Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Everybody say "GOODBYE" to quadruple jump at Battlefield >

Everybody say "GOODBYE" to quadruple jump at Battlefield

Everybody say "GOODBYE" to quadruple jump at Battlefield

Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It is fun hitting the quad and I even made it once, maybe twice, but I had faster times landing the third and singling the 4th.

Last edited by offr0aden; 10-07-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Just thinking.....

Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone remember the post about not losing any racers because of the quad? All the quad supporters, where were you Sunday or the last several? I personally thought is was useless to make the approach twice as long and the landing nearly impossible to hit forcing a brake check and triple-single. I love jumps, but as Josh noted, a better landing transition is needed for one that big. Since opinions were invited; that section after the quad needs a change also. For one, the quad keeps the turn marshall hopping and blocks the view to the approach to the small double and tabletop and it just seemed a bit busy there. Finally, watering early and thoroughly instead of a little here and there will make a more consistent, fast, fun and tire friendly track. I offer my labor in track changes and watering, now and every time I'm at the track.
Randy Bailey
Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think you should just build an oval so those who dont like jumps can still have a place to play. Looks like people would just be happy with a place to race. If you look around the places are closing every where so take what you have before you have nothing. Just because its there dont mean you have to jump it all. The track didn't break your stuff you did. All you have to do is lift. And I have broke as much as any one with my B44 but it was my choice to pin it back. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 34Randy
Anyone remember the post about not losing any racers because of the quad? All the quad supporters, where were you Sunday or the last several? I personally thought is was useless to make the approach twice as long and the landing nearly impossible to hit forcing a brake check and triple-single. I love jumps, but as Josh noted, a better landing transition is needed for one that big. Since opinions were invited; that section after the quad needs a change also. For one, the quad keeps the turn marshall hopping and blocks the view to the approach to the small double and tabletop and it just seemed a bit busy there. Finally, watering early and thoroughly instead of a little here and there will make a more consistent, fast, fun and tire friendly track. I offer my labor in track changes and watering, now and every time I'm at the track.
Randy Bailey
Due to the series and the S.I.C. i've not got the money or motor to race on "casual" weekends currently but i may have money one day, or not
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Dion's gets lots of support at least every time we have been, the crowd was great! Not to mention the great people and racers!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toycardriver
Monkey, you never made it when it was a triple let alone as a quad. Next opinion please.
have i touched a nerve?

and this is when RC becomes no fun no more.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
have i touched a nerve?

and this is when RC becomes no fun no more.
Dramatic? lol Come back to your E home man... Don't make me hurt you next race...

lol This is more and more like Dirt Track racing, (Whitesburg) changes halfway through the season to accommodate people griping! Why not wait till the Series is done, that way y'all can do what you want and I won't know until the next series begins.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I meant what I said. The local racers have not been coming in the numbers they once were. Intimidation, parts breakage, other commitments, the economy or just dusty oversized race conditions could be the reasons. Read the opening thread and you should see comments calling people out, Dion spoke his opinion, I did, others did and you did. Please post your own opinions and don't worry about adding yours to mine. You stated you couldn't come every week because it isn't feasible, which is totally understandable, and the fact you make it to some is appreciated. To me, it is not feasible to hammer my stuff into the ground on the triple single, and judging by the turnouts, I'm not alone. Several tracks have closed due to the hard times and Dion has the opportunity to pick up these racers and make it the biggest and best place to race. Dion's track is not a "club", its a business, and to quote the great Joe Dirt; "It's not what you like, It's the consumer". Being a business owner myself, I realize everyone may not be perfectly satisfied, but aiming for the majority is a sound business practice. Dion finally asking us racers for input is a welcome and exciting step toward a more successful track and I look forward to racing with you and hopefully many more.
Randy Bailey
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 34Randy
I meant what I said. The local racers have not been coming in the numbers they once were. Intimidation, parts breakage, other commitments, the economy or just dusty oversized race conditions could be the reasons. Read the opening thread and you should see comments calling people out, Dion spoke his opinion, I did, others did and you did. Please post your own opinions and don't worry about adding yours to mine. You stated you couldn't come every week because it isn't feasible, which is totally understandable, and the fact you make it to some is appreciated. To me, it is not feasible to hammer my stuff into the ground on the triple single, and judging by the turnouts, I'm not alone. Several tracks have closed due to the hard times and Dion has the opportunity to pick up these racers and make it the biggest and best place to race. Dion's track is not a "club", its a business, and to quote the great Joe Dirt; "It's not what you like, It's the consumer". Being a business owner myself, I realize everyone may not be perfectly satisfied, but aiming for the majority is a sound business practice. Dion finally asking us racers for input is a welcome and exciting step toward a more successful track and I look forward to racing with you and hopefully many more.
Randy Bailey
Is that your man-whore business? And how does one go about paying taxes on that ?
J.K.
I like the idea of waiting till the season is over also, we're just 2 months from Cold weather anyway.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I hope when the center section of the track is revised the turn out will be bigger. As for watering I will continue to do the best I can. Everyone has to keep in mind watering the track is done as a convience to the racers. When race the track is water every 5 min. At larger races such as nationals or the worlds which was held 2 weeks ago in north carolina and is outdoors has a 1 hour main. They do not stop the race to water the track. Water is most difficult during 4 hottest months of the year. I will continue to do the best I can. Also I want Randy to know that his help on watering the track is appreciated.

Last edited by bigde2001; 10-07-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default I know what it needs!

I think you need a loop De Loop on the back straight!!!!! Sorry Dion I have to kiss butt again. Whatever you build is cool, I honestly don't think the quad is any reason for people not to show up. my 2 cents
Dang there's no smooch icon?

Dirt
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dirt you are the man and great asset to rc racing I love it when you touch nerve on people. So tell'um like it is.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could make a double double by scooting the first two jumps back towards the big berm but still gonna go for it with my 8ight e nickname "airtime".
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris1381
I think you should just build an oval so those who dont like jumps can still have a place to play. Looks like people would just be happy with a place to race. If you look around the places are closing every where so take what you have before you have nothing. Just because its there dont mean you have to jump it all. The track didn't break your stuff you did. All you have to do is lift. And I have broke as much as any one with my B44 but it was my choice to pin it back. Just my 2 cents.
If you know anything at all you know thats right

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.