Wiki Posts
Search

Info on HCRCR

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Info on HCRCR

Greetings everyone,

I'm about to at re-enter the world of RC after being out of it for about 10 years. I'm located in Macon,Ga and the closest track to me appears to be in McDonough. Looks to be a very nice track and facility, large enough to run a variety of nitro vehicles. I've looked at the website for HCRCR but much of their info seems to be old. I saw some race schedules from 2016 but nothing on 2017, could someone share with me whIch weekend is their usual weekend for racing. Also is the track open for practice any other weekends of the month ? If so could someone share info regarding practice times.

I've looked at race results from last season, it seems the most popular classes here are 1/8 nitro buggy and 1/8 Electric buggy. I don't recall seeing 1/8 electric buggy back when I was in it, but it looks as if the electrics can hang with the nitro's now with all the advanced brushless systems and Lipo batteries out there. It looks like they are relative to each other in terms of cost as well. Is nitro or electric more popular at HCRCR ? Does anyone run 1/10th scale here such as 2wd or 4wd buggy ? In the past I primarily ran 1/10th scale stadium trucks like the xxx-NT and rc10GT. I want to have a good idea of the popular classes, kits, and times the track is open for practice and racing before I jump in again and Order a kit to start building. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

-Matthew
Old 01-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Shady3275
Greetings everyone,

I'm about to at re-enter the world of RC after being out of it for about 10 years. I'm located in Macon,Ga and the closest track to me appears to be in McDonough. Looks to be a very nice track and facility, large enough to run a variety of nitro vehicles. I've looked at the website for HCRCR but much of their info seems to be old. I saw some race schedules from 2016 but nothing on 2017, could someone share with me whIch weekend is their usual weekend for racing. Also is the track open for practice any other weekends of the month ? If so could someone share info regarding practice times.

I've looked at race results from last season, it seems the most popular classes here are 1/8 nitro buggy and 1/8 Electric buggy. I don't recall seeing 1/8 electric buggy back when I was in it, but it looks as if the electrics can hang with the nitro's now with all the advanced brushless systems and Lipo batteries out there. It looks like they are relative to each other in terms of cost as well. Is nitro or electric more popular at HCRCR ? Does anyone run 1/10th scale here such as 2wd or 4wd buggy ? In the past I primarily ran 1/10th scale stadium trucks like the xxx-NT and rc10GT. I want to have a good idea of the popular classes, kits, and times the track is open for practice and racing before I jump in again and Order a kit to start building. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

-Matthew
1/8 scale nitro buggy and 1/8 e buggy are The most popular. Coming in second is 1/8 scale e truggy and nitro truggy. E truggy has started to become popular. Closest outdoor tracks around are Augusta , loganville, Henry county , and dalton. Savanah also has a nice track. There is a competitive southern off road series that includes about 4 tracks during the year, real fun. Check out RC sign up for all events going on in GA.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1/8 buggy is defiantly the most popular class there. Here is a video of one of the races there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI5_mauGgew
Old 07-07-2017, 04:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I also want to start nitro racing at hcrcr

I cannot find any times to show up for practice. Wanting to meet people that are experienced and lead me in the right direction.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Purpskee
I cannot find any times to show up for practice. Wanting to meet people that are experienced and lead me in the right direction.
If the weather holds up they should be racing tomorrow at HCRCR