Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TURTLE TRAX 12/12 @ 2PM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well as ive been trying to get up there and check it out for a few weeks now... I think im going to PLAN my 19th and join you guys. Hell id like to find where the crowd is. I dont like driving 1-1.5hrs to a track just to find there isnt enough of a turnout to run...

Hate to say it but the couple times ive been down to vrp, there is just enough of us running on the track to get a race going (3 minimum). Im sure they have had bigger turnouts, but id hate for a day to be spoiled like that.

Dont get me wrong, not trying to badmouth. VRP has a pretty sweet little track going and the folks are great.

It will take me about as long to get to TT, probly an easier drive even. Just trying to feel out where the action is.

Hope im making sense lol

ALSO, i just ordered a SC10 to see how my GF and young'n would be interested in running (GF says she is ) Turnout seems good enough to get action anywhere also. TT has a shop ya? Anyone know if they stock transponders? I would need to get another for this new truck.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GizmoJunkie
Well as ive been trying to get up there and check it out for a few weeks now... I think im going to PLAN my 19th and join you guys. Hell id like to find where the crowd is. I dont like driving 1-1.5hrs to a track just to find there isnt enough of a turnout to run...

Hate to say it but the couple times ive been down to vrp, there is just enough of us running on the track to get a race going (3 minimum). Im sure they have had bigger turnouts, but id hate for a day to be spoiled like that.

Dont get me wrong, not trying to badmouth. VRP has a pretty sweet little track going and the folks are great.

It will take me about as long to get to TT, probly an easier drive even. Just trying to feel out where the action is.

Hope im making sense lol

ALSO, i just ordered a SC10 to see how my GF and young'n would be interested in running (GF says she is ) Turnout seems good enough to get action anywhere also. TT has a shop ya? Anyone know if they stock transponders? I would need to get another for this new truck.
Vinces track is still new to the area. Word will spread and his local group will grow. He has a great following for his outdoor track and has one of the best outdoor tracks around. We have a Hobby Shop and if the mail is kind to us we will have another shipment of transponders this week.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Great racin Sunday, I stayed toasty all day !
Sense indoor season is here, how about a points series of some type for like 5-6 races with a prize at the end. That may keep the classes always full

Old 12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok thanks.

And yes thats true, i think he completed his indoor setup like a week or two before i went down there? Totally understandable if classes look short for a bit. I would love to see more buggies down there. Going to try to participate in his thursday nights if i get the chance.

Too bad i didnt find out about you guys until recently, i was working in Cartersville for 3 months during the summer, from the looks of it, within about a mile or two...

Anyway - good, bad, or ugly, im anxious to get some racing in

edit:

Originally Posted by SPEEDYCYCLONE
Great racin Sunday, I stayed toasty all day !
Sense indoor season is here, how about a points series of some type for like 5-6 races with a prize at the end. That may keep the classes always full

I would be down for this as well
Old 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Had a blast!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Default I AM CURSED!!!!!!

Another trip to TT destoyed this time my real car broke down. I guess I should have cleaned the diff on that to.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Another trip to TT destoyed this time my real car broke down. I guess I should have cleaned the diff on that to.
Lol how did you destroy a Nissan rearend?