Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VTA @ HotShotRc Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

OK, yall figure this out ASAP I just snagged a TC5 and I'll try to put something together
Old 03-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Well this is where I am at. I have two old Chassis the Yokomo SD being more outdated than the Serpent S400. So I am thinking that the shaft car should be a deticated VTA car. The S400 I might build a USGT car but I am thinking that if I put a Ballistic system in it I can get both winds and I will be ready whatever happens. 21.5 boosted is still quicker than I would like for this, but like I said, I am up for a themed TC class. Just not standard TC or 13.5. Im done with that mess.

While I agree that these are not intended as beginner classes, the fact that they are slower makes them more ideal to a beginner than say starting in TC and going against the likes of Busse, James, Sawyer and other racers that regularly keep a much faster pace. I mean if not here then where does one start? Minis?
I disagree on the idea that they are not easier to drive just because they are slower. I think they are easier to drive being slower. I am not meaning to be a PITA, and I recognize that your racing experience is significantly greater than my own.
I wouldn't worry too much about the skill level comparisons. These cars will be slow enough that no should be able to really break away from one another.
This class if done properly should become the main stay class, ie. the backbone of the local racing program. The cars should be more inviting to new comers and crossovers.
TC, whether it be stock or mod is very intimidating & very difficult to get started in. At the lower speeds there should not be as high risk to breakage, with the few tires on the market for this class, they should have long life span & because of the style of tire, there aren't many compounds to choice from killing compound & tire wars.
Is it time to break out the Tamiya & HPI bodies!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
While I agree that these are not intended as beginner classes, the fact that they are slower makes them more ideal to a beginner than say starting in TC and going against the likes of Busse, James, Sawyer and other racers that regularly keep a much faster pace. I mean if not here then where does one start? Minis?
I disagree on the idea that they are not easier to drive just because they are slower. I think they are easier to drive being slower. I am not meaning to be a PITA, and I recognize that your racing experience is significantly greater than my own.

A Mini class would be cool if alot of people still had them....... anyway if i got a few of my friend in to VTA what would a good kit cost them and what are some good choices for beginers?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
A Mini class would be cool if alot of people still had them....... anyway if i got a few of my friend in to VTA what would a good kit cost them and what are some good choices for beginers?
Thats kind of a loaded question because the idea behind VTA is that the slower speed hides the weaknesses in cheaper or older touring cars. Plus none of them have wings and the bodies all handle like crap.

Just the same there are a couple of ways to go about it.
1. Find a hasbeen. A star performer from last year or before. An X-ray T209 or something comparable that is no longer current, but was state of the art when it was new.

2. Find a budget brand new TC. A Sprint 2 sport or a Cyclone S. Tamiya has several that work.

I wish I had a better answer but there are so many chassis that work very well. You need to consider parts support. I would say in VTA that its more important than even performance.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
ANY 4wd 1/10 TC, be it 190mm or 200mm. New or used. I would recommend one with all those holes you were referring to earlier.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am totally up for RCGT class racing. I have a 350Z body waiting for someone with paint skillz
Old 03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Just got back from talking to the owner and Jason. You guys are going to absolutely love this.

We had a long discussion about classes and rules. I will let Jason chime in on that.

Layouts are also coming, by the racers for the racers!

Ladies and Gentlemen, on-road in Ga is about to come back in a big way!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Just got back from talking to the owner and Jason. You guys are going to absolutely love this.

We had a long discussion about classes and rules. I will let Jason chime in on that.

Layouts are also coming, by the racers for the racers!

Ladies and Gentlemen, on-road in Ga is about to come back in a big way!
Sweet! Hopefully it doesnt turn into the same kind of on-road club that other tracks have.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default vta rules

ok guys - after listening to everyone's concerns - heres what we should do - First off motor and esc http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi....pl?pn=NOV3036 - this keeps everyone competitive - no boost - this will run off newcomers and everyone knows it - if you want boost, run in the tc classes that we wil be talking about real soon - all rules according to VTA rules with a couple of exceptions -
1- 26mm treaded tires that are spec'd in the vta rules can be used all the way around on GT cars
2- wheels on gt cars must not be dish wheels - spoked (chrome or other bling of your liking) may be used
3- True vta vintage bodies will be allowed to run the rule spec wider rear tires with the 26mm up front - this is to aid in better traction, being that the gt cars will produce more downforce (with21.5's probably not much, but it should even it out)
4. FDR - Final Drive Ratio can be anywhere between 4 and 5.0 - consider this your boost - gearing in this range will be the racers choice - if you cheat and run more than a 5.0 FDR we have a "DORK" hat for you to wear that day!

How does this sound -

Also, I think we should have a car show before the race for the most realistic looking ride and Maybe I can get Brad to throw a Prize to the winner!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Will you guys be stocking items??
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this class sure sounds like it will be fun. Now i need to scrounge up $500 to field a car. I have a 8ight 2.0 buggy with 2 brand new servos, a brand new never started losi 350 engine in it i need to sell to buy one of these cars.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason douget
ok guys - after listening to everyone's concerns - heres what we should do - First off motor and esc http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi....pl?pn=NOV3036 - this keeps everyone competitive - no boost - this will run off newcomers and everyone knows it - if you want boost, run in the tc classes that we wil be talking about real soon - all rules according to VTA rules with a couple of exceptions -
1- 26mm treaded tires that are spec'd in the vta rules can be used all the way around on GT cars
2- wheels on gt cars must not be dish wheels - spoked (chrome or other bling of your liking) may be used
3- True vta vintage bodies will be allowed to run the rule spec wider rear tires with the 26mm up front - this is to aid in better traction, being that the gt cars will produce more downforce (with21.5's probably not much, but it should even it out)
4. FDR - Final Drive Ratio can be anywhere between 4 and 5.0 - consider this your boost - gearing in this range will be the racers choice - if you cheat and run more than a 5.0 FDR we have a "DORK" hat for you to wear that day!

How does this sound -

Also, I think we should have a car show before the race for the most realistic looking ride and Maybe I can get Brad to throw a Prize to the winner!
I can understand limiting how limiting the FDR (numerically) low could help even things out, but how does limiting how high (numerically) you gear a car come into play? Why would anybody be limited from running 10:1 if they only want their car to go 3.8 mph? I'm confused?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=cptxaggie;8887071]Just curious, would the fit into this VTA class or they a whole other class?

We opened one of these last night, looks a little small.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Yes they will stock items.....
Old 03-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Yep, we will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.