Ground breaking on new RC Track in Cedartown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ground breaking on new RC Track in Cedartown

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

As a 1/12th on-road racer, I don't think people are saying "Don't build it." From my point of view, there are no really good on-road carpet tracks in the area. Prime Time is OK, better than nothing, but it's postage stamp sized. Tommy runs a great race, but the track should be at least double the size it is, which isn't possible where it is. There are several off-road tracks near Atl, so if the guys in Cedartown are thinking of building on and off road tracks, it makes more sense to me to build the on-road carpet. Less competition with the other off-road tracks within a 100 mile radius. I'd like to see both build, but I would like to see the on-road first since PT is our only option.

Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt
It's amazing how some of the on road guys present their case. "Don't build an off road track build an on road track..... That is a piss poor attitude (In my opinion)!!!! The man is saying he intends to build both at some point, what's wrong with that? Why would anyone attempt to discourage him from building an off road track? I personally have to drive at very least an hour and a half to find an off road track no matter what direction I travel, so if you are saying there are "too many off road tracks" you don't know what your talking about. I do agree that there is a desperate need for on road tracks out here but come on! Telling a person not to build one or the other just seems Childish...
(In my opinion)
Dirt
PS
Good luck and more power to ya regardless of what you end up building! Even if you only build a drag strip and a rock crawling course I would still say congrats!
2 pennies
Old 04-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Yes good strategy!!!!! made the dirt guys paid for the on road track just kidding good luck.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i like the idea of the oval cause thats what i know. would prefer an onroad track but hey.......its his deal let him do what he needs. i will try my best to make it to any of the events that you have especially with the track being about 30-45 mins from my house :P good luck and i wish you the best.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nhibberts

Why is it no one wants to go to PTH track in calhoun and run offroad?
i went there once and was treated very rudely, without even putting a truck on the track, as well as my family. not by the employees but but its patrons. I will never go back again. I have no time for that because im in this hobby to try to enjoy myself.

as for on road. is there really a big calling of on road racers in the area? or just a hand full of ya? I ask this seriously cause i dont know anyone personally into it. I cant see someone building a track for 10 or less racers that wont all always be able to use it.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
as for on road. is there really a big calling of on road racers in the area? or just a hand full of ya? I ask this seriously cause i dont know anyone personally into it. I cant see someone building a track for 10 or less racers that wont all always be able to use it.
http://www.go-rc.org/member_list.html

Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
i did not know there was so many. and their all in the area?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

The way i see it my only competiton is going to realistically be Dalton That is closest. No offense but the plan is to blow all other dirt tracks in the southeast out of the water so you the racer will show up! Our plan is go big or go home for sure. I think Colon said it all when he said make the dirt track guys pay for the road course! Parking will not be an issue as well as the entrance for small cars. Titon Motorsports Inc. will be on site for parts, fuel, and car sales at every race not to mention having low prices on site. The hobby shop is located about 5 miles from the actual tracks if other items are needed. I know exactly what people are talking about when they say they are mistreated by racers or shop owners but you can ask anyone we are way down to earth people. Heck we are new at this racing thing to so we learn more as we progress. I am not sure of the mentality but I have noticed that as well at a few shops before, not saying that all are bad though. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM
mike henderson

mistreated is sometimes confused with being busy and not having social skills.

what this area of georgia really needs is a radio controlled park to play in that won't be closed in twelve months, a track owner realistically in tuned with the hobby fully understanding that the best you can hope for is to break even in cost, and a bonus if you make a little profit. Setting a set of rules and regulations and sticking to your guns. too many people will find fault with a rule because thay can't adapt and overcome. track owners that worry about losing one racer will lose 100 in the procewss of making one happy. if you don't believe me look at the sugar bowl, and prime time.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

to be honest the way we were treated, mistreated is an understatement. but thats another story. I look forward to the progression of this to see where it goes.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike henderson
mistreated is sometimes confused with being busy and not having social skills.

what this area of georgia really needs is a radio controlled park to play in that won't be closed in twelve months, a track owner realistically in tuned with the hobby fully understanding that the best you can hope for is to break even in cost, and a bonus if you make a little profit. Setting a set of rules and regulations and sticking to your guns. too many people will find fault with a rule because thay can't adapt and overcome. track owners that worry about losing one racer will lose 100 in the procewss of making one happy. if you don't believe me look at the sugar bowl, and prime time.

I agree 100% with ya there Mike! And I feel that Jeremy is in a good position to provide this. He will not be relying 100% on the RC side of things to fund things so thats a big advantage right there. Also, given his location, He is close enough to support the 2 remaining onroad tracks (PT and the Bowl) by running a series or just alternating schedules. Not to mention the other offroad tracks in the area.

Also, heres some food for thought...

GO-RC's long term goal is to have a permanent facility for it's racers. Why not see if he is interested in helping out with that goal? That way, we could continue things as we planned and raise the money we need for a track. Obviously he has the land we need and he plans to have an onroad track at some point... so why not?

Any thoughts?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default See!

Originally Posted by colonrc
Yes good strategy!!!!! made the dirt guys paid for the on road track just kidding good luck.
Actually that's smart thinking....
Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
mike henderson

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
to be honest the way we were treated, mistreated is an understatement. but thats another story. I look forward to the progression of this to see where it goes.
given the picture on your avatar maybe a face lift or a least a shave might change things........i'm only kidding.
sorry that your experience was bad but,trust me that is not indicative of the r\c community as a whole. there will always be a few jerks and a bunch of big kids. hang with the big kids for the most fun.please don't let that bad experience run you off

Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
mike henderson

sorry happy fingers

Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC

I agree 100% with ya there Mike! And I feel that Jeremy is in a good position to provide this. He will not be relying 100% on the RC side of things to fund things so thats a big advantage right there. Also, given his location, He is close enough to support the 2 remaining onroad tracks (PT and the Bowl) by running a series or just alternating schedules. Not to mention the other offroad tracks in the area.

Also, heres some food for thought...

GO-RC's long term goal is to have a permanent facility for it's racers. Why not see if he is interested in helping out with that goal? That way, we could continue things as we planned and raise the money we need for a track. Obviously he has the land we need and he plans to have an onroad track at some point... so why not?

Any thoughts?
Spoken like poet..... That is a great way to look at it. It looks like you guys have a nice group in that Go-RC thing! That's great! I hope you guys accomplish all your goals. I also understand not everyone is taking the position of "build ours not theirs".

One of the best days I had in Georgia was the day I found the Sugar Bowl! It had the best of both worlds, a giant on road course, a nice off road course, the on road oval! Some guys are even lucky enough to run both. Wish I could...
Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 PM
mike henderson

Some guys are even lucky enough to run both. Wish I could...

i have seen you race you should stay with the dirt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.