Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Labor Day Race @ Primetime Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Labor Day Race @ Primetime Hobbies

I'm sorry guys but Im going on my soapbox this evening and it really disturbs me to think that in earlier post you read "Im looking foward to it" talking about the Labor Day Weekend Race @ Primetime but seems kind of funny when I speak about this race no one has even bothered to sign up. WHY IS THAT? You know we all talk a good game in building relationships with track owners and supporting the locals in their business however its really angered me because all I see is the same ole' crowd at Primetime and most of you talk a good game bout wanting to race. I was in Fort O on Sunday just looking around and damn was it a packed place but i leave and go to primetime I just pull in the parking lot and wow just 5-8 people.... Com'on guys we can all do better than that. You support other locations but why not HYPE up this race--- bring a good crowd to primetime. I would really hate to see our local hobby shop just disappear like dust in the wind.

Primetime may not have the money to install $8000 sprinkler system or they may not have the freakin parking but you know we need to support the guys in their business. If it wasnt for primetime, Battlefield RC, or Ricks Rc Racing some of you would not have a "TOY" or "TOYS" to play with... you would be spending tons of money on shipping from EBAY, TOWER, or even HORIZON. Jay-Z said it best "DIRT OFF YOUR SHOULDERS"- we all need to lay aside any hard feelings toward whom ever, or what ever the situation we all need to come together and support our HOME TOWN hobbie shop regardless of whatever has happened in the past.

I know some of guys will be battling it out tomorrow at Battlefield but you know why support and hype up next weeks race. Lets see how we can bring the business back home- lets give tommy and vickie something to be proud of on labor day.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by ChadRacing; 08-25-2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: decided not to respond
Old 08-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to be clear, the Labor Day race is an off-road race.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would love nothing more than to see a 15-20 car showing for the labor day race. However, given its location, large turnouts do not seem all to common. This is too bad if you ask me. Tommy and Vickie are great people. I know Tommy works his butt off to get what little turnout he gets. I for one take every opportunity I get to make my way up to PT for a race. Sure its not the most challenging layout, but it has it's challenges none the less. I will be at PT for the race this weekend photographing the race. I hope to see some new faces and meet up with some old ones as well. I will see everyone this weekend.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmmm

[quote]Jay-Z said it best "DIRT OFF YOUR SHOULDERS"- we all need to lay aside any hard feelings toward whom ever, or what ever the situation we all need to come together and support our HOME TOWN hobbie shop regardless of whatever has happened in the past.[quote]

Hmmm The Great Jay-Z I turn to him for all guidance in life!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Primetime is not far.....Tracy City is far. So I don't buy not coming to PT because of distance if you are in Atlanta. Covered pits, no generators (except for Cooper) and a HUGE fan to keep cool, what's wrong with that?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

well it sortove seems that your mad but why dont u just post under your regular name??? I dont know about you but i race where i want to and normally its not primetime.....
Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

you need to do alot of advertising not just on the GA part of this forum but tenn. alanama and stuff like that if you want a big turnout
Old 08-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joe_jenkins
you need to do alot of advertising not just on the GA part of this forum but tenn. alanama and stuff like that if you want a big turnout
Done already I think people just dont like the track like Tommy said him self.Belive me Joe I tried everything I could to promote this race but I even called people to sponsor the race and that doesn't even catches people attention. Race still schedule a few things have changed like enry fees is only 15.00.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh i dont know maybe all theloca racers should meet at primetime and talk about how they could make that track more likeable
Old 08-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Any on-road racing @ PT this weekend, or just off-road?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Any on-road racing @ PT this weekend, or just off-road?
As far as I know, its just the offroad race. But I plan to bring my car with me so I can run it when im not taking pictures. You planning on coming to PT Arun?

Also, what day(s) will the race be run? Sat? Sun? both?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC

Also, what day(s) will the race be run? Sat? Sun? both?
The way it looks I think is gonaa be 1 day.If is so I hope saturday that way I can go to coopers on sunday.8)
Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Can we practice on the on-road tracks? I'd love to come up and watch and get some practice in. No off-road car though.

Arick
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
You planning on coming to PT Arun?
Well, with it being a 3-day weekend I was thinking to go, but since there is no on-road race scheduled I will hold off.
I don't think I have it in me to go all the way to TN for on-road...school and work have been kicking my butt these last couple of weeks, and it doesn't help that I've been a little under the weather. I think my parents might be coming to visit, so I'll probably make a brief appearance in ATL and then take the rest of the weekend to relax and spend time with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.