Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax Indoors 9/12

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Dang so traction compound is another added expense now. Awesome.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
I know. I argued against it being allowed but people were using it anyway. I saw it on several pit tables at the last race. The track might as well allow it since it was already in use but being hidden.

I just hope they never allow slicks. I believe slicks would mean a quick death to the track. Even allowing traction compounds may hurt the growth, but I hope it doesn't.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will make it if I can. The wife got arrested for supporting the rebel alliance and I am having trouble posting bond.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Yeah like $8 for the whole season.
Originally Posted by Rfury
I know. I argued against it being allowed but people were using it anyway. I saw it on several pit tables at the last race. The track might as well allow it since it was already in use but being hidden.

I just hope they never allow slicks. I believe slicks would mean a quick death to the track. Even allowing traction compounds may hurt the growth, but I hope it doesn't.
You don't have to use it but others are using it at home this just allows it to be publically used and still use "NON-offensive" compounds. It will aid in brining up the groove in the track.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doesn't using traction compound shorten the life of the foam inserts?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALLERACER
Doesn't using traction compound shorten the life of the foam inserts?
The Sticky Kicks stuff isn't as harsh. I had used it on my DD's on the SC10 at TT's outdoor track. I'm still running that set of tires. The 1/10th scale foams normally have a shorter life span compared with the molded foams in SC tires. It did help all the cars that tried it. Also it didn't look like tire wear was increased using it which is what I was worried about.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cmenard
The Sticky Kicks stuff isn't as harsh. I had used it on my DD's on the SC10 at TT's outdoor track. I'm still running that set of tires. The 1/10th scale foams normally have a shorter life span compared with the molded foams in SC tires. It did help all the cars that tried it. Also it didn't look like tire wear was increased using it which is what I was worried about.
Does this stuff last throughout the race? Or is it just something that gets and initial bite at the start of the race?

Do you apply it every round?

Never used this stuff, so i am gonna have plenty of questions!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

I am still 110% against this allowing of traction compound. Even the "NON-offensive" "candy smelling" stuff burns the crap out of my nose if I get too close.

I know I have an overly sensitive nose and my nose should not be the one that determines these things. My nose may determine whether I race anymore though...

And John, we already had this argument once. Looks like we need to have it again...
Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

We never completely disallowed saucing tires. We had stated from the beginning that an overnight soak at home in an odorless compound was kosher we just didn't want stuff in the track area giving people headaches.

The overnight sauce helps the most and softens the rubber on the tires allowing them to stick better. When you soak them over night you notice less dissipation of the effect because its not the compound on the outer edge of the tire thats helping its actually the fact that the rubber is softer and yields more grip. I played with some traction compound myself and noticed that it actually slowed my times down so I will not be racing with it. Its more a tuning aid like repositioning your shocks than it is a necessity, some people are faster without it than they are with it.

The big thing about allowing traction compound will be that it will help the track form a grove and even if you don't run compound others that are using it are leaving a little extra rubber on the track and bringing up the traction for everyone. Tires will last a long time out here with or without traction compound and even using it you'll only be buying a third of the tires you had to buy to stay competitive outdoors. And as Curtis has said the sticky kicks wont break down the foams very quickly like other harser compounds do. The barcodes and suburbs only get better with tire wear, and yes Richard we've said from the beginning no slicks and we will stick to that. We don't mind them in practice or during the week to save on tire cost for people that like to come out and practice a few times a week but during a race you will be required to have a visible tread pattern in your tire.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Very well. I will shut up now.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

And John, we already had this argument once. Looks like we need to have it again...
Nope... No need need for any arguments. What Gene says goes.

I was there Sunday racing and if I did not see someone putting on traction compound I would have never known. It has no smell unless you put your nose in the bottle. Use it or don't use it... it really is no big deal. A bottle cost like 5 bucks and will last all season. If someone that was there on Sunday had any issue with it please post here. I would love to read it.

My take is stop whining and just come and race...

Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
Nope... No need need for any arguments. What Gene says goes.

I was there Sunday racing and if I did not see someone putting on traction compound I would have never known. It has no smell unless you put your nose in the bottle. Use it or don't use it... it really is no big deal. A bottle cost like 5 bucks and will last all season. If someone that was there on Sunday had any issue with it please post here. I would love to read it.

My take is stop whining and just come and race...

Very well. I will shut up now.
Fine.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I will make it if I can. The wife got arrested for supporting the rebel alliance and I am having trouble posting bond.
Somebody stopped by Dragon con! Man if i would have thought about it i would have taken my Storm trooper blitz up there and got a pick with those guys!

That would have been cool!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to the next time we can come race. (not this weekend)

Adam, save me a bottle of "hot" when it comes in. I need all the help I can get in the grip department.

Has anybody tried it on the front tires only? I got plenty of rear grip, just not enough steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.