Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc racing at lanier

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default rc racing at lanier

has anyone raced at the go kart track at lanier speedway -- i talked with a guy john i think it was he said he is trying to get some oval racing started at lanier since sugarbowl closed has or is anyone interested in this type of racing looks like it would be fast the guy also said they are willing to do something for touring cars as well
Old 11-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

A group of us looked into it about year ago, even set up an event for Quarter scale and on-road. Tried to get an interest going but it didn't happen. Plus the owner wanted to much money for the use of it!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pro oval
has anyone raced at the go kart track at lanier speedway -- i talked with a guy john i think it was he said he is trying to get some oval racing started at lanier since sugarbowl closed has or is anyone interested in this type of racing looks like it would be fast the guy also said they are willing to do something for touring cars as well
Sounds great. We need a new place for nitro on road in GA.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Myself, John Norman, ad Bob tried to get that going last year. For whatever reason, between John and Bob, things didn't work out. Last I heard, The track owner was over at Bob's house trying to get something going. I have a pan car ready to race some oval, so if I can help at all, let me know.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think between lanier and road atlanta, somebody should convince those guys that building a small scale track is good business. They have plenty of land, and there wouldn't be a noise issue. Anybody know somebody important over there, send them a new slash in the mail and maybe they will want a track.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monster95
Myself, John Norman, ad Bob tried to get that going last year. For whatever reason, between John and Bob, things didn't work out. Last I heard, The track owner was over at Bob's house trying to get something going. I have a pan car ready to race some oval, so if I can help at all, let me know.
This is BS........not the way it happened!

Don't start it again.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not starting anything. I'm saying that, I have no idea what happened. That was between you and John.

what I MEANT to say was the last I heard, the owner of the track was over at JOHN'S house trying to get something going a few months ago. Sorry for the typo.

Seriously Bob, I wasn't starting anything man. I am saying that, I, myself, don't know what happened, but you and John do.

Also, the Road Atlanta thing is never going to happen. I know of a few meetings that they have had with a few people form here, and have been shut down. The track has lost not only Skip Barber School, but also the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School. Needless to say, they don't have a lot of money to just dish out. Also, let's just say, the Higher-up's at track operations don't necessarily talk too highly of people wanting to race toy cars around their property.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Just for the record I'll say this......................

John and I tried to get a race organized for the oval and on-road, John on the oval side, a couple of us on-road guys on the other. We couldn't get enough interest going for the on-road so we backed out. I was still going to help the oval guys with their race. Spent my time and money getting things ready, even built a timing bridge. Friday night I had everything ready and loaded on the truck for going early Saturday morning. Decided to check the forum for the race before going to bed...........race canceled! No one bothered to call me.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

You know when it comes to Racetrack officials or city or county officials. People just dont know anything about RC. I can describe it until Im blue in the face, but it doesnt do me near as much good as taking out my ipod and showing a good video. To show someone what a good club race looks like and how it could attract new blood.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Another issue is that people fall in and out of love with RC racing. They get in deep and then they get burned out. Thats why people get all psyched up to race and then Bob ends up with a timing bridge in his truck and nobody wanting to race.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default for the rcord

i talked with john norman last nite he is all for racing at lanier i explanied how bad the bowl was and all the crap already concerning racing however he said he is willing to help in any way i have talked to several other people and they said he is tha man at superspeedway racing and a great guy to get help for new guys we should really explore this option because there is no other place to race on this part of town so lets see what we can do
Old 11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default racing

ok i have talked to john norman and the vice president of the club at lanier raceway they say it is probaly gonna happen and should be ready to race in dec who is interested if the road course guys are welcome torace as well they are willing to help with a track design like dixie racers had at marta park and ride let me or john norman know asap
Old 11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pro oval
ok i have talked to john norman and the vice president of the club at lanier raceway they say it is probaly gonna happen and should be ready to race in dec who is interested if the road course guys are welcome torace as well they are willing to help with a track design like dixie racers had at marta park and ride let me or john norman know asap
This sounds great,count me in.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Before you get to excited........when we meet with the owners last year it was going to cost around $500 to use for the weekend.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ok enuff

first off bob lets NOT be negative -- the 500 dollar deal was this 300 from oval and 200 from road course or as i spoke with john he had agreed to pay the full 500 himself so WE all could race why be negative we ALL have a chance to have a nice place to race again why be negative i spoke with the track owner and we are meeting on sunday for lunch to hammer this deal down if you want to be positive and all the racers can and will make it work thats great -- if you wanna be negative and sit at home with no where to race thats fine too come on guys show support
Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Wasn't trying to sound negative, just realistic. If you can make a go of it.....great!

BTW Pro Oval....who are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.