Wiki Posts
Search

ATTN COOPER MOTORSPORTS DRIVERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default ATTN COOPER MOTORSPORTS DRIVERS

ALLCOOPER MOTORSPORTS DRIVERS ARE URGED NOT RACE FOR POINTS IN THE "F1 ALL STAR TOUR RACES" IN WHICH YOU GAIN POINTS IN TOURING OR F1 DUE TO A BREECH IN A VERBAL AGREEMENT MADE IN GEORGIA AT THE SUGAR BOWL. IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND RACES WHERE THE "F1 ALL STAR TOUR" IS BEING HELD ON THAT OCCASION PLEASE SPECIFY THAT YOU ARE NOT THERE FOR THE POINTS RACE AND TAHT YOU ARE THERE FOR THEIR CLUB RACE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF OR CHRIS FOR ANSWERS ON THIS ISSUE.

ALSO IF YOU WERE AT THE LAST COOPER MOTORSPORTS RACE ON THE MOUNTAIN THAT GOT RAINED OUT YOU ENTRY FEE WILL ONLY BE $5.00 FOR THE NEXT RACE, WE KNOW SEVERAL OF YOU DROVE QUITE A BIT AND STUCK IT OUT FOR SEVERAL HOURS AND THOUGHT THIS WAS ONLY FAIR.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HD you got a PM Call Me ASAP
Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here's what's going on. After the race at the bowl, we sat down and talked to George about the scheduling of the tour races. The problem was the turnout we received at Carbondale was pretty good, but basically none of the same people came to the bowl. And the way the points were structured (double points at Carbondale) there was no way anyone that wasn't at Carbondale would have had a chance to win. So, George was supposed to have made Carbondale single points and then finish out the points series between the track in Tracy City and a location he was going to find in Chattanooga to make the racing closer for the ones who had supported the tour last year and the first race this year. With gas over $3 per gallon, it's hard for us to travel hundreds of miles to race against the same 4 or 5 racers from this area.

I have asked George and asked George to explain this to everyone and post a new schedule. He has obviously chosen not to do so, so Cooper Motorsports as an organization, is not participating any further in the F1 All Star Series. However, for the ones still participating, the next round will be July 15th in Tracy City. We will run the F1 classes and our normal classes.

Don't take this post wrong. I'm not mad at George, and George is not mad at me. I'm just disappointed and regret that it had to come to this point. But this shows the problem with lack of communication.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is a reply I put on the battlfield forum to answer a question from Brett.

This is not at all what everyone is thinking. This is something I did. And yes I admit I did it for what I believe is a good reason. Not to push anyone up in the points. It will not affect anything about the races and I will explain it on the 15th. I'm sure you will see that it is not as bad as you may be thinking and even if you do not agree to the action you may agree to the reason for it. Everything I do I do for the racers and that will never change. Just bare with me on this and I think you will understand. I want to tell everyone at the race so this does not start one of those back and forth rumor parties that forums are famous for. Let's just stop it here and I will tell you guys in person.