Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
So, R/C cars aren't dead in Atlanta? >

So, R/C cars aren't dead in Atlanta?

So, R/C cars aren't dead in Atlanta?

Old 11-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Default So, R/C cars aren't dead in Atlanta?

I thought that everything died back when TFB closed way back when. I have all my stuff sitting in the closet collecting dust. I didn't get to be very good at driving but I sure did have fun doing it. I'm going to try to check out Nexus and see what's going on with the cars today. I'm guessing my stuff wouldn't be very competitive now. I have a Tamiya TRF415 and a RC12L4. I think the brushless motors were just coming in when I stopped running the cars.
Whatcha think? Give it another try? I know I don't have the money to buy a bunch of new stuff after looking at the prices.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

The 415 and l4 are still very much competetive. I am pretty sure a handfull of guys run the l4 at nexus. I would suggest reguardless of the class you run that brushless is a great and if you are going to run the 415 lipo is the way to go.

If you are going to go check things out I suggest coming wednsday night as that is practice night
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

now...if there were just an offroad track inside or around the perimeter...
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The brushed systems are still very competitive, there are a handfull of guys that still run brushed on nimh batterys (Im one of them though Im currently running vintage class as well. Im going to be switching to brushless lipo when I can afford it for the convinience but for no other reason) There is a practice wendsday as well this saturday is a practice. come down and check it out, its a very nice setup for its size
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 AM

Thanks guys,
I'll have to go check them out. I will have to see if any of my battery packs are any good. I can't imagine that sitting with no charge for this long a period of time is doing them any good.
I couldn't find anything on the Nexus web site about when they are open, is it only for the practice and racing times? What are the times on Wednesday?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

http://track.nexusracing.com
Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 AM

Thanks Kumpol,
I missed that site. I remember you from TFB too. I'm going to try to come on Wednesday to watch for a little while.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

I just moved away from that hell hole known as Atlanta. If i had known there was a track I might not have thought of it in such a negative light. drat. So are you guys going to be doing any racing between the 21st and the 10th of jan? I'll be on the east coast visiting family and would love to run with you guys. If you are racing that is. What classes are the most popular for touring and do you run WGTs there?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The most popular class for touring is the 13.5 brushless/23 turn brushed rubber class. normaly there ends up being 2 mains and two mains in the 17.5 brushless/27 turn brushed 1/12th scale class.

There should be a race on the 27th as well as on the 10th

And steve Im sending you a PM
Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

R/C is alive and kicking in Georgia, and there is an off road track in Loganville near Atl, or here www.garcracers.com