Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Georgia Race Facility..

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
VRP
Tech Regular

Again just to keep everybody updated. We are trying a couple differant configurations on our new carpet track. Our premire class will be BRP 1/18th scale electric. It will handle 1/12 models but is tight for 1/10th... I am going to try to have a quik change road course to oval configuration as needed..

I am getting alot of calls asking what we are going to run on the outdoor track. It seems to be overwelming that the 1/10 scale guys wanna play.. We are going to build this track to handle the new 1/12 scale gas stuff, all the 1/10 scale electric and gas, plus the 1/8 scale hard cores.. The major complaint I am hearing from the older guys in the racing arena is if your out past 100 ft from the driver stand in all scales you lose perception..I know this for a fact myself so we are going to keep it at 15 ft wide lanes , 100 ft max from the stand and the longest straight away is 120 ft long..Here is a picture from yesterday .

Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Keep the pictures coming.

looking good so far
Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is on road going to be carpet only? I thought I saw something about an asphalt track? Otherwise its off-road only
Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks good so far, can't wait to see/race the finished product!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
VRP
Tech Regular

whoa..another 13 hr day....

Xeonrage
To be honest with you I have not put any time into the asphalt track yet we are in overdrive on the outdoor offroad and indoor carpet tracks right now (its about to get freakin cold, and we wanna play now...!)) only because it will be easy to set up when we get to it... Yes we plan to have one but no, it will be to tight for 1/8 scale cars. The longest strait away will be 95 ft on it.. Maybe great for playing but tight for racing.. Our indoor carpet track will be trick though and the response to it is overwelming.. The offroad track will be the cleanest you've everseen. We will have a loader onsite 24-7 to make changes as needed...With your support we plan on staying in buisness as long as the Baileys did at the Sugerbowl..
We finally have a place to play on the south side of Atlanta...!
Feel free to call me anytime (404)391-4156
The shop phones were turned on today (770)599-3007
Vince
Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Sounds good
The Git-R-Done crowd is getting all excited
Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

As long as an asphalt on-road is a twinkle in your eye I'll look forward to it! Still plenty of time until then to enjoy what you've got!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VRP
Again just to keep everybody updated. We are trying a couple differant configurations on our new carpet track. Our premire class will be BRP 1/18th scale electric. It will handle 1/12 models but is tight for 1/10th... I am going to try to have a quik change road course to oval configuration as needed..

I am getting alot of calls asking what we are going to run on the outdoor track. It seems to be overwelming that the 1/10 scale guys wanna play.. We are going to build this track to handle the new 1/12 scale gas stuff, all the 1/10 scale electric and gas, plus the 1/8 scale hard cores.. The major complaint I am hearing from the older guys in the racing arena is if your out past 100 ft from the driver stand in all scales you lose perception..I know this for a fact myself so we are going to keep it at 15 ft wide lanes , 100 ft max from the stand and the longest straight away is 120 ft long..Here is a picture from yesterday .

Just a suggestion, you made want to get your track listed on the GA RC racers forum site at the link below:

http://www.garcracers.com

This is the primary site where the majority of the 1/8 outdoor racers get their information on track news. I notice that the GA racing RC tech forum is represented mostly by the indoor guys. The Git-Er-Done crowd has been hurting with the lost of a southside track and would definely do our part to make the track successful
Old 01-14-2009, 03:49 AM
VRP
Tech Regular

Thanks will do..Any help would be appreciated. I have not raced 1/8 scale since 2002 so I am brushing myself up on the latest. When I get a chance to catch my breath I will get in on that forum..
Thanks
Vince
Old 01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vince, I got the call tonight from Keith who told me to dust my stuff off and start studying again. Glad to hear what you are doing and I'm definitely coming out of RC retirement to support you. I've been out of the game for along time but I'm ready to get right back in. I actually live right up the road from your old house in Newnan so I'm stoked about what your doing on the southside. Let me know if you need help with anything other than spreading the word.

See ya soon....
Trevor
Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Will you race indoor 1/18th scale offroad as well. Just need some make sift jumps on the onroad setup and its off road time
Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRP
Thanks will do..Any help would be appreciated. I have not raced 1/8 scale since 2002 so I am brushing myself up on the latest. When I get a chance to catch my breath I will get in on that forum..
Thanks
Vince
Hi I am an admin there, register up and we will set you up your own subforums in indoor and outdoor
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You could run the slower 1/10 stuff on that. Mini Coopers and VTA. Yeah its tight but if you stay away from the blistering fast stuff.

Mod TC + that track = Take your car home in a bag.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Vince, This is Ricky Johnston it's good to see you back.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Whats up Ricky
I have not seen you in a while

Man this new track will be about 5 miles from my house I am excited

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.