Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking for help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default looking for help!

i have been out of RC racing for about 10 yrs. i have a 12yr old wanting start racing. we live in cartersville and turtle tracks sounds like a great place to start.
What i would like for him to run electric. what truck or buggie do most people run these days? also sounds like lipo is the new batt.
if you guys could make some suggestion on what to start with it would be great!
As i said, i used to race so i am not looking for entry level, more like the latest and greatest please!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by scott13
i have been out of RC racing for about 10 yrs. i have a 12yr old wanting start racing. we live in cartersville and turtle tracks sounds like a great place to start.
What i would like for him to run electric. what truck or buggie do most people run these days? also sounds like lipo is the new batt.
if you guys could make some suggestion on what to start with it would be great!
As i said, i used to race so i am not looking for entry level, more like the latest and greatest please!
I would personally pick a slash or another short course truck for the boy if he hasn't raced before. They are really hard to destroy and we get two to three full heats of them at Turtle Trax to run with him.

Other than that, the majority are running B4 buggies here.

I thought I'd answer you in both places We look forward to having you out at the track, make sure to pop in the hobby shop and say hi--I'm Tina.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

i agree with tinasam
Old 04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run 2wd buggy class with an RC10 B4 and my 9yr old runs 13.5 SCT with the SC10.
I like the SC10 but my son has had more than a few broken parts with it after only 2 races. He wrecks a lot. His Slash only broke (a body mount) once in hundreds of crashes.
SC10 = FAST
Slash = durable
Both are very easy to get parts for. All the LHS i have been to stock parts for these 2 trucks.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys! i will stop in tina!