes. They are also very newbie friendly and are priced very competitively. Also, we choose to run only one class at this time to help the track grow. If we start more than one class then *eventually we'll only have 3-5 cars in each class, while we currently have the potential to have an A, B and C main with our SC Latemodels. *By sticking with the 2wd sct platform exclusively for now we allow the track to grow through one class so that one day we can perhaps offer different classes.*
3). Currently we are "racing" only once a month at Action Speedway. *As we all have families, other race venues and other responsibilities, once a month gives plenty of time to get ready for the next event. *We will post race dates as they are planned.*
4). Racing at Action Speedway is free and we have no intentions of making a profit (donations are always welcome to help offset expenses). * This does not mean that we are not serious about competition. * We've been using this same race concept at Rash Raceway in Woodstock for over a year now and is producing a fierce array of competition.*

We're looking forward to the 30th! If we can be of any help or anything please let us know!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

And, we welcome NitroAdam to the conversation!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Count me in for 06/30. I just purchased the transponder
Ready to roll now!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Okay to use stock slash bodies?
Recommendation for oval SCT bodies?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
Yes, stock truck body is ok but a latemodel is a better choice for oval due to the speed/downforce. LMR can get the RJ Speed and ofna bodies at TurtleTrax for good prices. I have a sc C&M with window masks and spoiler kit I'll sell for $50 if interested.
Personally, I like the Onstat 1/8 body myself.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Also, the Losi body is a pretty popular option.

Here's some links to some of the bodies listed:
C&M Bodies - cmbodies.com
Stalker - stalkerrc.com
Onstat Racing - onstatracing.com
RJ Speed - rjspeed.com

The OFNA, Losi and RJ Speed are offered through most hobby shops. I know TurtleTrax can get the OFNA and RJ Speed ones. I heard Hobby Town in Kennesaw was carrying the Losi body's.

Any of the molded 1/8 body will work or the SC specific latemodel bodies.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Left Front Tire
Also, the Losi body is a pretty popular option.

Here's some links to some of the bodies listed:
C&M Bodies - cmbodies.com
Stalker - stalkerrc.com
Onstat Racing - onstatracing.com
RJ Speed - rjspeed.com

The OFNA, Losi and RJ Speed are offered through most hobby shops. I know TurtleTrax can get the OFNA and RJ Speed ones. I heard Hobby Town in Kennesaw was carrying the Losi body's.

Any of the molded 1/8 body will work or the SC specific latemodel bodies.

Hope this helps!

thanks for the shoutout. Anyone needing stuff for this track just let us know its for them and we'll cut them a great price on it to help out racing at this oval.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
You will be at a HUGE aerodynamic disadvantage without a late model body. The difference in handling and stability is very noticeable.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tinasam
thanks for the shoutout. Anyone needing stuff for this track just let us know its for them and we'll cut them a great price on it to help out racing at this oval.
Thanks Tina!

TurtleTrax is open till 7 on Saturday nights, so in case anyone needs anything they're available. They stock parts for the major brands of SCT's.

They're also raffling off a Duratrax Bug - $5 a ticket! Drawing on June 22.

Turtletraxraceway.com

Last edited by Left Front Tire; 06-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Oval Bodies

I'm looking for a body for Traxxas Slash Do you ship? Are you going to the race here on the 30th? Do you have any pics or should I look online?

Originally Posted by tinasam
Old 06-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Most Saturdays we close at 7 though I may be here til 8 this week since I know a bunch of people plan to come out and I'm enjoying watching the AMS at the shop.

Yes I do ship, I dont carry any stock traxxas bodies at the shop though they are custom order. I keep mostly Jconcepts bodies for SC but I do have a pair of proline bodies on the wall for SC as well. I am going to keep an RJ Speed LM bodie on the wall because they are much better priced than the Ofna Bodies. I was selling the Ofna Bodies just about at cost because I felt so bad about how much they were.

I charge acctual shipping costs on items so if you call to have somthing shipped it may be an hour or two before I call you back with a final price because I have to rummage for a box and get everything packed up and mesured and weiged. I can take a card over the phone though I dont prefer this method, if you have a paypal account I much rather get your account e-mail from you and send you a paypal invoice, it costs me the same as running a card over the phone and I dont bear the responsibility associated with having you read me your card number. I've been on the consumer end of a bad buisness transaction this way and I dont want to have someone think I did them wrong on purpose.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Left Front Tire
* This does not mean that we are not serious about competition. * We've been using this same race concept at Rash Raceway in Woodstock for over a year now and is producing a fierce array of competition.*

We're looking forward to the 30th! If we can be of any help or anything please let us know!
Couldn't have said this better.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Oval Body

This body seems cool/Nice. Can you get this one?
Will it fit my traxxas slash? Looks like it should.

http://rjspeed.com/images/images/Bodies/618-1015b.jpg

Stan

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Most Saturdays we close at 7 though I may be here til 8 this week since I know a bunch of people plan to come out and I'm enjoying watching the AMS at the shop.

Yes I do ship, I dont carry any stock traxxas bodies at the shop though they are custom order. I keep mostly Jconcepts bodies for SC but I do have a pair of proline bodies on the wall for SC as well. I am going to keep an RJ Speed LM bodie on the wall because they are much better priced than the Ofna Bodies. I was selling the Ofna Bodies just about at cost because I felt so bad about how much they were.

I charge acctual shipping costs on items so if you call to have somthing shipped it may be an hour or two before I call you back with a final price because I have to rummage for a box and get everything packed up and mesured and weiged. I can take a card over the phone though I dont prefer this method, if you have a paypal account I much rather get your account e-mail from you and send you a paypal invoice, it costs me the same as running a card over the phone and I dont bear the responsibility associated with having you read me your card number. I've been on the consumer end of a bad buisness transaction this way and I dont want to have someone think I did them wrong on purpose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.