Wiki Posts
Search

Ground breaking on new RC Track in Cedartown

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default What!?!?!

What!?!?!?
Man I'm like Luke Duke with a tan! I'll loose you on road or off road!
LOL naaa I'm pretty sure I suck on road...... But I can learn! Yo fingers aint special!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike henderson
given the picture on your avatar maybe a face lift or a least a shave might change things........i'm only kidding.
sorry that your experience was bad but,trust me that is not indicative of the r\c community as a whole. there will always be a few jerks and a bunch of big kids. hang with the big kids for the most fun.please don't let that bad experience run you off
o i didnt run off. I just dont go there. i run at Battlefield as much as possible. been racing there now for about a year. And the avatar is an old pic of me lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt
I wasn't directing that towards you Bobby, and I'm not saying the on road guys don't need more tracks to race on. All I'm saying is if someone decides to build an RC track commend them rather than discourage them. It just seemed like some people were saying not to build an off road track, and to top it off they were saying the off road guys have too many tracks to choose from. Talk about haters..... That's like complaining that there are too many people on earth because you can't find a place to ride your horse.... Ok maybe it's not like that... But that was pretty funny though....
hey Dirt we cool and feel your point 100%...i'm like Ricky Bobby " I WANNA GO FAST"
Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What!?!?!?
Man I'm like Luke Duke with a tan! I'll loose you on road or off road!
LOL naaa I'm pretty sure I suck on road...... But I can learn! Yo fingers aint special!
Bari...go get a touring car. And start running with us.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default Dang

I would love to, but I'm already spending money on my 8ight like a wild idiot. What touring cars are hot right now, I might start looking.
Jab
Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

X-ray 008, Corally phi, Serpent S400. probably in that order. Go with availability of parts. They are all great performers.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

It's amazing how some of the on road guys present their case. "Don't build an off road track build an on road track..... That is a piss poor attitude (In my opinion)!!!! The man is saying he intends to build both at some point, what's wrong with that? Why would anyone attempt to discourage him from building an off road track? I personally have to drive at very least an hour and a half to find an off road track no matter what direction I travel, so if you are saying there are "too many off road tracks" you don't know what your talking about. I do agree that there is a desperate need for on road tracks out here but come on! Telling a person not to build one or the other just seems Childish...
(In my opinion)
Dirt
PS
Good luck and more power to ya regardless of what you end up building! Even if you only build a drag strip and a rock crawling course I would still say congrats!
2 pennies
OK I agree that no one should be dicouraged from building a track..... any track. But as an on road guy, its dissapointing that anytime someone wants to build a track it seems like they always go for the dirt.

I know you hear the onroad guys saying there are too many off-road tracks, while you are having a hard time getting access to one and I dont think there are too many tracks of any kind, but for the onroad guys I think its worse.

I would like to add that a good number of the onroad guys traveled from Atlanta (or at least North Georgia) to Nashville last weekend. And guess what? until the last minute we thought the track was closing. Many of us have traveled six or more hours for a race that is not a regional or National event. So we tend to groan or even whine when a new track is "another off road".

I see your point I just wanted you to see why we are the way we are.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

when will the track be ready i working on a truck now
and have two others willing to go
Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Jekell101 can you make a pit bike track ?you have to take care your other customer too.

Last edited by colonrc; 04-05-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pawpaw
when will the track be ready i working on a truck now
and have two others willing to go
PAWPAW
He stated that they hope to have the track complete by the end of May.

What truck are you working on?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

We went and viewed the property and spoke about different things. We hope to start building next weekend weather permitting. I do have one concern and that is aquiring a timing system for the track and a decent price. Does anyone have any used systems out there to get us started??? BTW The track will more than likely be called Titon Speedway ( yeah yeah I know who cares but I had to tell you guys) And wow what a great location about one mile off of hwy 27. We are shooting for a double sided drivers stand with a minimum of 2.5 feet per driver and minimum of 10 feet tall. If you have any other suggestions we really need them now before starting. Thanks a million! Jeremy
Old 04-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

your right Colon! LOL that is slated for early 2032 ! LOL
Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

be sure your pit enters from the right. some track run it backwards from the left and a pit guy has to either reach over the car or flip the car around to fill it. if you enter from the right the tank is right there for the fill up.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

tmaxx-- revo--savage24.7 just need bowties for the t-max
Old 04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jekell101
We went and viewed the property and spoke about different things. We hope to start building next weekend weather permitting. I do have one concern and that is aquiring a timing system for the track and a decent price. Does anyone have any used systems out there to get us started??? BTW The track will more than likely be called Titon Speedway ( yeah yeah I know who cares but I had to tell you guys) And wow what a great location about one mile off of hwy 27. We are shooting for a double sided drivers stand with a minimum of 2.5 feet per driver and minimum of 10 feet tall. If you have any other suggestions we really need them now before starting. Thanks a million! Jeremy
Used timing systems are hard to find and not cheap! Of course AMBrc is way to go, not only for the quality but the fact that most drivers have personal transponders (PT's) by now. You can expect to pay $1500 for used and $2800 new. That's the decoder, coaxial and loop. Rechargable tranponders aren't cheap either, a rack of ten is another $1500. Best to require your racers to have their own PT's and maybe have some on hand to sell or rent. Stay away from the older style AMB20's, can't get transpoders for them and they don't support the PT's.

Laptop computers are good to use and the requirements for the softwares out there to run the races aren't to demanding. By todays standards a $500 to $700 new laptop is more than enough. I recommend Windows XP over Vista, Pentium over AMD and at least 1gb of memory. I am the sales and tech support for the JLap software and can help you there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.