Wiki Posts
Search

Psycho Nitro blast opinion thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Psycho Nitro blast opinion thread

i went this weekend as a spectator. first let me say that i can not complain about much for this event. i had a absolute blast and enjoyed every minute i was there. i had to actually try and think of a couple things to improve on so here is my list

1. More Vendors. i heard a lot of people complaining that none of the ones that were there had parts.

2. food prices- $5 for a small tray of nachos? $2 for a small drink.. prices were a little to steep but you guys probably had no control over that.

3. this one probably is the least of my concerns but it is my final one.. ventilation for the smoke..

those are my ONLY complaints about this event and im not even mad about them..

Overall i have to say that this was a awesome event and I WILL come back next year to race. fantastic show. great job guys!!

I still say the monster tucks didnt make the leap of faith..lol
Old 02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will not be going back to the PNB next year. I can spend my money on a better track like the A.I.C. I mean the track was great until it got blown out and they did not/would not repair it. The track was blown out by practice and it had ruts in it deep enough to hide your car. How hard is it to buy a few $9 shovels and brooms to fix it up because it wouldn't have taken hardly any time to do so. Second I was tired of going into races having to pray someone wouldn't try to take my car out, and I was in the pro 1/8 buggy class. I also know the lap counting system wasn't counting correctly because several of my friends did not get the places they were suppose to. And my opinion is the triple was to large for this type of race there is no reason for something that big unless it is like a freestyle competition because too many people were breaking there cars.(If you are wanting to know I could clear the triple and I did, and this is to let you know I am not saying this because I couldn't clear it). In addition, several racers didn't return for their mains. Last but certainly not least during the heats it was mandatory to take a pit. Which makes it unfair to us guys who have tuned and got their engines to run 10 minutes on a tank of gas. So to sum it up this was the most poorly run event of this size I have ever experienced. There is no way I will return to this race next year unless there are some major changes that take place.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

I went as a spectator. If they have it next year I doubt I will go again. Mainly due to the fact of the poor ventilation. They should at least let kids sit up there in the glassed area. My little newphew was getting over a cold and the smoke was really killing him. I walked him up there and he had sat up there for a good hour when some d*ck came and told him that it was a vip only room and if he didnt know the owner he needed to leave. That pretty much left a bad taste in my mouth. Also as stated the track was severly rutted. I think this was the first race the guys have put on though. I am sure they learned a lot with this race. I would really like to see them put on an outdoor race. The only indoor racing that needs to be done is electric unless your gonna have some better ventilation. I know they couldnt really help that fact considering they were in a cattle arena.

I can say this though. I want to buy an 8th scale really bad now.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Talking It can only Get better!

I think the event will only get better! I went as a spectator and it was exiting to see such a large venue, the smoke did kill hopefully there will be better ventilation in the future. Overall I was loving it, and I'm glad there are people willing to host such events in Atlanta!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Personally I would like to see an outdoor event. All in all those guys did a good job for their first event.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I really did like the event except for the track getting worse and worse practice was great at the first of the day then it turned to crap ,But it did slow every1 down i will be thur next race but please get some 9 dollar shovels like will said lol .
Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think the event went really well. The track blowing out is part of it. Everyone can complain about the track but the guy next to you on the drivers stand has to race on the same track. Dirt is dirt, race on it. I was excited when we got there to see that it wasnt gonna be hard packed blue groove, that equalizes tires.You dont have to have the one tire that works on blue groove. I looked before my main at others peoples tire choices. Crimefighters, Bow Ties, Komodos, Holeshots, they all worked pretty equally. The bumps challenge every aspect of the driver....set up ability and driving. If you didnt have one or the other you probably weren't going to the A.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Okay the track got blown out so it made the setup challenging for You.. Buy a $9 Shovel dig a hole and throw your buggy in it (do not remove buggy then Repair the hole)....You want smooth race carpet! This was offroad people ever seen how an OFFROAD mx track ruts? During timed practice lap time were slower than when the ruts really surfaced.... Esp in the PRO class people turned upper 50 seconds in the mains when the track was the worst...

Okay ventilation was an issue but people would have complained it was too cold if all the wall were opened ( which by the way could have opened). Sorry to hear about the lil guy with the cold hope he feels better soon.

Venue owners are the Vip can't be mad at that.... You're Vip at your house/business you own...

Full Throttle Hobbies Rocked can't imagine between them and Carolina some could not find a part .....What in the world did that guy break?

Last edited by njballa; 02-04-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: left out an opinion
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i like the race it was very fun and it was challenging and off road is supposed to be rough and the big jump if you couldn't clear it just double into it that's what i did and it was just as fast.

my only 2 complaints are the ventilation and cry babies if you cant pace your self not to break and keep consistent that isn't any ones fault but your own and they should of work on the track a little but everone there raced on the same track so it was equal to ever body and i would like to say great job to Randy Baily for is 2nd place finish in sportsman buggy and to Dustin Bunch for win in pro truggy and joshy pooh for placing 6th in the amain sportsman buggy.

and Brendon great job announcing.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:07 PM

I went as a spectator and loved it!

I wish the doors would have been opened cause i was coughin up nitro all day... maybe next year global warming will do us a favor and keep us toasty.

njballa, in supercross the tracks are groomed after every race so you are wrong about that... and in motocross its a lil different because you are on the bike and can see the ruts and obstacles in front of you... RC cars are a lil different because you cant really see much in front of you....

I think the event should be moved to the georgia dome or something that would be awesome though! I think we need more room because I had a hard time findin vendors and stuff... take world cup paintball for example... thats the most organized event I have been to! I wonder if it would be possible to rent out the Georgia Dome?!?!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

fumes were pretty rough. i think a few 4' fans in the openings some blowing in and some blowing out to keep it a little clearer would be a huge improvement next year. there was times id stand on 1 side of the track and look to the other side and couldnt see the wall or the cars running and the drivers stand like a mountain top in the clouds. i would REALLY like to have seen the track reprepped saturday morning/friday night between practice and qualifying. i can see not changing it races start but that practice killed it. it is off road and im not crying but would have been an improvement to start the actual racing. all in all i had a blast. it was a huge learning expereince for me being my first big dance and all. the sleep deprivation torture kinda sucked lol. but we all knew about it going in so it wasnt some big surprise. im pretty sure Ollies first posts started with "get your sleep now" Ollie and his partner did a great job putting this on. and the prizes at the end were absolutly nuts. my buddy took 2nd in the sportsman buggy A main and expected 1 of those plaques and thats it..we were all shocked to see what they were giving out. well worth the entry by itself. and hell $60 for 3 days of racing and all the learning and people meeting you get to do...where can you do that much for the kind of money? all in all it was a great even and ill be back next year...with a little more sleep before hand lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

njballa, in supercross the tracks are groomed after every race so you are wrong about that... and in motocross its a lil different because you are on the bike and can see the ruts and obstacles in front of you... RC cars are a lil different because you cant really see much in front of you....

Thats why you should walk the track ...I know guys who did'nt race but walked the track .....And those guys did groom the track in between haets and mains ....I seen them with my own eyes with those 9 dollar shovels LOL

Wheres your local track ?? I need to race this weekend
Old 02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

lol.. i agree more fans would help.. i too play pro paintball and know what he is saying about vendors. the vendors would have gotten more business if they had actually marked their trailers as a vendor. i walked by one all weekend not knowing it was a vendor till sunday when i saw some people come out with bags
Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

yeah more fuel venders would have been great, Byrons was a sponsor but only 1 vender (full throttle hobbies) was the only place to carry it. our guy bringing our fuel had a family emergency 1/2 way down tot he event and had to go home. only thing anyone was carrying was 30% and we all run 20% and not enough head shims to go around for all 5 of us lol. but luckily full throttle hobbies had some 25% at their shop and brought us the few bottles they had. Great guys. o and carolina pulled me out of a few jams over the weekend having such a good stock on hand of A-arms lol. id have been done after heat 2 if it wasnt for them.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

weird i heard people complain about not having parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.