Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
All F1 drivers read this NOW! >

All F1 drivers read this NOW!

All F1 drivers read this NOW!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

Here's my .02 on the whole "silver-can VS. Brushless". a 2wd F1 with a silvercan is in my opinion all the speed you need on the Battlefield track. There's only one section of the track that you could really "possibly" tell a difference and that's the back straight. I was turning the same lap times with my silvercan F1 as the VTA guys were with 4wd brushless.. I think if someone wanted to run brushless with us then let them. It's a bit overkill i think because i was getting some "wheelspin" with a silvercan.. i honestly don't see lap times being that much different.. If this remodel ever gets done I'll come race lol..
Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jspurgin
Here's my .02 on the whole "silver-can VS. Brushless". a 2wd F1 with a silvercan is in my opinion all the speed you need on the Battlefield track. There's only one section of the track that you could really "possibly" tell a difference and that's the back straight. I was turning the same lap times with my silvercan F1 as the VTA guys were with 4wd brushless.. I think if someone wanted to run brushless with us then let them. It's a bit overkill i think because i was getting some "wheelspin" with a silvercan.. i honestly don't see lap times being that much different.. If this remodel ever gets done I'll come race lol..
Excuses excuses....
Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure this will improve racing just as the newspaper will bring in some new peeps. The best part of all this is that kent and I are very very lucky to have the best crew anyone could need for promoting the track and to help with the things we need to make it happen. You guys know who you are. If not I will introduce you to each other. Raceday cometh!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie747
Wow! I was just geting back into the rc world to have some fun. But it looks like there is no fun to be had. Since this track is not a paying track for winning and is a track for fun and bragging rights.
I am not sure that I can follow the logic in this post. Myself and a small army have gone through a lot of crap in the sweltering sun to have a track and now we have one. It makes little difference to me if we have a money race to attract a big crowd. Maybe thats not what you meant by paying track. The whole idea of a paying track is foreign to me. I have never been to a track that paid me. Maybe its because I am on the lower end of the stack. Nonetheless I want good club racing with people that will end up being my friends for the next thirty years. Thats what is really fun to me. I will vote against money races every time. I could care less about winning half of my race fee back. I sure dont care about giving it to you.

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Then run a spec class and an open class. Im about fed up with the shit. I have NEVER seen the amount of controversy in our local off road racing when it comes to cars and classes as every on road race platform/class ive seen. and ya'll wonder why on road dies so fast
Sigh... see you guys pissed off the Monkey now theres poo all over the place. I don't know man. I think dirt racing has a lot of it too.(controversy) You may be right. It certainly seems like every little thing we do is like passing a kidney stone. But I think it is worth it. Besides all of the BS that happens on this forum is a poor reflection of the fun we have on raceday.

This however is a great reflection of the fun we have on raceday.
http://www.youtube.com/user/snoopyRC.../1/SmOxLkYG4VI
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

And to make F1 more interesting I will be shooting at the cars with my automatic Nerf gun.

http://www.youtube.com/user/snoopyRC.../0/DQYWpDlr4jw
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I am not sure that I can follow the logic in this post. Myself and a small army have gone through a lot of crap in the sweltering sun to have a track and now we have one. It makes little difference to me if we have a money race to attract a big crowd. Maybe thats not what you meant by paying track. The whole idea of a paying track is foreign to me. I have never been to a track that paid me. Maybe its because I am on the lower end of the stack. Nonetheless I want good club racing with people that will end up being my friends for the next thirty years. Thats what is really fun to me. I will vote against money races every time. I could care less about winning half of my race fee back. I sure dont care about giving it to you
if you would have read my whole post. you would have seen that i meant Since the track does not pay out or pay our bills with the winnings. IT IS JUST FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!! SO WHY ALL THE CRYING.. Just get out there and race and HAVE FUN. simple as that
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
bmr
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

And to make F1 more interesting I will be shooting at the cars with my automatic Nerf gun.
Ooohh Yeaaa, Bring it on.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

if you would have read my whole post. you would have seen that i meant Since the track does not pay out or pay our bills with the winnings. IT IS JUST FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!! SO WHY ALL THE CRYING.. Just get out there and race and HAVE FUN. simple as that
This is a much better elaboration on what you meant. Thank you. I did read the whole post from before, but this is much better.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I
Sigh... see you guys pissed off the Monkey now theres poo all over the place. I don't know man. I think dirt racing has a lot of it too.(controversy) You may be right. It certainly seems like every little thing we do is like passing a kidney stone. But I think it is worth it. Besides all of the BS that happens on this forum is a poor reflection of the fun we have on raceday.

This however is a great reflection of the fun we have on raceday.
http://www.youtube.com/user/snoopyRC.../1/SmOxLkYG4VI

I think you are right Snoopy. I don't think I've ever been on an internet forum of any kind that didn't soon turn nasty. It is just too easy to misunderstand the tone and/or meaning of what other people post. I hate that I have contributed to it! I think everyone (me included) needs to take a deep breath and relax. HUGE thanks to you and all of the others who have put in the hard work to provide us a track to bitch about...er, I mean race on. I'll be out of town this Saturday, but I promise I will be out soon to get some F1 laps in.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Finally! we get snipers... Now I'm a happy camper. Monkey and I will feel right at home.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

"Thats what I said, it just took me a paragraph to get there
"
I have those days all the time. You will love the F109. At less than half the price of a Tamiya it and the tech 125 are the best deals in F1 racing.

"Sigh... see you guys pissed off the Monkey now theres poo all over the place.

Not to worry, at the track we keep a supply of wee wee pads for those days when he is in the zone on the track and can't wait for the finish line.

Randy, hold off on that Tamiya axle conversion, It may take a part that I may not have. For now I can get you a complete set of foams you can have to get you going.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its okay george, I have enough to run it as is right now with rubber tires. Just looked like the diff was the same.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Cna anyone tell me if i will be able to run this car and what class. I just bought it so im curious. i know its hard to tell by a pic but i thought id give it a shot. I have been out of the rc hobby for a while . So i am not up to date with all the rules. And there seems to be a lot LOL.

All F1 drivers read this NOW!-f109.jpg

Last edited by charlie747; 07-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Cna anyone tell me if i will be able to run this car and what class. I just bought it so im curious. i know its hard to tell by a pic but i thought id give it a shot. I have been out of the rc hobby for a while . So i am not up to date with all the rules. And there seems to be a lot LOL.

Attachment 781018
Put a silver can motor in it and its set for f1 it looks
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

From the pic it looks like a brushed 27T motor. What used to be called a stock motor. The car can run both classes with just a motor change. With a $17 silver can for F1 and the motor you have for the faster F1 class. It looks like it has everything else it needs to race. If that is the F109 you will love it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.