Search

REGION 3, LOOKING FORWARD

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ROAR REGION 3 EVENTS, NEWS AND UPDATES

Hey guys,

I asked Jon to start this thread, to help give what I feel is the largest segment of racers in ROAR's Region 3 a voice in what happens. Region 3 is made up of Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama.

2010 is quickly approaching and planning is under way, this year Region 3 has hosted 2 events and and added 4 new tracks. In 2010 we are looking forward to at least 5 events, 1/10 outdoor, On-Road and Carpet Touring, Off-road, and indoor Electric off-road. Our first event already scheduled will be the Electric Indoor Off-Road race January 8th-9th, 2010.

Looking forward alot has been learned by myself in race management, promotion and communicaton in this past year above and beyond what I thought I knew. I believe that the future will be as productive as I think it can be, and I look forward to rebuilding the reputation and creditability to ROAR in Region 3.

Thank you and I look forward to your constructive input.

Tim Habiuk

Last edited by thabiuk; 10-27-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AMEN!!! Our region has been in a slump for years. The outlaw racing and tracks are fine but it's time we got some structure to our region again. It's time for tracks and states to work together to attract bigger and better events. Look at what we have done with our (turtletrax) track this year. There wasn't anywhere in the state to race a 1/10scale electric until us and look what we have done so far. Next year will be bigger and better with more events. We all need to support ROAR and help rebuild the R/C scene not only in GA but in the surrounding States as well. I too am looking forward to 2010 this has been an interesting year back after a long break where I thought I wouldn't return. I have had more fun bashing around in offroad this year then I had in many previous years of serious racing. We have a great group of racers in the area and I would love to see that double next year.

Gene Samuels
Turtle Trax Raceway
Old 10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am all for helping this hobby grow but let's not forget about On-Road racing. It may be gasping for air right now....But I believe with the right support it will make come back!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This Sound's good, Someone else with enthusiasm I have been in GA for 12yrs and unless a track goes out of there way to host any ROAR races ,ROAR has been useless in our region along with many other regions.

I wish you good luck and will do my part as a racer now that I am back into the racing/traveling scene.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thabiuk
...In 2010 we are looking forward to at least 5 events, 1/10 outdoor, On-Road and Carpet Touring, Off-road, and indoor Electric off-road....
No 12th scale.... 8(
Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

1/12 would be included in the Carpet ON ROAD Championships. Just finding a venue will be the issue.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default 2010 Alabama Manf. Shootout.......coming soon!

deleted

Last edited by Chill_Will; 10-28-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

deleted

Last edited by Chill_Will; 10-28-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Deleted

My bad, I didnt see ROAR, I just saw Region 3

Last edited by Chill_Will; 10-28-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hey will, can we keep it on topic. It has been years since Region 3 has had an active focus and crapping on the only thread for it, is a little out of line and tasteless considering it is not a sanctioned event and Plus the fact this race has already been posted on every other thread on R/C Tech.

Thank-you, and yes I will be at the race.

Last edited by thabiuk; 10-27-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Tag
1/12 would be included in the Carpet ON ROAD Championships. Just finding a venue will be the issue.
Nexus is already a ROAR sanctioned track, just need to get the paperwork to me.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
AMEN!!! Our region has been in a slump for years. The outlaw racing and tracks are fine but it's time we got some structure to our region again. It's time for tracks and states to work together to attract bigger and better events. Look at what we have done with our (turtletrax) track this year. There wasn't anywhere in the state to race a 1/10scale electric until us and look what we have done so far. Next year will be bigger and better with more events. We all need to support ROAR and help rebuild the R/C scene not only in GA but in the surrounding States as well. I too am looking forward to 2010 this has been an interesting year back after a long break where I thought I wouldn't return. I have had more fun bashing around in offroad this year then I had in many previous years of serious racing. We have a great group of racers in the area and I would love to see that double next year.

Gene Samuels
Turtle Trax Raceway
Gene we will alk more this weekend, but start thinking about putting and application in for the outdoor electric 1/10 race.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hairy
I am all for helping this hobby grow but let's not forget about On-Road racing. It may be gasping for air right now....But I believe with the right support it will make come back!
John is taking over the Carolina Touring Car Series, we had a cancer basically besiege the series last year and intentionaly set out to squish it, and for the most part it worked. Plus other issues but the main being the cancer.

I think John will be good for the series, I stepped back because of a lack of time, then I got shit canned so I have more time on my hands now, but anyways. John has been an integral part of the series and my advisor from the beginning and I think giving him them helm is the best thing, not only fo the series and the region as a whole. He has alot of good ideas and solid knowledge to pull from and I cannot wait to see it in 2010.

As for On Road in 2010, it is going to take communication between racers to put on a good show. I am hoping Easley can host the Regionals, as it is a central location. i will be contacting Donnie about it, this week.

Off-Road 1/8 I am also looking at Easley for it's location, if they can rebuild the 1/8 track. There track used to be one of the best in the southeast. If not we will look elsewhere to solicit the Region 3 race.

Carpet touring, Nexus, about the only place we could, up to them to fill out the paperwork and get it to me.