Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax Benefit Race August 29th

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Turtle Trax Benefit Race August 29th

The First Annual Ryan Delisle Memorial and Free Clinic of Rome Charity Race

Where: Turtle Trax Raceway, www.turtletraxraceway.com, Rome, GA (MAP IT)
When: August 29th, 2009 or August 30th only if raining the 29th.

Gates open at 8am
Signups start at noon
Racing at 2pm

We have classes for Slash, 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, a novice/miscellaneous class, and hopefully enough 1/10 scale electric trucks to make a class. All racing is for a $20 entry fee, $10 for as many additional classes as you wanna run. Proceeds go to the Free Clinic of Rome in the name of Ryan Delisle, brother to racer Adam Delisle. Ryan passed away suddenly in January of 2009.

Prizes will be given out and every entry gets a ticket to win door prizes. Prizes include gift certificates, rc products, and tee shirts. There will be a full concession stand with plenty of food and drinks available.

Racers need a table, chair, EZ up or other shade item, and a drop cord/extension cord to hook into the power. The track uses AMB lapcounting, so a transponder is needed to be counted (AMB or MRT).

Sponsors of the event include (so far):
• Schumacher USA
• Traxxas
• Hobbico
• JConcepts Tires
• Hitec

Please if you cannot attend the event, consider donating even $1 to the event. The Free Clinic of Rome is run completely on donations and volunteerism. For just $22 they can give a diabetic a month’s supply of test strips, $10 gets them cold medicines for eight patients, and for $50 they are able to treat 18 patients with antibiotics. You can see how so little can go so far with them. Every single dollar is stretched to the fullest to help those in need from the local area.

For more info on the track go to www.turtletraxraceway.com
For more info on the event email tinasam69 @ hotmail.com

Last edited by tinasam; 07-21-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added a sponsor, hitec sent couple of shirts and hats
Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very cool. Ill be there
Old 07-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

You can count me in. 2wd buggy
Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

A few of you met Ryan at Nexus. Unfortunately he was only there once after I gave him a TC3 for Christmas, he passed shortly afterwords on January 4th 2009, He was happy, festive, and was always smileing and laughing at somthing. He Loved the track to death but was frustraited about his inability to drive and his need for more practice with nobody else on the track so he could figure things out without being in the way.

He passed in the mid morning of an undiagnosed series of heart attacks that he was brought to floyd hospitol ER for 3 times in a two day period. The EMT's as well as myself cried heart attack but were ignored by the doctors, they knew better of course. There is a pending lawsuit, but in the meantime his life insurance policy is a big chunk of what paid to open the track (it bought the AMB system) I knew that he would have loved running the slash and to have a place to play worry free when he wanted to since it was so close.

The Free clinic helps me, and tried to help ryan as best they could but since he had med insurance they couldnt do much more than get a doctor to see him when no doctors would. His first appointment was a month after the day he passed.

The clinic can work wonders with a very small amount of money, they supply me insulin free of charge through a program Tina found for them and help many other people recive other drugs from the manufactures as well. Its a good cause and one that Ryan would appreciate. The race will be very hard for me as is posting this message, its still a very large scar very close to the surface. I appreciate everyone who comes and participates and makes the day a birthday that ryan would love to be at as Im sure he will be there smileing. It would be his 25th.
Attached Thumbnails Turtle Trax Benefit Race August 29th-1.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default What can we do to help?

What can we do to help besides show up and race? I am asking friends and co-workers that have been interested in seeing RC racing to come to this race. Will there be a raffle for racers and spectators? Are there any fliers we can help distribute?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
What can we do to help besides show up and race? I am asking friends and co-workers that have been interested in seeing RC racing to come to this race. Will there be a raffle for racers and spectators? Are there any fliers we can help distribute?
The only write up was what I posted. If you want to take that and print something up to distribute, thats wonderful.

anyone who would like to be a spectator would be welcome. The raffle is really RC oriented. I'm just gathering donations from people at the moment and going to put that with the entry fees from everyone. The free clinic got a "major sponsorship" check for $1,700 from a big diabetes foundation. If our little track can gather up $500 it would really make that clinic so incredibly happy.

I just wanted to get the word out for a nice turnout and to inform why the entry fee is what it is for that weekend. It really is solely for a good cause, the track is keeping -zero- of the money from that weekend.

Tina
Old 07-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't know what my schedule will look like that weekend but if there is any possible way, I will be there. I have a 2nd Slash truck that I will try my best to get a driver for too. This needs to be a big event!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Ok, I will see what I can do with a flier. Can someone send me the main TT logo?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes we will have door prizes and raffles as well. We have stuff from traxxas especially catered to you Slash guys. Also have stuff from JConcepts. We are expecting products from many other manufactuers as well. Spread the word to everyone you know. Even if you don't plan to race with us locally you should attend this event. Every penny raised will go to a very worthy cause to help people less fortunate than us. We should consider ourselves very blessed that in these economic times that we still are able to play with our "toys".
Old 07-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default logo

one is a jpg and one is a png file. But there they are.
Attached Thumbnails Turtle Trax Benefit Race August 29th-turtletrax3.png   Turtle Trax Benefit Race August 29th-turtletrax3.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I hope to be there.If not could I paypal a donation?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcbo
I hope to be there.If not could I paypal a donation?
sounds good bo

any paypal donations can be done at
[email protected] with "Benefit Race" in the comments so it is directed properly.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
Ok, I will see what I can do with a flier. Can someone send me the main TT logo?
Gene, Tina...PM sent with draft.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Me and Taylor will be there. Great people, great track, great cause, wouldn't miss it.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default benefit flyer

attached is the benefit flyer if anyone wants to take it to their nearest hobby shop. Or if you'd just like to see it Thanks to Aggie for creating it.
Attached Thumbnails Turtle Trax Benefit Race August 29th-rdmemrace.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.