Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax, Sat. Race 7/11

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

that would be most epic if you did! Name your price and I'll get it to you this weekend.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I haven't even got to run the buggy yet and I already have a leaky shock... I pulled it apart and notice that one of the seals was torn up. When you push the shock in oil shoots out the bottom. So I need to get a rebuild kit.

Also when I was mounting the tires in seamed like there was way to much foam. It is getting scrunched up inside of the tire and making it uneven. Should I cut it down some?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 31794ty
I haven't even got to run the buggy yet and I already have a leaky shock... I pulled it apart and notice that one of the seals was torn up. When you push the shock in oil shoots out the bottom. So I need to get a rebuild kit.
When inserting the shaft make sure it is well lubed or it can cause tearing

Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
When inserting the shaft make sure it is well lubed or it can cause tearing
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
The only thing better than the icecream truck coming through would be the slusheee man coming the next hour. I heard he just went to Panama City Fl to pick up some new flavors and more ice, he should be ready to make it to Turtle trax soon........
Yeah, I'm back and just catching up on this thread. Hey, my wife and I did ride up on my bike last weekend and found the place. Got lost on the way out, but that's just me - I'm planning on coming up and spanking you Saturday.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Also when I was mounting the tires in seamed like there was way to much foam. It is getting scrunched up inside of the tire and making it uneven. Should I cut it down some?
Most of us use what it called green slime on the shock shaft when putting it thru the cartridge. You can put some shock oil on the shaft when you put it it that will help also. It's just an O ring you probably hav one in some of your stuff.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Track opens 8AM. Sign ups til 1. Racing at 2.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
You do. I saw them last time I was digging around.
That explains what happened to my last can of driving skill
Old 07-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

pst.......hey mac.........can i get a shot before the main?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I used a little berring oil when I inserted my shafts into the shocks, this kept the rubber seals from catching and tearing. You also need to put a little berring lube on all the seals before you insert them into the shafts to keep them from tearing. This is just somthing I picked up from working on cars and knew before I ever touched RC. some things convert over and others do not. but Rubber seals will always go bad when you grind unlubed metal agenst them.

As for the tires, yes you need to cut the foams to fit inside the tires.. Some people dont and get away with it. but it takes a lot more patience than I have. most people will cut them down to fit (a 45 degree angle in the edges of the tire that touch the tire, leave the edges that touch the wheel square) Then press the foam into the tire untill you get it worked into the tire so that its flush with the bead of the tire and insert on wheel

If you'd like some help with it show up to the track early and Im sure someone will be able to help you mount the tire. if you get your shock rebuild kit there in time same for that, bring it to the track and I or someone else will help you put it togeather and show you an easier way of doing it

We all had to start somewhere and get helpful tips along the way.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the help guys. The seal tore on the inside which is kind of wierd. I put shock oil on the seals but any ways I'll go up to hobbytown and get a rebuild kit. Also how do I get the seals and all of that back out of the shock body?

I can't make it to the track this weekend. We are leaving for hitlon head on saturday. I have most of this stuff figured out and know how it works. The shocks are the only things given me problems. Im going to order my electronics mid way through the week that way they will be here when I get home.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't make it to the track this weekend. We are leaving for hitlon head on saturday.
I assume you are taking your 'Pede! I have a set of sand paddles if you want to borrow them. The sight of a 20 foot sand rooster is awesome!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the help guys. The seal tore on the inside which is kind of wierd. I put shock oil on the seals but any ways I'll go up to hobbytown and get a rebuild kit. Also how do I get the seals and all of that back out of the shock body?

I can't make it to the track this weekend. We are leaving for hitlon head on saturday. I have most of this stuff figured out and know how it works. The shocks are the only things given me problems. Im going to order my electronics mid way through the week that way they will be here when I get home.
Associated Green Slime #1105 really helps with the AE shocks. Pick some up before you build your shocks again. The Slime does two things: First it lubricates the o-rings and shock shaft for a smooth feel that prevents the tearing of the o-ring. Secondly, the slime acts as a barrier to keep the silicone shock oil from swelling the o-rings pre-maturely. As the o-ring swells it constricts the shaft movement and affects dampening. The o-rings will last much longer if you coat them in slime before installing them into the shock body.

So be sure to slime your o-rings!!

To remove the o-rings and spacers you installed. Use the same black plastic tool you assembled the o-ring and spacers on to push the damaged o-rings out from the other side. Slide the tool into the shock body (from underneath) at an angle and push. The square clip holding everything in should pop right out.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All that trouble reminds me why I don't want an Associated car anymore.

Kyosho and Losi shocks are just so much easier to deal with.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
All that trouble reminds me why I don't want an Associated car anymore.

Kyosho and Losi shocks are just so much easier to deal with.
You're just WAY TOO LAZY!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.