Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Phil Hurd R/C raceway in Savannah >

Phil Hurd R/C raceway in Savannah

Phil Hurd R/C raceway in Savannah

Old 06-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Phil Hurd R/C raceway in Savannah

Hello, my name is Rob Schoenbeck. I recently moved down to georgia and used to competitivley race in my home state of Illinois. The facility up there was world class, multi roar and ifmar championships were and are still held there. I have been to the Phil Hurd raceway, and wonder why they dont race one day during the week, and then every saturday and sunday. I just see a good track not being used.....i would love to donate my ideas and efforts to make this place really rock. Feel free to message me back with input.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome to Georgia.For a long time that used to be "THE" track to go to. Racers from all over would make the trek like they were going to mecca. Not sure why it seeme to lose the limelight it used to have. One guess would be the saturation of offroad on Ga but I could be wrong about that. Jump in there and boost them up with some ideas. It is still a great track and worthy of being a star attraction for racing. Very good location as you have seen.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Like mxrich said, it used to be best track in GA. It's still a great track and park, just needs alil love and regular racing. We had a blast running round 4 of the GCS there in April. I'd drive down again for a big race. They've also had issues with flooding and the bridge being out. I hear there club racing is just getting going again. I'm sure they'd welcome the help.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Web address is-

http://philhurdraceway.com/

There is a contact link there, the web master can answer questions. You have to join for access to the club forum. There are quite a few guys that go out regular on the weekends, even if there isn't a race. They usually get together and plan on the forum.

There are conversations about a club race on July 2 or 3, still debating.

Also, July 23rd, 6pm, is on the schedule.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Cool, thanks for the info. I would just like to see a decent turn out of people and such. More is always a better time. I think a race once a week would be awesome.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Welcome Rob. I think we met at the track this past Sat. and Sun. The next club race is sunday july 3rd at 10 am.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

That's pretty much the track I remember only no grass infeilds. Lot's of memories there.