Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax April 3rd Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Turtle Trax April 3rd Saturday

New week coming, new thread.

Saturday, April 3rd, open at 10 signups at noon to one and racing at 2 sharp!

Lots of new stuff in the shop, come by and see
Plus some used parts and car up for sale

Brownies and Barbeques are added to the concession list from here on out.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hope to attend. 2wd and 4wd SCT
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Weather looks good so far. I will be making a couple changes to the track this week. Im going to tame the hill at the end of the straight and add a couple more jumps/rythm areas. Should be even more fun and hopefully a touch faster. May get back into consistent 24 second range with buggies. We had a bunch of SCT's here practicing Saturday looks as if this class is going to explode this year. See everyone Saturday.

Gene
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat..... Now I have to change my whole setup! kidding... I cant wait to see what you come up with. I doubt the SC will be here in time seeing as it is yet to ship. Maybe I'll get lucky though
Old 03-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Should I still buy DD's, or will I be ok with holeshots, bowties, and calibers?

I won't be able to make it, I'm going down to Key West with some friends for spring break.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I can bring my B4 buggy this weekend, But was wondering if you sell Lipos up there...

I bought some Lipos from HobbyCity, a few days before ordering the B4, and the B4 will be here Tomorrow ( woo-hoo ) but the lipos have yet to ship....

So I need some 2s if anybody has a good one.

My B4 will have the 17T Reedy motor, is that ok for the stock class? I have a Komodo 19T I can put in if not.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat..... Now I have to change my whole setup! kidding... I cant wait to see what you come up with. I doubt the SC will be here in time seeing as it is yet to ship. Maybe I'll get lucky though
No need for setup change. Just making the end of the track a little more friendly and faster.

Originally Posted by 31794ty
Should I still buy DD's, or will I be ok with holeshots, bowties, and calibers?

I won't be able to make it, I'm going down to Key West with some friends for spring break.
If your not racing then any tire will work Just use those tires up then switch to DD's Holeshots will have more steering, Bowties more rear grip, Calibers not sure but should be in between the bowtie and holeshot. The proline tires wear out to fast thats why we prefer the DD's

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
I can bring my B4 buggy this weekend, But was wondering if you sell Lipos up there...

I bought some Lipos from HobbyCity, a few days before ordering the B4, and the B4 will be here Tomorrow ( woo-hoo ) but the lipos have yet to ship....

So I need some 2s if anybody has a good one.

My B4 will have the 17T Reedy motor, is that ok for the stock class? I have a Komodo 19T I can put in if not.
I would say that the 19T would actually be faster than the 17T because it is more of a race motor than the 17T. Really depends on the ESC thats powering it though. I have a CORE 5000mah 2s lipo in the shop for $25 it was one I was running at nexus in my TC.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default PRO OR NO?

Lets move this dicussion to the current thread. If everyone is happy the way things are we will leave it. If some of you think it would be a good idea to split the class let me know or we can stay the way it is and continue to run everyone in SS buggy. If you don't want your opinions displayed publically then PM me. I will make the final call on the class by Friday. It really would be nothing more than having two A mains instead of a B. If the turnouts are low then everyone will be run together to make a larger group.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If the weather holds out I plan to be up there Saturday for some SCT action. Ran the truck Saturday at Loganville and it's definitely ready.

See y'all then.

Curtis
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Turtle, you have a PM, and I will get my 19T comm cut, and new brushes and be ready Saturday.

Sweet it's going to be it Maiden Voyage.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
Lets move this dicussion to the current thread. If everyone is happy the way things are we will leave it. If some of you think it would be a good idea to split the class let me know or we can stay the way it is and continue to run everyone in SS buggy. If you don't want your opinions displayed publically then PM me. I will make the final call on the class by Friday. It really would be nothing more than having two A mains instead of a B. If the turnouts are low then everyone will be run together to make a larger group.
I don't care personally. I know that I would end up in the pro class eventually anyway. I might even end up there by default for all I know.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Turtle, you have a PM, and I will get my 19T comm cut, and new brushes and be ready Saturday.

Sweet it's going to be it Maiden Voyage.
There are a ton (like 23 pairs) of brushes we got in that are $1 a set instead of the $4 and $4.50 price tag. If they are left you'll need to come check them out and see if you use them.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

I'm about the same as Richard, It really makes me no difference. Although, I do kind of like the "threat" of ending up in the B main sometimes. I tend to push a little harder when I know I'm right on the verge of making it or being bumped out.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I'm about the same as Richard, It really makes me no difference. Although, I do kind of like the "threat" of ending up in the B main sometimes. I tend to push a little harder when I know I'm right on the verge of making it or being bumped out.
you gonna bring all the sticker w you? is the big one the I order is ready?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Everybody bring your 18th scales with you, lets start a new class going this weekend I just orderd a Brushless/lipo setup for the RC18B I aquired over the weekend (thanks bo!) and it was a ton of fun on the track when I finaly got it going. I think it would make an entertaining class to run for fun while waiting for batterys to charge for the mains

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.