R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

When running a business you should always put the customers first or you will not be in business very long. Everyone is entitled to a bad day, but they are never entitled to talk to people they way this person did, especially people who are helping you to pay the bills. If people would think before they talk, we would all live in a better world. All he did was hurt himself in the long run.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #17
Tech Master

From my understanding the following was how the flyer was worded:

"Race will start at 5pm. Drivers meeting at 4:30pm Practice will run all day till 4:00pm. This will be a Practice Club trophy Race. Entry fee will be $15.00 per class. We will run the Slash Class, LDT Class, Nitro Buggy Truggy and MT Classes. This will be an Open Club Race so any and all racer's are welcome to come out and join us on the track"

It may have been discussed differently on a forum. Bobby was also prepared to award plaques for other places but when you only have 3 racers in 2 classes and 4 racers in two classes it's hard to justify it.

What you have is track owner that's willing and able to promote racing at his track. The race he had last spring is an example, look at all the car kits and stuff he had to give away.

Just try and look at it through his eyes, and think how you would deal with what it takes to put on this race then have to deal with the disappointment of the low turnout. Going off on the racers wasn't the best thing to do, but the fact he was man enough to realize his mistake and apologize says a lot!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #18
Tech Regular

If awards were promised then they should have been presented!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs View Post
From my understanding the following was how the flyer was worded:

"Race will start at 5pm. Drivers meeting at 4:30pm Practice will run all day till 4:00pm. This will be a Practice Club trophy Race. Entry fee will be $15.00 per class. We will run the Slash Class, LDT Class, Nitro Buggy Truggy and MT Classes. This will be an Open Club Race so any and all racer's are welcome to come out and join us on the track"

It may have been discussed differently on a forum. Bobby was also prepared to award plaques for other places but when you only have 3 racers in 2 classes and 4 racers in two classes it's hard to justify it.

What you have is track owner that's willing and able to promote racing at his track. The race he had last spring is an example, look at all the car kits and stuff he had to give away.

Just try and look at it through his eyes, and think how you would deal with what it takes to put on this race then have to deal with the disappointment of the low turnout. Going off on the racers wasn't the best thing to do, but the fact he was man enough to realize his mistake and apologize says a lot!
you are so right! I have awarded $125.00 worth of trouphys and took in $60.00 but made it all good!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Dirt McGirt
Lightbulb The real issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIME TIME View Post
A lot of people dont understand the amount of stress that goes with having a buissnes. and you never know when owner or customer may be having a real bad day. We should all put our selves in others shoes before flying off the handel !!!!!! Every one walks around with there fealings on there shoulders now days and its real easy to tic them off !! YOU CANT PACIFY EVERY ONE!!!!!
I don't agree in this case.
The owner of the track and his wife supposedly yelled at their customers. I don't know about anyone else but if I'm paying to race at a track and the owner or anyone related cusses me out or offends me; I'm leaving and never coming back.

It's kind of like your spelling and grammar, if you don't think before you talk it comes out all wrong.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Smile

So every body but the owner can make a mistake.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Dirt McGirt
Default No Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIME TIME View Post
So every body but the owner can make a mistake.
No sir,
The track owner can make mistakes, even loose his or her cool from time to time. They just have to own up to it! You can't offend a person then tell them you really didn't mean it so they're just being crybabies.

Sort of like the cheap shot I took at you in my last post. I know that didn't make you happy, so if I find out you're actually pissed off because of it; I know darn well why. I also know you have a right to be mad because I was in the wrong.

OR

I could say ahhh I don't know why he's mad at me? He must be wearing his feelings on his shoulder. (what a crybaby)

That's my point
Old 09-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
I don't agree in this case.
The owner of the track and his wife supposedly yelled at their customers. I don't know about anyone else but if I'm paying to race at a track and the owner or anyone related cusses me out or offends me; I'm leaving and never coming back.

It's kind of like your spelling and grammar, if you don't think before you talk it comes out all wrong.
agree with you Dirt but also if the owner wanna keep people to return to his or her vineyard (track) they should do a public apology and address everyone on a one on one apology as well....In my years in sales & management .... there going to be customer going to pissed you but instead of getting mad with the customer..... ask them what make them happy and try to meet thier needs even if you have to take a lose or meet them half way in the situation.... "repeat customers bring new customers & new customers become repeat customers"hope that quot help ......one more thing if you are stressed out in a bad mood as a professional then you don't need to be in front of nobody ...people can sense when you in a bad mood...well ok i said my peace
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #24
Tech Master

The flyer didn't say what what places the awards were to be giving, it just said it was a trophy race. Trophies were given to first place finishers.

For anyone that was not there to come in here and pass judgement is wrong. Let's just get on with it...... Support your local track and let your car do your talking!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

First of all, the original flyer plainly stated that first thru third would would recieve trophyies as seen in the above post by MadisonRC News. The owner then went and changed the flyer right after all that happened. Seems pretty shady to me.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Cool

now the truth comes out. witch sheds a different light on the subject!!!

Last edited by PRIME TIME; 09-18-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: oops
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #27
Tech Adept

So apparently the issue of trophies for only 1st place was discussed in the drivers meeting before the races. So, I have to agree with Bob and the track owner on that point. So, if it was clear during the drivers meeting, then no one has the right to complain after the fact. If the 2nd place finisher didn't voice a concern in the drivers meeting, and complained only after they didn't get first, then they're the one being the douche - I'd tell them to foff too.

IRS Rug Rat -- RC12R5.1 -- Losi Mini-T
Old 09-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #28
Tech Rookie

Okay, here is how I understood it from the people that were actually there. A very large trophy and some first place plaques were laid out on the table. There wasn't much of a meeting and the plaques weren't really discussed. Also, there was were new people there and the exisitng members didn't want to make a bug fuss for there sake, plus they were kids. After the race the owner took pics of the first place winners and a very large trophy to look as if it was given but supposedly was for the next race and a marketing tactic. ??? After the race some of the members went to the owner and stated in a polite way that in the future races he should give out all of the plaques that he said he would because there were some new people there that got second place and they would of probably like to have recieved them. The owner then gets up yelling and cussing telling them he is tired of this crap and they are a bunch of crybabies and they needs to get the f*&@ off his property. His wife then starts yelling and going ballistic as well. The people complaining were the ones who got second, but I think they were just voicing there concerns as they should be entitled to as club members. Then the owner went and changed the flyers on the club forum and said that it needed to be clarified that 1st thru 3rd weren't guaranteed plaques when that was a lie. So, with this being said, should they of made a big deal at the driver's meeting, or should they of tried to talk in person with him man to man ?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #29
Tech Master

Well I have it from a reliable source who heard it from his freind who has a cousin that told him that he heard it from his sister that.......
Old 09-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #30
Tech Rookie

You are a funny guy Bob.
Closed Thread