Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread*** >

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Old 09-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default many questions

Sorry in advance for all the questions I have but here we go. I am trying to get Me and my son into some racing. We typically bash around the yard but after taking him up to d Dalton I think this is something we would enjoy. We currently have a t4 but I Don't think there is much st racing. I want to stick to associated vehicles so parts are interchangeable. Which classes, 2 wd buggy or 2wd sct would y'all recommend? Also, what is the cost to practice, as we may not get to race all the time but would enjoy driving the indoor track. If anyone has a vehicle setup in either of the above categories that you might be interested in selling to get us going, pm me. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carlt126
Sorry in advance for all the questions I have but here we go. I am trying to get Me and my son into some racing. We typically bash around the yard but after taking him up to d Dalton I think this is something we would enjoy. We currently have a t4 but I Don't think there is much st racing. I want to stick to associated vehicles so parts are interchangeable. Which classes, 2 wd buggy or 2wd sct would y'all recommend? Also, what is the cost to practice, as we may not get to race all the time but would enjoy driving the indoor track. If anyone has a vehicle setup in either of the above categories that you might be interested in selling to get us going, pm me. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
2wd buggy is the larger class out of all you mentioned. A lot of people at hotshot run 1/10th 2wd buggy so you will almost always be able to have a small race. Even when just there to practice.
The 2wd sct is a really small class right now. We are lucky to have enough people bring their sct out to run.
FYI the 1/10th 4wd class is growing right now. Lots of guys running these right now.
I can't help you with a set up for associate since I run Losi, there is a set up sheet posted on the wall at hotshot for the associate.
As far as practicing at hotshot I believe it cost $10 to practice during non-race events or what not. The race's cost more and there are various days when club racing is going on, usually on Wed., Friday nights and Sat. With a Sunday series here and there. Club racing depends on turn out and its run what you bring racing.
I am sure Brad from hotshot can cover anything I may have missed. Look forward to seeing you and your son out at the race's.

Last edited by Grimm1; 09-28-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Grimm1
2wd buggy is the larger class out of all you mentioned. A lot of people at hotshot run 1/10th 2wd buggy so you will almost always be able to have a small race. Even when just there to practice.
The 2wd sct is a really small class right now. We are lucky to have enough people bring their sct out to run.
FYI the 1/10th 4wd class is growing right now. Lots of guys running these right now.
I can't help you with a set up for associate since I run Losi, there is asset up sheet posted on the wall at hotshot for the associate.
As far as practicing at hotshot I believe it cost $10 to practice during non-race events or what not. The race's cost more and there are various days when club racing is going on, usually on Wed., Friday nights and Sat. With a Sunday series here and there. Club racing depends on turn out and its run what you bring racing.
I am sure Brad from hotshot can cover anything I may have missed. Look forward to seeing you and your son out at the race's.
The only advice I have against 4wd 1/10 is they are more fragile, a ton faster and alot more expensive to get rolling more so than a b5. The best bet for a beginner/intermediate/pro class would be 1/10 2wd buggy. Its going to have the whole spectrum of racers so chances are you will be paired with others of your driving level and as it progresses theres people there already waiting.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This is a great hobby/sport for father and son. My suggestion would be if both of you are going to race would be a B5M for you and a 2wd SC10 for your son if he is under 12. SCT is a lot more forgiving when learning to race. Also it would mean you could help him while he is racing because you would not be racing at the same time. Like others have said it is $10 to practice. Race fees change depending on the race.

Just my .02
Old 09-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
This is a great hobby/sport for father and son. My suggestion would be if both of you are going to race would be a B5M for you and a 2wd SC10 for your son if he is under 12. SCT is a lot more forgiving when learning to race. Also it would mean you could help him while he is racing because you would not be racing at the same time. Like others have said it is $10 to practice. Race fees change depending on the race.

Just my .02
Yeah it might be your .02, but atomicsickness .02 is worth $37.00!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Current Track Layout

Where can i find pics or video of the current track layout ?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duke Cummings
Where can i find pics or video of the current track layout ?
Duke the track has been going through weekly changes to parts of the track, we are getting ready for the GIC race in Nov 14, 15. If you don't have too far to travel just come on out and check it out for yourself, it's fast hard packed clay indoor 50 x 90, many, many, elevation changes. We race Weds, Friday, and Sat, the week of the GIC there will be no race on Weds night.

2wd buggy is the largest class, then 4wd 10th scale, SCT's, and 1/8 Scale, bring your friends and come have some fun!!!

See you soon, Carl Knight
Old 10-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry hadn't been to track in awhile wife laid off work put hobby
On hold a bit , back working again back to it , on the big race in nov
Is there gonna be reserved pit space ? And or do have pay for pit space
Be big race wasn't sure if pit has changed thanks guys
Wristpin
Old 10-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wristpin
Wristpin
If your not on the entry list already you might want to check with Brad, race is pretty much sold out!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wristpin
Wristpin
Pit spots are reserved for the event with such a packed house. I know I have under the drivers stand for the Team Sweep guys. I know most others have reserved spots also. But, as Bob said check with Brad for details.

Brian
Old 10-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks info guys. , call brad see what's left if any
Old 10-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Superlooper I sent ya pm ,
Old 10-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Is hotshots closed today?
Old 11-08-2014, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default transponder question

What type of transponder should I be looking for? Will the amb work as well as the mylaps? 2 or three wire? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What type of transponder should I be looking for? Will the amb work as well as the mylaps? 2 or three wire? Thanks in advance.
I have a MyLaps RC4 (3wire) in mine and it works great at hotshot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.