Old 06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

As many #3's as humanly possible
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
Thats the reason we created the "SPORTSMAN" class. So the newer guys and the ones who feel intimidated would have their own class. Only rule is win three times and move up. Fast guys will always be fast and the ones who want to compete will do what it takes to do so. I have been to every big race in the state and other than travelling cost and tires I haven't spent any money on my truck other than a set of rear arms. I feel thats still pretty cheap in my opinion. You will always have the cost of tires for different tracks and cant get away from that. As far as technology goes everyone is running a tekin esc which is the cheapest competetive esc on the market. If you want to have fun once in a while than come out and do so that part of our program has never changed but I cannot control the competetive nature of everyone else.
I was in no way trying to criticize TT or the way you guys run your program. I have enjoyed running at TT more than any other place I've ever raced. You guys are very accomodating and helpful to everyone. I was just stating my opinion of what I would like to read about. I've loved playing with and racing RC cars for the past 20 years - I've never been good at it and I'm fine with that but it just seems like something has changed in the last few years. Probably me! LoL. There are just so many ways to spend your time and money these days and with the economy the way it is there are more options competing for less money. RC racing is a blast, it is extremely fun and allows you a venue to release your competitive nature. The main problem I have with the hobby though is for example a couple of years ago everyone was excited by the Traxxas Slash - a really nice truck that was really affordable. There were lots of classes started for the box stock Traxxas Slash which you could buy for about $200. That lasted about 3 weeks and then everyone wanted to use different electronics, then different tires, motors, suspension parts, etc. until it morphed from a "Slash" class into "SCT" allowing different manufacturers, thus making the original Slash more or less obsolete. I'm sure that's human nature more than anything else - but hell, I'm old so what do I know? I will say though that Turtletrax is the Premiere Off Road track I have ever raced at and I hope to get to run on your new outdoor track soon. I just don't have enough free time to devote to all of my hobbies!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm with ya GT40, I can only do this every now and then. So I just pic the classes that don't change much. Love to run VTA but it changes from time to time so I'll stick to TC seems to stay the same, same with mini coopers. If I have to run with a bunch of new guys an kids to stay with a stock Slash oh well I guess. Its the same with the planes, the fields fill up with who can buy the biggest most expensive toys. lol If nothing else Randy we'll keep showing up to slow down the fast guys...lol
Old 06-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
I'm with ya GT40, I can only do this every now and then. So I just pic the classes that don't change much. Love to run VTA but it changes from time to time so I'll stick to TC seems to stay the same, same with mini coopers. If I have to run with a bunch of new guys an kids to stay with a stock Slash oh well I guess. Its the same with the planes, the fields fill up with who can buy the biggest most expensive toys. lol If nothing else Randy we'll keep showing up to slow down the fast guys...lol
You're right Randy, those fast guys need somebody to pass don't they?