Wiki Posts
Search

Offroad classes at VRP Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
VRP
Tech Regular

Default Offroad classes at VRP Hobbies

We will run any class, electric or Gas that has Three or more entries. Our spec weekly class will be Slash- check www.vrpracing.org for rules. We are going to try and open the weekend after the Nitro Blast. Bob M. please call me
(770)599-3007 or cell (404)391-4156
Old 01-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It seems that your Slash rules are alot different than what we run at Loganville. I don't think it's going to be worth it for me to make the nessary changes to be able to run on your track.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rules look pretty standard. I am not sure what "L'ville" does .

Consider a very common spec hop-up that I did not see was the use of the aluminum shock caps to replace the plastic ones that tend to pop off.

And this one..."Billet, composite or titanium parts are allowed." is a little vague. Someone could argue that this was legal:

Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

The main rule that I can't deal with is no Lipo battery. I don't own anything else and don't plan on getting anything else.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Old 01-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 AM
VRP
Tech Regular

Those Rules were wrote back when we were on the old track. I just updated it, but If you think that it is fair for lipo and brushless setups to run with somewhat out of the box slashes ,I'll let you explain it to the 20 people we have that run them as delivered from Traxxas.. you be the tech guy..!

On the "aluminum composite or titanium parts allowed" is concerned, if you can prove to me that any of this mentioned parts will help you turn a faster lap time ( and not go against any of the other perameters of the rules) than a well setup stocker, we will take a look at it as well. Aluminum shock caps fall into this blanket statement and just as stated it is only helping the reliability of the model.
Thanks for the input
Vince

Last edited by VRP; 01-30-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRP
On the "aluminum composite or titanium parts allowed" is concerned, if you can prove to me that any of this mentioned parts will help you turn a faster lap time ( and not go against any of the other perameters of the rules) than a well setup stocker, we will take a look at it as well.
Good point, never really thought about it that way. It will not necessarily be a performance advantage!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Rookie

VRP are you going to have the Traxxas Slash for sale at your hobby store in Brooks.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRP
Those Rules were wrote back when we were on the old track. I just updated it, but If you think that it is fair for lipo and brushless setups to run with somewhat out of the box slashes ,I'll let you explain it to the 20 people we have that run them as delivered from Traxxas.. you be the tech guy..!
LIPO should be fine, brushless get their own modified/open class.

Originally Posted by VRP
On the "aluminum composite or titanium parts allowed" is concerned, if you can prove to me that any of this mentioned parts will help you turn a faster lap time ( and not go against any of the other perameters of the rules) than a well setup stocker, we will take a look at it as well. Aluminum shock caps fall into this blanket statement and just as stated it is only helping the reliability of the model.
Thanks for the input
Vince
While I don't see a problem with most "structural" improvements.. the fight on the other threads for the N Georgia tracks was that improving the structural integrity of your truck makes yours more likely to break others in a crash instead of your own. Certain parts may also help with body twist thereby possibly allowing better steering.

Like I said, I don't really buy it, just tossing what else is out there within our local group.

Also.. sooo looking forward to getting an Associated SC10 to race with the Slashes
Old 01-30-2009, 08:10 AM
VRP
Tech Regular

Yea, its a sensitive subject, and we started out with ZERO mods allowed. After a first turn incident took out three hub carriers in one crash we figured beefing the parts up that break easy was just a normal Avenue for these trucks..Shock caps, rear hub carriers and steering knuckles are what most of us are beefing..

We just as Loganville will deal with it as needed..Its cheep and fun..!

As of this second I do not have a Slash in stock but I got every part for them youll ever need on the wall now including dozens of those pesky shock diaphrams you lose when the caps do blow off ...All my distributors are Out OF Stock on the trucks...
Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How's the off-road track progressing outside sir? Any good news for us?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i saw that you mention something about indoor offroad.... when and how will that be done? i would love to race indoor offroad fr electric
Old 01-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
i saw that you mention something about indoor offroad.... when and how will that be done? i would love to race indoor offroad fr electric
I would be down for that. Indoor off-road(that's closer than Nashville) and a regular electric turn out at the other offroad tracks and I will be getting a new 4WD buggy.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

i will drive from rome to race tooooooo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.