Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing in marietta???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing in marietta???

I looking for a little bit more info on a track in Marietta.. I believe its run by nexus racing???... I'm looking to get back into electric racing.... i used to run carpet circle track and unfortunately i cant find a place to run anymore.... i understand there is a carpet road course in Marietta. I also some what understand i can use my old chassis to run in a series that runs there which would run a rear wheel driven chassis. anyone have any feed back for me??
Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The place is Hot Shot RC. It's on 41 by the coke plant and highway 5.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hot Shot RC is a new track, Nexus Racing closes the track down in the summer to racing (though they still practice on saturdays I belive) and only races in the cooler winter months. The class your refering to is probobly World GT, 1/10th scale Rwd pan cars. 1s lipo (3.7v) on a 13.5 Brushless motor. The Class runs a Spec Lilac Foam tires
Old 05-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

for an older 10th scale pan car u can run world gt. for an older 4wd sedan you could run vta or usgt. even open tc...

for indoorz carpet you got nexus, hitshots. for outdoor you got the track up north ga, about an hr from marietta and the some folks who run at the old sugar bowl
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Awesome... yea i think the world gt class is what I'm looking for. i have a few changes i need to make to the car but they are only minor. anyone have anymore info on the rules and specs i need to fallow the only set that i have are from back in 08... are there any changes since then i.e. legal bodies and motors??
Old 05-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarnut
Awesome... yea i think the world gt class is what I'm looking for. i have a few changes i need to make to the car but they are only minor. anyone have anymore info on the rules and specs i need to fallow the only set that i have are from back in 08... are there any changes since then i.e. legal bodies and motors??
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf

See 8.10.4
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Awesome.... thats exactly what i was looking for thanx for all the help.... time to get to work on the race car