Wiki Posts
Search

23rd yes-Plus "Light Out Race"

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
VRP
Tech Regular

Default 23rd yes-Plus "Light Out Race"

This Coming Thursday Dec 23Rd.. -Thursday Night Jam..
Practice from 5 to 6:30 pm Racing at 7pm
All Classes..

PLUS- "Lights Out race" --Last Race of the Night, I will turn off the Lights. We will run the Track Backwards . Your Car can be anything electric but must have at least 1 front light and 1 rear light.. can be as elaborate as you want or as simple as a add on battery powered system.. Race Is free but must use a Transponder..

Winner of this 10 minute "Lights out race" race gets a RTR Losi Sprint Car (170$) Must be at least 5 entries...

Get Them Ready...!
www.vrphobbies.com
Old 12-24-2010, 04:53 AM
VRP
Tech Regular

Great race last night ,thanks for all that made it out....The Lights out race was crazy -17 cars on the track at one time...!!!!!

Results and times
http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...ere=VRPHobbies
Old 12-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

That was the most fun I've had in aong time. It was great racing with all of you last night. Congrats to the winners and apologies to to anybody I may have got in the way of last night during the A main. Bumping from the B main was cool, but being the slowest in the "A" sucked.

The lights out race was the jump off. Is it me or did the track seem easier backwards? Or was it all that extra weight from strapping to flash lights to the top of my buggy?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 PM
VRP
Tech Regular

I hope somebody got some video of the "Lights Out" Race....It looked like I-285 on a Friday night at about 6pm...!! Crazy... Congrats to Jobby for making his way to the front and winning the Losi Slider.... He then turned around and donated as a prize for the "Lights Out" Race on Dec. 30th....!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I did see someone taking video last night. Not sure if they are a "forum-goer" or not though.

That was pretty crazy though, glad i stuck around after the races to watch the action lol. Good Stuff!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hum Bug Something to watch while sit in the snow

Some VRP indoor footage!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SYNAP2012

2 more vids coming

See yall the first Series race!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the footage I learned a lot from it. First thing I need to do is work on my gearing so I can clear the two doubles no matter what. I realize most of you guys could clear those sections even if you were off rhythm. Second is practice and more practice. I'll take this butt kicking for now but I'll be dishing them out soon.........