Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mason Dixon 100

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Mason Dixon 100

The Peach Bowl RC Raceway in Brooks, GA is hosting the first annual Mason Dixon 100 October 8th. This will be an open 8 scale race. DLMRA open rules will apply for this event. We will also be having the Spec 8 scales and SC latemodels. If enough 10 scale 2wd latemodels come we will run those also. This event will have a little twist involved. 50 laps will be ran and we will freeze the field, stop the cars and let you change anything you want on your car for 10 minutes. When the 10 minutes is up you will come back on the track and re-start where you finished in the first 50. Then run the last 50 laps. We will be doing this for the open cars only. To set the field we will run 2 rounds of 30 lap heat races to set the starting field. It will be a 10 car main. 8 cars will lock in and bump 2 out of the lower mains. We will be racing for a custom 6' tall trophy. This track was formally the old VRP Raceway. It was left in shambles by the previous owner and 2 people stepped up and are working to get it better than it originally was. I have raced here before last year and this place is an 8 scale racers dream. The 300' runline is wide and racy. Photos will be posted of the work that has gone into the resurerction of the place. I would like to thank Eric and Jimmy for bringing dirtoval racing back to Georgia. I will post up more information very soon.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what time on the 8th? day or night race? Oh CRAP.....I have to work that day.....I might have to see if someone will cover for me. I had a nitro late model to race at that track, but the track closed so I sold the late model.

better yet, change the date to the weekend before the 8th.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

This sounds great!

Keep us posted.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Is it the smooth red clay that was in the pic they had? I and a few buds have wedge pancars that have been on the shelf forever. It's time to get them running again.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

The date is set in stone. Sorry. It is the only one that is available that I can get this gathered together with enough promoting time. I will be working on the time frame in a few days. I want to try and make it a race where it will be good for all.

It is the track in the picture but I don't think you can run pan cars on it. If it is possible then it takes 5 to make a class.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Suspended

I talked to Vince a year ago and he gave me a bunch of tips on how to build/maintain an oval, since at the time, i was building one, now i'm maintaining one. If you care to know what he told me, let me know and i'll type up the PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Morning bump. I would like to get as many people to this event as possible. All of the money that is taken in will go to the track for improvements. I am promoting this event and drumming up sponsors for this event for free. I have big plans for this place for next year. I am organizing a points series for next year and this track is going to be one of them. I am also going to work on benefit races and 2 big event races also. I have a track 4 miles from my house that myself and a friend built for someone but I am doing this because I think it is the coolest track around for 8 scales. Did I mention that I am 4 hours away? That is either dedication or stupidity. I am going for dedication.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I'm in.

I'm in for open 1/8 latemodel. Any practice days before the race day?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Tim,

Thanks so much for putting in your time and effort to promoting DO racing.

What's your turnout looking like for SC Latemodel right now?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

The problem with the oval racing up here is that there are too many offroad racers that are against oval racing and they do everything that they can to discourage people not to run it because they are afraid of losing racers. What they don't understand is that with the SCT class the only changes that can be done to truck is the body. That is it. They have to run the stock tires also. Motor rules are to be in place to keep people from buying the latest and greatest each week. 13.5 or 10.5 is all the motor that needs to be put in them. Anything more than that will cost more money in the long run. Parts getting worn out like the diffs and outdrives from the more HP that is being put into them. We are having that same problem with the 8 scales also but I have a few ideas working for next year to solve that problem and make the cars more controlable. People think to go faster they need to install the biggest motor they can find and the more money it costs the faster that it will be. I have proved that theory to be wrong all year to people and they just don't want to except it. Some people are seeing what I am doing and are all for it but then there is always somebody that doesn't think it is right. They are usually the ones with all of the money.

Nashville has a good contingent of SCT racers if they will all show up at once but their problem is that they have an indoor track a few miles down the road that has been trying to dictate what goes on at the new oval that was built up the road from them. They don't want someone else coming into their area and mess up what they have. The bad thing is there is no oval at the indoor location anymore.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

What's the motor and tire rules going to be for SC latemodel?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

I would like to see nothing over 10.5 on the motor. Tires I would like to see kit tires only.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmr22
I would like to see nothing over 10.5 on the motor. Tires I would like to see kit tires only.
On kit tires, are you meaning kit specific (AE on AE/TRX on TRX) or kit tires in general?
Unfortunately, I think with the number of SC racers around buying kit tires might eliminate some that already have a good collection of aftermarket tires.

But I like the idea of kit tires.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

If you run the tires that come in the kit then you will not need to buy any tires. Everyone should have them already. Just don't want to run the pins because it will fuzz up the track. They run the kit tires in Nashville and traction is not a problem.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aardvark
I talked to Vince a year ago and he gave me a bunch of tips on how to build/maintain an oval, since at the time, i was building one, now i'm maintaining one. If you care to know what he told me, let me know and i'll type up the PM.
Have you got any pictures of your track. Lets hear some info on it. Might want to work out something with Eric and Jimmy and alternate Saturdays. It will help out both tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.