Wiki Posts
Search

VTA @ HotShotRc Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default VTA @ HotShotRc Thread

Ok guys - we know a year round carpet track is coming - I have spoken with Brad about classes and I know a bunch of you want this to be a regular part of Ga racing - so Vta racing talk starts here - My recommendation is to use the VTA rules posted here http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html - no exceptions - It seems that everytime a class dies its because of all the changes - The rules are clear here - the only other determining factor is 25.5 or 21.5 - i've seen both but what do you guys want? im open to building whatever we decide as a group to run! - also - how often should we race and on what days or weeknights? - I like the weeknight idea because of offroad on some weekends, but again Im open!

I am posting this thread to show interest for the management team at HotShot Rc to see and follow - thanks guys!

and remember - If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal. This is called the "Spirit of VTA" Rule. The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am new to on-road/carpet, so what is VTA and which manufacturers/models are the most competitive out of the box (requires less hop-ups to be competitive).
Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds cool, I still have my vta, just need a motor & esc.
Just need to know which motor, 21.5t or 25.5t. Is there a gearing limit with the 25.5t motors?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

......(tapping foot waiting on Darkside to chime in)
Old 03-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the weekday idea, and i like the looks of a VTA...but as asked before, suppose you were brand spanking new to the whole conceptt..what car would you buy? I have seen the videos of the carpet racing type stuff and honestly, those things are so fast and twitchy, i don't think i have the hand eye co-ordination to be any good at it at all. I like the idea of slow and all, but those souped up looking modern race bodies are cool too. It will be nice to get down there and check it out.

Just looked at the ae tc6 at tower..$473 for the kit, not including radio and ec/motor combo....is there are cheaper way into this class?

Last edited by Aardvark; 03-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aardvark
I like the weekday idea, and i like the looks of a VTA...but as asked before, suppose you were brand spanking new to the whole conceptt..what car would you buy? I have seen the videos of the carpet racing type stuff and honestly, those things are so fast and twitchy, i don't think i have the hand eye co-ordination to be any good at it at all. I like the idea of slow and all, but those souped up looking modern race bodies are cool too. It will be nice to get down there and check it out.
Depends if you're looking to buy in with new or if used is OK. New I'd probably look at the AE stuff, but used I would maybe look to pick up used Xray. The suspension has not changed in a while and there are a lot of people in the area familiar with the car and could help you out.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default vta

the beauty of this class is that its not that fast - it evens the playing field - and a cheaper car is just as competitive as an expensive one for the most part - people use hpi sprint cars, old plastic tub Losi's - old jsx cars - tc4's and 5's, xray 007,008,009,t3's, any 4wd 10th scale touring car will do - ck the rules on the link I provided in the first post and it will answer your questions - if you want to see the vta class run - type in VTA RC in youtube - think of it like stock 17.5 shortcourse racing with no turbo mod allowed - its good fender rubbing, all cars equal, may the best driver win racing! and to boot I get to put a Hemi Cuda body on my xray t3!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

I may run my XXXS. Can I be competitive with this car or do I need to trash it.......
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I may run my XXXS. Can I be competitive with this car or do I need to trash it.......
As long as you have the standard wheel hexes you should be ok.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Okay that's good to hear especially since my car still in pieces
Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
......(tapping foot waiting on Darkside to chime in)
wait on it...
Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I still have mine and it has a 21.5 since that's what the rules were at the time. Would love to run it again. Is there a gearing solution that would even out the performance of a 21.5 and a 25.5?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default 21.5

i like the idea of 21.5 as welll with an fdr of 5.5 - or a 25.5 at 4.0 - i think is about the same thing - i'll be using the 21.5 most likely
Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have two old touring cars sitting around. I was thinking about going VTA with one and USGT with the other. If anyone has an old VTA car with a 21.5 congratulations you have a perfectly competitive USGT car. Feel free to gear it however you need to.

I may mix and match. VTA power and USGT bodies and tires. I think thats USGTA. (Grand Theft Auto)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey Jason - I will hit you up tomorrow, been really busy at work.

Why don't we run RCGT? Same chassis and motor rules, but we can run the cool bodies, like the Lambos, GT40's and Ferrari's.

So no Protoforms DNA bodies or Mazda 6's or dish wheels. Make them look like real GT cars.

Check these out...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-them-off.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.