Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TURTLE TRAX 7/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will there be any 1/10th scale truck racing this weekend? and what is the normal turnout?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

We race SCT (Slash, SC10, Blitz ect) but have never had a turnout of Stadium Trucks. Were not opposed to running them if they show, we've just never had more than 2 here at a time

SCT turnout is generally somewhere between 10 and 20 trucks on an average race day.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

do you run the buggys and trucks together if there is not enough for a class?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

No, trucks run in the open class generaly. We had an open mod class that housed 4wd buggys and 2wd trucks as well as mod 2wd buggys but everyone that ran the class went to running 13.5 2wd buggys and 13.5 SCT to be in a larger class. I have a T4 that I wouldn't be opposed to throwing electronics in if we had a group of guys that wanted to come out and run some trucks
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cool, set me a sensor wire aside and I will try to make it out this weekend. Its a good possibility

LOL Jeff called tina a dude!!! I would kick him in the throat for that one...
Old 07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have been working on my truck to get it ready to run when the day comes we have a class
Anyone else have a truck to run? Bring it out
Old 07-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FATKAT
I have been working on my truck to get it ready to run when the day comes we have a class
Anyone else have a truck to run? Bring it out
If I don't change my mind, I will have my stadium truck back up and running by the Sunday race on July 18th.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fishn or Racin
Ford, justa little heads up, Tinasam is a woman. Turtle's wife to be more specific.

Originally Posted by tinasam
I've been called worse

But yea, if you need to have stuff put aside for you or ever want to make sure we've got something, just PM one of us... me, LMRacing, or TeamTurtle are all the staff here at Turtle Trax.... and Shaunmac is practically staff (Announcer/TrackNazi/HeWhoPoints)
Well thank you Ma'am. And sorry, I am bad about not even looking at names, especially at 8am (I work 6pm to 6am).

Originally Posted by ColbySC10
LOL Jeff called tina a dude!!! I would kick him in the throat for that one...
Try me.

I got my 8.5 system in today so I guess I will have to get a 13.5 if I get to make it.

What 13.5 motors do you have in stock? I am new to the BL setups. The ESC is a Novak 2s Sport Havok if it matters (it is sensored).
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Spencer!
Will there be any 1/10th scale truck racing this weekend? and what is the normal turnout?
Come on out and run we will watch lap times during practice and I will either put you with SCTs or buggies depending on your lap times. Main thing is come out and have fun. I don't think either group would mind having you run with them.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fordplay

Well thank you Ma'am. And sorry, I am bad about not even looking at names, especially at 8am (I work 6pm to 6am).

Try me.

I got my 8.5 system in today so I guess I will have to get a 13.5 if I get to make it.

What 13.5 motors do you have in stock? I am new to the BL setups. The ESC is a Novak 2s Sport Havok if it matters (it is sensored).
I guess the main question is what kind of truck? Maybe it was said and I didn't see. If it's 2wd then it's 13.5 or 17.5 I run 17.5 but with a tweaked out esc If you make the trip up we will get you running one way or the other. We may just do the speed run test and adjust your epa on the throttle till your on pace with the others. Thats the great thing with brushless you can tune it to whatever it really needs to be. Just come have fun and run on a 1/10th specific track.

Oh and don't worry about the sir/maam thing I make the same mistake too sometimes and Im married to her Man Im gonna be in the doghouse for that one
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

You BAMA guys need directions give me a call before heading up. I may be able to save you some drivetime. We are about 40 min from Centre AL.

Gene Samuels
706-409-2997
After 6AM and before 9PM EST

Look forward to meeting you guys and seeing some new faces at the track.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff is running an SC10. an 8.5 in an sc10 is dangerous... When you come up, see if you cant get ahold of Austin or Trace, Jeff. Would like to see those guys again. Im suprised neither of them have been to any crawl comps lately
Old 07-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
Come on out and run we will watch lap times during practice and I will either put you with SCTs or buggies depending on your lap times. Main thing is come out and have fun. I don't think either group would mind having you run with them.
He will be running the SCT class already.....might be able to drive 2 at a time though.

I guess the main question is what kind of truck? Maybe it was said and I didn't see. If it's 2wd then it's 13.5 or 17.5 I run 17.5 but with a tweaked out esc If you make the trip up we will get you running one way or the other. We may just do the speed run test and adjust your epa on the throttle till your on pace with the others. Thats the great thing with brushless you can tune it to whatever it really needs to be. Just come have fun and run on a 1/10th specific track.

Oh and don't worry about the sir/maam thing I make the same mistake too sometimes and Im married to her Man Im gonna be in the doghouse for that one
Yeah, its a SC10. I will probably just pick up a motor that you guys have. I do have a stock setup that I can run if needed. I am not an "over powered" type of driver anyway, I am more of the consistent type (usually).

Yeah, you might be in the dog house.

You BAMA guys need directions give me a call before heading up. I may be able to save you some drivetime. We are about 40 min from Centre AL.

Gene Samuels
706-409-2997
After 6AM and before 9PM EST

Look forward to meeting you guys and seeing some new faces at the track.
Thanks Gene. Here is the route I planned to take. Look about right?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,3.532104&z=8

Originally Posted by ColbySC10
Jeff is running an SC10. an 8.5 in an sc10 is dangerous... When you come up, see if you cant get ahold of Austin or Trace, Jeff. Would like to see those guys again. Im suprised neither of them have been to any crawl comps lately
Its only dangerous if you don't know how to use it.

I have tried calling them both, not taking calls apparently.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Does the hobbyshop have any jconcepts rulux rims for the rear for the slash in stock and proline caliber sc tires? And do you keep any losi strike parts in stock?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

we dont stock anything for a strike, nobody runs them out here. We had one guy out here a while back with one and it frustraited him so much he went out and bought a blitz the next day I think

As for the Slash we can probobly get you hooked up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.