Wiki Posts
Search

I hate snow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default I hate snow!

Just wanted to let everyone know snow sucks!

Last edited by BrentH; 01-11-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It only sucks in states that have incompetent and unprepared DOT's.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

It was fun the first day, now its just boring.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
It only sucks in states that have incompetent and unprepared DOT's.
Georgia gets snow like this what, once every 4 or 5 years?

do you really want to spend millions of tax dollars on a fleet of salt and plow trucks you will only use 3-5 days every 5-10 years?

Its not the DOT's fault that proper equipment for this isn't in the budget, as it shouldn't be
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

They said right now its the roads that they can't plow anyway because of the trainwreck of semi-trucks and other vehicles that tried to get out after they were told to stay home.They can't plow around all those vehicles and have to wait for them to get cleared.

While its very annoying not to be able to get back and forth to the shop to get stuff done, I'd rather err on the side of safety than be stupid about it.

And I would be ROYALLY pissed to be funding more snow plows. I'd rather them get them on loan from other states like they are now whenever something crazy happens. Usually its only a day, this time it was more. Ah well.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

My issue is they did no preventive work. They have be reactive instead of proactive. They had a long lead time to get prepared and it seems like they did nothing.

Also, what is the deal with the airport? They have their own equipment to clear the runways and they have not been able to do so.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rfury
My issue is they did no preventive work. They have be reactive instead of proactive. They had a long lead time to get prepared and it seems like they did nothing.

Also, what is the deal with the airport? They have their own equipment to clear the runways and they have not been able to do so.
Samuel L Jackson showed up and told them he didn't want no m'fing ice on no m'fing plane, and so they shut down until there wasn't.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by hairy; 01-11-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: o.k i get the message i'll go away
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thread High-Jacking alert! Your missing the point......SNOW SUCKS!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

They have the equipment. It just seems they don't have a clue on how to properly deploy and use it. I think it is more an issue of incompetence and being reactive to issues instead of being proactive.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BrentH
Sounds like you need to head back to Floridia.

BTW, I have been stuck at home for 2 days. I am getting grumpy from all the bad daytime TV. I could have made it to work but had fears of not being able to get back after dark when the refreeze happens.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrentH
Yes, Yes it does.

*we now resume non-Hoffness*
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

the little podunk town in NY I lived in had 15 plow and salt trucks just to the one little town.. all of atlanta georgia has 8. They dont have the equipment to do anything preventative. There was too much snow and any preventative work would have acctualy made things worse. You can drive slowly on snow, if they had salted the roads they wouldn't have had enough time to lay another round of salt down before the snow froze the slurry mix that was on the road.

Anything preventative they had done would have just made things worse faster and the roads would have been iced over before the sun went down. The bridges and overpasses were the only thing with ice before the sun went down.

You dont realize how much equipment it takes to deal with 6" of snow. If that equipment were needed 6 months out of the year it would be worth it, but its not. To spread salt effectively you can only go about 30mph and theres a LOT of road to cover at 30mph with only a handful of trucks, its just not possible. There doing what they need to do right now, staying with emergency crews and electrical crews to make sure they can get to the people and places that really need help right now

And yes
snow sucks, it really really sucks
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Yes SNOW BLOWS ASS!!!!!!!

MW2 only goes so far before you start getting stir crazy, and by the sounds of it it seems that everyone is getting that way lol.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dill004
Yes SNOW BLOWS ASS!!!!!!!

MW2 only goes so far before you start getting stir crazy, and by the sounds of it it seems that everyone is getting that way lol.
And World of Warcraft isn't even UP yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.