Hey Bodum

Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
aww come on, you know! Leprechaun racers!
They're always after me slot cars!!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FordGT40
Pardon my ignorance FatKat...but what the heck are ya'll talking about?
4" racers?
Yep, Slot Cars, They are a BLAST and Fast as Hell. A lot less expensive than R/C if you chose.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by misfitz28
group 10's are basicly built super 16d's depending on which ruleset you go by. cheap and fast. just the way i like 'em
How much faster than a KELLY SPEED FX S16D do you need to go?

I got family stuff to do on saterday but maybe sunday i'll take a ride out to Dallas and check out the engleman
Old 12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

aww man i can never satisfy the taste for wicked s16d's. put in a big fat 560 viper arm in rotor setup and watch em fly. stupid fast for about $60 in the whole setup. ill build d cans all day long, just dont really have a taste for c can motors.....
Old 12-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by misfitz28
aww man i can never satisfy the taste for wicked s16d's. put in a big fat 560 viper arm in rotor setup and watch em fly. stupid fast for about $60 in the whole setup. ill build d cans all day long, just dont really have a taste for c can motors.....
I've built a couple of D cans with 38 deg Pro Slot Arms. Just plain STUPID FAST
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow thought i was the only slot car racer at nexus
Old 12-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I love slots.. but not the silly american plastic wing and glued to the track on some giant oval or figure 8 variant.

As a Brit.. I highly prefer the more realistic look of the 1:32 "home racing" cars.. Scalextric, Ninco, SCX, Fly, etc. Wooden routed (no substance!) or plastic track. Scenery is a bonus! I had a giant 4lane road course a few years back.

My 5yo son is now into the 1:43 SCX sets you can find at Target. It's a step down from the real 1:32 but a good stepping point for him. Of course he also loves his Slash now.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't like Wing Cars so much, but I do like 4" and 4.5" NASCAR (Lexan), GTP, Go Carts, Dirt Outlaw.
The track Tommy had at Prime Time was great and a blast to drive. The Hill Climb at CMS Hobby is fun to drive. I need way more time on the track to be as good as the regulars.
I've been to the track in Acworth but never when they run Flexi Cars and I have been by the place in Dallas but they were not open.
I'm not into the Hard Body stuff with the Pro Track Style Chassis. The FCR Lexan box stock is fun to run on the figure eight in Cartersville.
All I own now is 4" Flexi's and one 4.5" flex chassis but I have been known to races some body elses car of any chassis just because
Old 12-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FATKAT
I don't like Wing Cars so much, but I do like 4" and 4.5" NASCAR (Lexan), GTP, Go Carts, Dirt Outlaw.
The track Tommy had at Prime Time was great and a blast to drive. The Hill Climb at CMS Hobby is fun to drive. I need way more time on the track to be as good as the regulars.
I've been to the track in Acworth but never when they run Flexi Cars and I have been by the place in Dallas but they were not open.
I'm not into the Hard Body stuff with the Pro Track Style Chassis. The FCR Lexan box stock is fun to run on the figure eight in Cartersville.
All I own now is 4" Flexi's and one 4.5" flex chassis but I have been known to races some body elses car of any chassis just because
Between dad an Shaun they probably have about 15+ 4.5" FCR's and three 4" FCR's (lexan truck bodies.. SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE) Right now they are both in Dallas racing 4.5 Hard body Nascars. They are a lot of fun to drive, but I still prefer the 4" trucks. With any luck, we may get that class going next season. You should come on out some time, we'll hook you up with a car Tonight is the last race of the points series so I dont know what the schedule is going to look like. I'm sure it will still be 4.5 FCR's on Friday though.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Weeknight racing in out of the question for me I have to drive to far just to get home. Something on saterday or sunday may be possible.
Has the track in Dallas got a web site?
Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

keith is in the process. i also have gotten into the 1:32 cars and i run them quite reguarly up at discover mills mall. a ton of fun tio drive and they really train you to be smooth and milk the car for all it is worth.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey, I have run that Engleman before! Just one time when it was at a place on the other side of Stone Mtn.
Now it's closer I can try to run it again.