Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The GSRCI 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nolec5
Sorry about that....it has changed a number of times so I didn't catch what the current format is.

Best of luck to you and your series.

Cool...yes the change has been to help meet the wants and needs racer have expressed having for the series. We are open to adjustments if it makes everything better all around for everyone.

As a matter a fact one of the things we have just started talking about were the entry fees. Eddie Gunn and I were discussing a nice consistant level to put everything at for both the GCS and GSRCI races. Something that doesn't kill everyone when they come out and race especially when a family for instance may have a father son team. So both the GCS and the GSRCI are talking about this issue and trying to workout something together that makes the most sense for the racers most importantly and the races together.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MGT_STC007
Cool...yes the change has been to help meet the wants and needs racer have expressed having for the series. We are open to adjustments if it makes everything better all around for everyone.

As a matter a fact one of the things we have just started talking about were the entry fees. Eddie Gunn and I were discussing a nice consistant level to put everything at for both the GCS and GSRCI races. Something that doesn't kill everyone when they come out and race especially when a family for instance may have a father son team. So both the GCS and the GSRCI are talking about this issue and trying to workout something together that makes the most sense for the racers most importantly and the races together.
Well the series that just ended, Dalton, Loganville, Griffith, was a big rip off. $35.00 to enter and the payout after 6 races was less than a gallon of milk. A friend ran all 6 races ($210.00), finished third in the standings overall and only won $45.00.
Point i'm trying to make is when you pay entry fees, gas, hotel and eats, plus your cost of your parts and such, you can understand why some series won't be worth entering if they don't put the racer before thier own wallet.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hear you man...but I'm not the GCS however I will say after talking with Eddie who is now in charge of it I don't think the 09 GCS series will be a rip-off as you put it. It will be something new and fresh just like the GSRCI....you can count on that.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default GSRCI Schedule updates coming soon!

We have some changes coming up soon for the scheduled races. Something we decided just made a lot of sense for the racers and pretty much just everyone period that is going to be in or around the GSRCI. This is why I like planning ahead so far in advance...so when a better idea comes up we can change things months before the race even get here.

Stay tunned.....
Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

You can click on this link to the MCRC Photo bucket account and copy and use the new GSRCI banner on your site or signature. http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...goNewtest1.jpg

Thanks for your on going support of this new and exciting series for 2009.

Last edited by bigmanrc; 08-04-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, I have posted a thread on the GARCRacers forum under the premier races category. And I did this almost as soon as I learned of the event.

There was a couple of months that I was on hiatus, and did not keep up with the boards, however I want it to be known that I fully support the GSRCI.

I want to also let all of the tracks and event planners know that they are all welcome to discuss and promote the event on the GARCRacers forum.

I have seen the new GARCForums board, and I support that as well. I have been in communication with the admin, and feel that two forums will benefit those who wish to have options as to where they would like to post.

Sorry for any troubles you guys had at the other forum.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey man thanks for the support. It's really appreciated more than you know. I spoke with a friend of yours today over at Mod Hobby....he had good things to say about you.

Thanks again bud...