Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a F1 car

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Looking for a F1 car

What is some of the best F1 cars out there? What about speed controls and servos? Can you use brushles motors and lipos? What about used cars? Looking to try some carpet F1 racing, any help will help.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ADAN
What is some of the best F1 cars out there? What about speed controls and servos? Can you use brushles motors and lipos? What about used cars? Looking to try some carpet F1 racing, any help will help.
That's easy! Lots to chose from starting with Tamiya F103's out there that can be found new and used and the new F104. Corallys new F1 is expensive but the older model can be had for a bargain. HPI has a new F1 also. The new MLP F109 will be delayed but when it gets here it will be a killer. The Hyperdrive is great but finding one can drive you crazy. Plenty of the old HPI's and CRC's out there and they are still fast. A Duratrax with all the options (which are still available) is a good choice and has a low price. There are other cars to be had which are loaded with extras that can be found at www.d-drivesportsenglish.com for starters.

For the Georgia series only 540 silver can motors are allowed but any battery is ok except for one brand which escapes me right now. Somebody will let you know here. For the 540 motors you won't need top of the line electrics, anything will work and you can save some $. Go get'em!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Tommy (Prime Time) had an F1 car he was looking to get rid of. Pretty sure it was RTR minus Battery and radio, I think he wanted $80 for it. Dont know if he still has it or not though
Old 09-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey...basically you have several F1's to choose from. You have the tamiya f103 and 104, HPI F10, duratrax, ttech, zen, Soon the MPF109 from MLP.

As far as esc's and motors...if you plan running the F1 series that I am holding we are trying to keep it low cost so we are only using the 540 silver cans from tamiya with any lipo you want to use aslong as its ROAR legal. So you can even get a cheaper ESC since its brushed.

Any other questions feel free to contact me and i will be glad to help
Old 09-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Tommy (Prime Time) had an F1 car he was looking to get rid of. Pretty sure it was RTR minus Battery and radio, I think he wanted $80 for it. Dont know if he still has it or not though
That would be a good deal. I had that 103 since the early '90's and it has never needed a part of any kind replaced. Just tires and motors.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mxrich
That would be a good deal. I had that 103 since the early '90's and it has never needed a part of any kind replaced. Just tires and motors.
Hmmm could that have something to do with the numbers of times you've been racing lately? lol Unless you knock it off the shelf its pretty good on parts.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
Hmmm could that have something to do with the numbers of times you've been racing lately? lol Unless you knock it off the shelf its pretty good on parts.
Ha! You can't fool me with that Randy Nukem trick. I know GT40 put you up to this. This car was bought in the early '90's and was raced many many laps at a lot of tracks. I should have kept it but Tommy wanted it really bad so he could race with us. I hope someone local gets it.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Ha! You can't fool me with that Randy Nukem trick. I know GT40 put you up to this. This car was bought in the early '90's and was raced many many laps at a lot of tracks. I should have kept it but Tommy wanted it really bad so he could race with us. I hope someone local gets it.
Does he still have the car? How do I get intouch with him? What does it come with and what hop ups are on it?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Does he still have the car? How do I get intouch with him? What does it come with and what hop ups are on it?
That would be Tommy in Calhoun, Ga. 1-706-625-9037 I think he gets home around 5 'ish. It has new tires on it and I think a 540 motor. See if you can get the price down a little.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

That would be Tommy in Calhoun, Ga. 1-706-625-9037 I think he gets home around 5 'ish. It has new tires on it and I think a 540 motor. See if you can get the price down a little.
Thanx, he has sold the car. Still looking.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default F104

I went the F104 PRO . What speedcontrol and batt work best ? How many batts do you need on a race day?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

That's easy! Because they are using the silver can 540 (which comes with the car) you won't need any high dollar electrics or killer batterys. I bought two venom 3000 mah from tower at $19 each. You can use them as is or open them up to make 3 4-cell packs. If you get a LiPo then one of those is plenty. A standard servo and decent esc is all that's left to be ready. I like cheap racing!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Mike, buy a 12th scale and come out to Nexus and you will have a bunch of people to race with. We raced today and there about 30 12th scales, several T/C's and 5 or 6 vintage class but no F1's. 12th is cheaper also and they drive like you wouldn't believe.

John
Old 09-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fox probably hit that one right on the head, even last year the F1 class never had more than 6 people. More like 4 at most races. I'm about to sell my F201 and probably the Duratrax too. Rather put more money into VTA and 1/12th.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FOX222
Mike, buy a 12th scale and come out to Nexus and you will have a bunch of people to race with. We raced today and there about 30 12th scales, several T/C's and 5 or 6 vintage class but no F1's. 12th is cheaper also and they drive like you wouldn't believe.

John
As far as I know tonight wasn't a scheduled F1 race. Maybe that is why there were none there? I just bought a new car for F1 too. I would hate to see this class killed off before it gets started. The 12th scales are just too fast for my skill level. The F1's are super cheap (maybe not the F104 Pro) and with the silver can motors hopefully will be slow enough for me to drive. Let's give this class a chance at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.