Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerno30
why not run team edge go karts instead.
Race cars don't run on AA batteries.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcko
I dont think you would like this class Danny...

since you cant update chassis every other month

Oh snap!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Stopped by HobbyTown USA in Kennasaw today and it looks like they are going to start racing these on Sundays. I think its a great idea and a truly more inexpensive way to get new comers into the hobby. From the sounds of it they have a pretty old lap counting system with handout transponders so its another saving of $100. Can't wait and hope the class comes together. Hopefully we will then be able to run them at Hot Shot as well.

Time to start digging through all your old stuff to find old brushed motor speed controllers, NiCad chargers, cheaper steering servos and let the fun begin.
We got 6 together at this point. See my post earlier about the first race. If i think right the new MyLaps are backwards compatible to AMB Rc system. My MRT works well and the original DP transponders have had success on ours as well. I personally cant wait to get this class rolling again, as i miss it from my early days.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am totally digging on this class. I plan to get a car very soon. Some folks over here at Rash Raceway also plan on getting one. If everyone stays true to the rules..it will be a very fun class.

I'll pick one of these up next week and run it, according to spec, on my track...if it doesn't get too dirty i'll make it the 2nd class here at Rash Raceway

Last edited by Aardvark; 04-07-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by misfitz28
We got 6 together at this point. See my post earlier about the first race. If i think right the new MyLaps are backwards compatible to AMB Rc system. My MRT works well and the original DP transponders have had success on ours as well. I personally cant wait to get this class rolling again, as i miss it from my early days.
rclapcounter.com.....great system and 40 dollar transponders.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

we have already got the AMB system and about 15 house transponders. I built us a charging rack for them so no worries about not having an AMB if you dont already. Track layout will be done in PVC for quick setup and takedown. Have a nice sized oval already layed out and tested. For these first few weeks im thinking oval to be more inviting to newcomers then we can transition into a convertible track for those that want to run road as well as oval. Personally i like oval as bit better, the concept is easy to grasp yet difficult to master.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by misfitz28
we have already got the AMB system and about 15 house transponders. I built us a charging rack for them so no worries about not having an AMB if you dont already. Track layout will be done in PVC for quick setup and takedown. Have a nice sized oval already layed out and tested. For these first few weeks im thinking oval to be more inviting to newcomers then we can transition into a convertible track for those that want to run road as well as oval. Personally i like oval as bit better, the concept is easy to grasp yet difficult to master.
are you guys open to the idea of having a SCLM class?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

3 or more makes a class. bring em on out!
Old 11-29-2019, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Bring this 2012 thread back up.

Bump n' Run Raceway runs both carpet and dirt classes every week. Usually 6-8 classes. The biggest turnout is usually Legends.
Brushless 17.5 motors. 2 cell LiPo usually. Stock chassis. Breakout It works great.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krogers
Bring this 2012 thread back up.

Bump n' Run Raceway runs both carpet and dirt classes every week. Usually 6-8 classes. The biggest turnout is usually Legends.
Brushless 17.5 motors. 2 cell LiPo usually. Stock chassis. Breakout It works great.
Bump N Run Speedway - 2890 Mamie May Rd, Franklinville, North Carolina 27248