Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
What to do about my 6 year old daughter? >

What to do about my 6 year old daughter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do about my 6 year old daughter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
The Sakura can be a good car. you can turn the cheap car into the good car with the upgrade options However it will cost you a lot more than just buying the good car off the bat. If you already have a decent car like the TC3 just run it. Parts are still available and as long as your not using more than a 13.5 in the car you shouldn't have an issue with torque steer out of it. Parts are still available for the 3 so go for it

Land blast from Scott in 3..2..1...
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Nice countdown.

Everyone knows my feelings on the sakura. Contrary to popular belief the s model does not need a lot of upgrades and the options are cheap. Especially in vta. A bone stock zero s took third in the vta class at battlefields trophy race and another one took second in usgt. The usgt finish was only tenths of a second behind darkside. I know they are stock cars because I know the driver and I helped balance both cars the night before the race.

This has to be the most misunderstood car ever. As far as pricing other cars cost in excess of $500. I don't think its possible for me to get $500 in my car without going with custom gold plated parts. I will sit down tonight and add up everything in my car. Maybe I will be surprised and have to back off the pricing point but maybe the numbers will provide some information to help others decide.

At any rate almost any chassis will be fine for vta. I have beat the xray tc 6 417 etc. I have also been beat by the tc3 tc4 etc. My son was doing fairly well with a tt01. He is now doing even better with a sakura zero s.

Bottom line. When kids are involved run what you have until you are certain they will stick with it. No need to waste money for them to quit racing in a month. After you are sure they will keep racing then decide on which chassis to run. I didn't have anything to race and I didn't know if I wanted to stay with it so I bought the sakura because of the price. Turns out I stuck with it and I found a very good car so I didn't need to upgrade. When it was time for my son to upgrade the choice was easy. I already had spare parts and was familiar with the car so he got a sakura. For now run what you have upgrade later.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

So my daughter Erin asked tonight if she could race VTA. I have my XRAY 2011 that is way to expensive car for you to just trash which is still worth some money. So I could sell it to Jason which would then have me looking for another TC to turn into a VTA which I don't think excites me very much. Her breaking XRAY parts could get expensive but if I get her a say TC3 I am going to be working on it and still never truly be a great car. I just don't know if the ~$200 is really worth the hassle.

Discuss

I wouldn't hesitate to get her involved, you're lucky she wants to race, most females just look at it like a waste of time!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Pink is awesome!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Okay. Couldn't wait. I added it all up. Keep in mind NONE of this was needed to keep up. MOST of this is because I wanted it and I bought it as my budget allowed. I would honestly say that 50 to 70 in shocks, spur gear holders, and the vertical mount is all that I would consider necessary upgrades.

I have just about everything you can buy for the car and there is nothing else I'm considering. Time to play with the f1.

In total, including the purchase of the sakura zero s kit I have $347 wrapped up in my chassis. A touch higher than I thought (I was guessing $300) but still a lot less than other comparable touring cars. Also remember that I bought everything brand new. And this does include the graphite chassis, top deck, and shock towers as well as all of the aluminium parts available.

Just remember its all pink on the inside.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think I have everything needed to almost make her legal. Tires is the only thing that would make her disqualified, they are very bald.

Driver figure I am sure will be interesting.

Tinker Bell
Princess
Hello Kitty
Barbie
Lalaloopsy
Oh dear god. It's much worse than I had expected.......... Justin Bieber
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Oh dear god. It's much worse than I had expected.......... Justin Bieber
I change my mind. I vote for Barbie with the corvette body. We can make an exception to the body rules this time.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Just realized I don't have a motor. might just run a POS Speed Passions 21.5 since I am going to gear it at like a 6-7 FDR do you think its going to matter?
Set it up like you normally would and then limit speed with the throttle EPA. That way as she gains control you can speed the car up with a quick transmitter adjustment.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
I change my mind. I vote for Barbie with the corvette body. We can make an exception to the body rules this time.
Since you mentioned that we had a big vintage only series. One of the guys in the Tamiya class had an old sand scorcher. It was a 6 months series and guys were looking everywhere for a Pink Barbie surf board to duct tape on that thing. Never found one. So we told him his class was banished half way into the series for having ugly cars. He won his class anyway.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Think of it like this: Spending time with your Daughter is a life time of memories she will carry forever. Priceless. $$$$ means absolutely NOTHING in the scheme of things!