Ask here for legal cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone have any idea where I may be able to find some parts for it?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Does anyone have any idea where I may be able to find some parts for it?
George came to the track with a couple trash bags full of old schumacher parts, he may have somthing for you you were looking for the pully gears werent you?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Jim, I sent you a PM on that motor lathe.

Bumping this back to the top. We had 5 turn out for our first Vintage race and we had a few that weren't able to make it.

Gene got a phone call from a GROUP from TN that will be coming down for the state race to run vintage with us so we need to get our practice in guys, its going to be a weekly offerd class at TT as long as we keep showing up. I know Brent Snoopy and I are there almost every week (well I know I'm there every week )

Rule Set has changed
No longer are we going to try and run the silver can Tamiya/Johnson motors. They just weren't enough to power the older heavy cars. Were going to be running 27 Turn Stock Brushed motors, and with George's approvel I'd still like the option to run the 21.5 brushless in the class. The lack of maintenece will help bring others into the class and have fun, and as was shown by the lap times I was off pace of the stock 27 turn motor. 21.5 is right between a silver can and a stock motor in the speed department.
However a 27 turn Brushed motor will be a requirement for the state race I belive, I do have one already for the race but will most likely sit it out as we look to be busy for the state race and I'll need to work it.

Well, I can only advise on the rule thing. Turtle has the final say on that. But if you were to ask me at my track I would say no brushless. They just did not have anything like that back in the day. 27t ends any confusion is and is plenty of motor for everyone...but that's just me. Now, the 7.4 Lipo. everyone has one these days it seems so 6 cell/ LiPo works for me on this. Again, that's just me. If someone came up with a new Kyosho 2wd buggy with an RC10 body on it, It would not be the first time. That guy got to watch the whole race ,no extra charge. You gotta have limits.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxrich
Well, I can only advise on the rule thing. Turtle has the final say on that. But if you were to ask me at my track I would say no brushless. They just did not have anything like that back in the day. 27t ends any confusion is and is plenty of motor for everyone...but that's just me. Now, the 7.4 Lipo. everyone has one these days it seems so 6 cell/ LiPo works for me on this. Again, that's just me. If someone came up with a new Kyosho 2wd buggy with an RC10 body on it, It would not be the first time. That guy got to watch the whole race ,no extra charge. You gotta have limits.
I'll end up swaping my motor out. I need to get a hold of a comm lathe though to turn my motor first I need to use the brushless speedo for my T4 anyway
Old 05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

So question.. does anybody have a brushed ESC they'd let go cheap? lol. Maybe a stock SCT esc. Or better yet.. can somebody help me with the ancient speedo I already have?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

So question.. does anybody have a brushed ESC they'd let go cheap? lol. Maybe a stock SCT esc. Or better yet.. can somebody help me with the ancient speedo I already have?
What's the problem with the one you have? From what I remember those speedos were quite simple in design and didn't need any fancy programming.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, yes I do. You will have to ask Tyler if you can have it though. I promised it to him. It's an old LRP v7.1.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
Yes, yes I do. You will have to ask Tyler if you can have it though. I promised it to him. It's an old LRP v7.1.
While I'd love to have an old associated brushed speedo let tyler have it if he can use it we need to get some electronics in that old T of his so he can come out and play with the rest of us in vintage. I've got stuff to use I just want some cheaper stuff to use so I dont have to invest in a new brushless speed controller. I want to get a blue star Speed passion for the T4 but my wallet cant handle it right now

Thanks for the use of the Lathe this weekend Joe
Old 05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

While I'd love to have an old associated brushed speedo let tyler have it if he can use it we need to get some electronics in that old T of his so he can come out and play with the rest of us in vintage. I've got stuff to use I just want some cheaper stuff to use so I dont have to invest in a new brushless speed controller. I want to get a blue star Speed passion for the T4 but my wallet cant handle it right now

Thanks for the use of the Lathe this weekend Joe
I am going to drop it by the shop this weekend. Hopefully you guys will see him soon and can give it to him.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I should be up there this weekend. Any one have a 27t motor for sale? Is is possible to use 2.2 tires on the stock wheels?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

I should be driving through about 4:30 on Saturday. I will get it to you this weekend Tyler.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have a shock rebuild kit for the gold rc10t shocks? I just realised mine didn't have oil or o rings....
Old 05-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Questions??

Hey George! Your the guru on this kinda stuff.... I need to know if a Novak 1X ESC in perfect order is worth 100.00?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by off road god
Hey George! Your the guru on this kinda stuff.... I need to know if a Novak 1X ESC in perfect order is worth 100.00?
Nothing is worth $100 to George!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.