Wiki Posts
Search

*** Hot Shot's Christmas Holiday Race 12/10***

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Budman
Are you guys going to have a 17.5 blinkey class or do I need to put in a mod and get ran over by Xpress and Fernando. LOL
I think you should first focus on making the car turn left AND right before you start worrying about motors. /8)
Old 12-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I got the left turn covered, It's the right I need to work on!!! LOL
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Ripped the front end off the f1 car. damn it.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Ripped the front end off the f1 car. damn it.
Was it stock or reinforced? How fast and how hard? where on the track?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Awesome racing last night. 5 classes and 6 heats. Just fun to watch. Had a blast running f1. Can't wait to watch this class grow more and more.

Thanks to everyone for helping get the f1 car handling better. a few upgrades and this thing will be really nice to drive.

Thanks to hotshot rc. Great job last night. See you guys soon.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Had a lot of fun seeing some people I haven't seen since early Summer.

It looks like are quite a few up for racing on Saturdays. I hope it continues and we maybe set some "official" race dates for the future.

See everyone next time.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

How fast were the mod tc's vs the 1/12th?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good show last night. Interesting to note how the track changed as the temps outside got colder.

Allan's VTA and USGT cars were on fire last night. He has figured out how to make these lil stocker go fast. I tried keeping up and ended up cooking my usgt motor. Maybe I should stick with mod

Good racing, and what a great turnout
Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How did the F1 go? I'm putting one of my old 103's together to get the setup right at the Albertville track. It's smaller but the carpet is the same so I can be somewhat ready for the next one. You know what they say... and old F103 is better than a new anything else. Next time I will stay so snoop can race as well.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks to everyone at Hot Shot for a great day! I had to bail at 11, but had a good time running until then. I think where I would have finished was pretty obvious
Old 12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Default AWESOME RACING !

That was some FANTASTIC RACING with a bunch of FANTASTIC GUYS last night ! Fernando and Brian were at it in the MOD TC last night with Brian taking the lead in the A-Main after Fernando broke his car.

Allen had the VTA and 1/12 scale classes all to himself, looks like we need to get those TC5+6's and ZERO's going a bit faster to keep up with Allen.

Eric took the win in USGT after Rich's motor smoked up.

The F1 turnout was good, albeit a few guys broke their cars before the races even started (better get an F-109, it likes walls a lot )

Allen Arceneaux won first place for the night, taking home a BRAND NEW F109 (so he can race whilst he fixes the FGX )

Brian Busse took home second place with a Gift Certificate to use anytime he wishes.

Scott "the Meister" took home third place and won a race on the house.

Thanks again to everyone who made our first Christmas Holiday race a HUGE success ! We could not have done it without YOU !

_Brad
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

The F1 turnout was good, albeit a few guys broke their cars before the races even started (better get an F-109, it likes walls a lot )

How many times do I have to say it. If the surface was 70 feet wide the walls would still be too close to the track.! The only problems I know of with the F109 is that it has a crappy servo saver on it and if there is any slack on the motor shaft then use a spacer to keep the pinion/spur inline. Other than that it's a killer car. Like the guy from Austria said..I'll be back.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
How did the F1 go? I'm putting one of my old 103's together to get the setup right at the Albertville track. It's smaller but the carpet is the same so I can be somewhat ready for the next one. You know what they say... and old F103 is better than a new anything else. Next time I will stay so snoop can race as well.
F1 went well. Unfortunately we lost 3 cars within 2 days of the race. All fgxs. One broke a front arm Thursday during practice, one found a mailbox Thursday night during testing at home and one broke the top deck Saturday morning during practice. I broke 2 kingpins but had spares from the mailbox car to use. I think we have found the weakness of the fgx. once a spare parts supply is built up, watch out these things will be fast. I started to get mine dialed in a little and by the main I was keeping up with brads f109 and it was on foams. This is going to be a great class.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 6376vette
F1 went well. Unfortunately we lost 3 cars within 2 days of the race. All fgxs. One broke a front arm Thursday during practice, one found a mailbox Thursday night during testing at home and one broke the top deck Saturday morning during practice. I broke 2 kingpins but had spares from the mailbox car to use. I think we have found the weakness of the fgx. once a spare parts supply is built up, watch out these things will be fast. I started to get mine dialed in a little and by the main I was keeping up with brads f109 and it was on foams. This is going to be a great class.
Dang! I would not have expected that. I did not get a good look at the front a arms other than they had several parts to them. Rcmart has upgraded parts for them maybe something for the steering could be on the list. If all else fails slap on a 103 front if it will fit.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
Dang! I would not have expected that. I did not get a good look at the front a arms other than they had several parts to them. Rcmart has upgraded parts for them maybe something for the steering could be on the list. If all else fails slap on a 103 front if it will fit.
The a arms and king pins are the weak point. I reinforced my arms with carbon stock and they held up pretty good. Steering seemed to be really good.

Do you know what parts are needed to swap to the 103 front? Is it just the arms or the whole assembly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.