Wiki Posts
Search

***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://hotshotrc.com/wordpress/contact/
Schedule shows racing tonight. This incorrect schedule hurt some people on Saturday because it still showed 3 start time when it was actually 12.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Oh, they don't race every Wednesday anymore?
Old 07-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

From what I know, I was under the impression that Brad was on vacation until Sunday when racing would resume.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:27 PM
zpg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by treys1
Oh, they don't race every Wednesday anymore?
They still do race on Wednesday evenings. Just not tonight (7-23-14) as I believe the owner is out of town. There will be practice though. One would hope that the simplicity of the Google calendar that shows the scheduled races would be properly utilized and correctly updated.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

OK, so generally speaking they do run every Wednesday barring special circumstances..... Correct?

I just don't want to sink money into stuff to run twice a month, if I do it I will be out every Wednesday. That's actually why I stopped coming to on road when they first put in dirt. They were alternating, then sometimes went two Wednesdays offroad back to back...etc. The schedule was just meh at that time.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by treys1
OK, so generally speaking they do run every Wednesday barring special circumstances..... Correct?

I just don't want to sink money into stuff to run twice a month, if I do it I will be out every Wednesday. That's actually why I stopped coming to on road when they first put in dirt. They were alternating, then sometimes went two Wednesdays offroad back to back...etc. The schedule was just meh at that time.
Yea it's typically racing every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday then Practice or Racing on Sundays. Pretty much any planned race day that has a low turn out will turn into practice.

In any case best bet is to check this forum if you have a long drive to the track or making plans etc. (the general GA forum, as there are 3 - 4 running HS threads)
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As long as the signup clip board is in plan site on the counter the Wednesday night crew will race! Even if it's just 2 people we will race.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know the schedule and information has been misinformed, there is a plan in motion to make some changes in the scheduling as far as who does the scheduling and publishing the information..

In Brad's case he has been running the whole show at Hot Shots, at home and at work. What makes his situation different from other track owners is Hot Shots being an indoor track he can run anytime with no concern of darkness or weather or neighbors. Some racers like running Weds night, I like Friday night, some Sat and some Sunday, so what does Brad do he tries to please all the racers.

Right or wrong he is trying make the racers happy, so maybe we the racers should use this forum to help communicate what our plans are about when we plan to come race that would help let everyone have an idea of how many will be racing that night or day.

I'm going to talk with Brad after his vacation about some changes to many areas of Hot Shots as well as the track itself. Everyone knows money is what makes things happen this will be a part of how fast these changes will take place as long as Brad agrees to give them a try.

I want to stay just a racer at most just a helper, but I can see where help is needed to make these changes happen, I will do my part, there will be other areas where help will be needed which I don't know how to do it, so I plan to ask a few of my racing friends to take the step and help get these changes in the works and on the right path. Once these paths have been laid the work will be minimal.

I know we are racing Sunday 27th July, 2014, watch this forum to make sure what time.

One step at a time, Carl
Old 07-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Schedule

I personally like the weekends for racing since my work schedule
Has me working at night m-f so I miss week races, not sure how
Many on type of work schedule but if a track was open during
Week days lil earlier than noon I wouldn't have problem paying or
Buying membership for practice sessions, and I'd like to thank
You all involved for hotshots , brought me back to the hobby
And last 2 races realized how much I have missed it , just throwing
My 2cents worth , maybe others chime in on what schedules work
For them help the crew organize some schedules .
Old 07-25-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's great insight Carl. I know it's all about the money for Brad as far as Hotshots is concerned. Personally I would love if it was setup where there was 2 practice days a week and 2 race days. Wed & Sat practice and Friday & Sunday race days. A lot of the time folks have more fun during practice rather than racing. Just my 7 and 1/2 cents. I'll go with the flow.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roby1
That's great insight Carl. I know it's all about the money for Brad as far as Hotshots is concerned. Personally I would love if it was setup where there was 2 practice days a week and 2 race days. Wed & Sat practice and Friday & Sunday race days. A lot of the time folks have more fun during practice rather than racing. Just my 7 and 1/2 cents. I'll go with the flow.
On that note, I'll toss my 2c in. I know that I am not currently racing, but I used to come every Wednesday for several months until the die / kill off of onroad. I would still be coming every Wednesday to race onroad if it was available as it once was.

That being said, I am currently thinking about trying offroad even though I know I'm not that great at it. I think the weekday night option is nice for some people. Weekends honestly are just too busy for some people.

I know that Hotshots can't and certainly shouldn't cater to an ex that is thinking about coming back, but I think there has to be others that like that format.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hotshots is going to open tomorrow for practice right? Still opening at noon? Wish I could run race sunday but other obligations are in the way.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Open practice tomorrow would be awesome! Then race Sunday, perfection.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Open practice tomorrow would be awesome! Then race Sunday, perfection.
We are open for practice Saturday and racing Sunday. I will be back in town Sat night with a new schedule for the rest of the year and Q1 of 2015.

Here we go again !
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Which transponders work here? I know MyLaps, but does it have to be Hybrid or will others work and if so which. I can't remember to save my life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.