Wiki Posts
Search

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
I believe you guys will be very happy with the traction at this Metro race, I have fixed dozens and dozens of pot holes, widen the tight lanes, reposition the new 400watt high pressure sodium lights for more lighting of the track.
Any grape soda, or sugar will not be put on no later than Thursday, 6pm an in MODERATION! I have not really like the sugar idea as a traction aid.
I know all the Hot Shots racers remember the great traction the track had without these additives, the track has been kept wet for track repair, all repairs and widening the lanes will finished TOMORROW the 16th!

Sorry for the lack of great traction for the past couple of week, I have tried a few thing and few ways of preparing the track, my goal was to start now to have the track ready for the Nov race.
I wanted to find out just how much water is really needed, so when Nov gets here the track will be maintaince free from Friday morning to Sat night.

Carl Knight

PS: SPREAD THE WORD THURSDAY PRACTICE DAY THE 18TH, WILL BE CANCELLED, I HAVE NOT CLEARED THIS WITH BRAD BUT I'M SURE HE WILL UNDERSTAND.
Thanks for the info and hard work Carl. Can't wait for the traction to return.

Brian
Old 09-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up

...reposition the new 400watt high pressure sodium lights for more lighting of the track....
YES! Thanks Carl!! More lighting and more traction...man, I'm running out of excuses with all these upgrades!!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I believe you guys will be very happy with the traction at this Metro race, I have fixed dozens and dozens of pot holes, widen the tight lanes, reposition the new 400watt high pressure sodium lights for more lighting of the track.
Any grape soda, or sugar will not be put on no later than Thursday, 6pm an in MODERATION! I have not really like the sugar idea as a traction aid.
I know all the Hot Shots racers remember the great traction the track had without these additives, the track has been kept wet for track repair, all repairs and widening the lanes will finished TOMORROW the 16th!

Sorry for the lack of great traction for the past couple of week, I have tried a few thing and few ways of preparing the track, my goal was to start now to have the track ready for the Nov race.
I wanted to find out just how much water is really needed, so when Nov gets here the track will be maintaince free from Friday morning to Sat night.

Carl Knight

PS: SPREAD THE WORD THURSDAY PRACTICE DAY THE 18TH, WILL BE CANCELLED, I HAVE NOT CLEARED THIS WITH BRAD BUT I'M SURE HE WILL UNDERSTAND.
Having the corner marshalls sweep before every race REALLY helps as well.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Can we rename this place to Carl Knight raceway?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Can we rename this place to Carl Knight raceway?
I second that. Carl Knight memorial raceway.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
I second that. Carl Knight memorial raceway.
Wait a minute!.....isn't something that's named a "memorial" after that person is dead!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
Wait a minute!.....isn't something that's named a "memorial" after that person is dead!
Yep!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Default HotShotRC Raceway will be CLOSED Thursday 9/18

HotShotRC Raceway will be CLOSED Thursday 9/18 for track repairs. We will reopen on Friday at noon.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
Yep!
Hey Superlooper not all of me is dead, hold off with the memorial word until I'm in the box. Carl

The track is really looking good for Friday practice and Sat racing, it's smooth and fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Superlooper not all of me is dead, hold off with the memorial word until I'm in the box. Carl

The track is really looking good for Friday practice and Sat racing, it's smooth and fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, okay then!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd be dead after all that work
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Having the corner marshalls sweep before every race REALLY helps as well.
I think it would be faster to have the marshals sweep after they marshal. This way they can get right on it in the time it takes to get the next group of marshals out on the track. Maybe not a huge difference but think it would save a couple of mins between rounds.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Is it racing or practice this Friday night?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Is it racing or practice this Friday night?
Practice all day $5 and that reserves you a pit table for The Metro.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys the track is really really looking good, I know the traction will be the best this track has ever had, track records will be broken, personal best lap times will be broken, 10 foot lanes all over the track , 13 foot wide straight, full throttle sweeper, you got to come try this out, this is going to be pretty close to track conditions at the race in Nov. I am going to change the track some before Nov's race.

Carl Knight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.