Wiki Posts
Search

Carbondale Results?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Carbondale Results?

So I saw a post where George gave some hints about the results, but I haven't seen anything else. How'd our group do?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know Chad had to leave after the second heat or something so he could make it home. and the HPI car he was running (someone else ran it after he left) made it to 3rd. Thats all I know, would like to know the full results myself.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First off, what the Sam Hill happened to nash?
Now on to the good stuff. You guys keep thanking me and Andy for this and as much as I enjoy the spotlight I didn't do anything do deserve it. I just passed info and ideas to Andy about stuff. All the credit should go to him and all my thanks to you guys for making it happen.
Shane Worley...wow. I really do feel bad that I did not have time to talk to him more. (stupid car kept trying to burn down) That guy had a lot of talent but more than that he was a regular Joe. He did not have to give as much as he did for us and his music helped more than he knows. In my case I was listening to everything even when I was running around trying to get the car to work right and he saved me from just throwing it all in the lake. He helped me no doubt.
Once again the Cooper Motorsports team came through. I would have went by myself to this event but it felt good knowing they love this as much as I do and made the trip. The same for Doc...what a guy! When the race went longer than planned Chad was worried that he could not race the main event. He had to get home and was obviously worried to the point of making himself sick. In jumps the Cooper team and BAM! Hpi is represented in the cup race. Not only represented but Byron and Brett had me to the point of scared to death just knowing those cars were faster than mine and if they got the chance all I could have done was watch them pull away. Of course no event involving the Cooper team can happen without building memories. If it's not throwing his team drivers out of the trailer to get the ESPN interview or one of them wanting to beatup the girl at the doughnut shop, Destroying motels in Birmingham, passing around a very sick Captain Morgan joke, it's something else. I guess this year it was more scientific. After locking Chris in the portapotty they shook it while he was in there to test the airflow of the vents to see if they would pass enough air to keep him alive. I guess they did.
Andy Wallace, What can you say. Here is a guy with so much passion for racing that he will support a bunch of racers hundreds of miles away with the same interest to make sure that they have as much fun as he does. I can only imagine how much his local racers admire him.
The racers there. You can't always got to a track and sit at a strangers table and be as welcomed as we were. These guys talked to me as though we have been running laps together for years. And were very interested in how we do things here. I would prefer to go the miles to a track like that and lose every class I enter than closer to home and win where people are hoping you are just passing though. We've all been to those right!
Rules, If we add just one rule this year it has to be this. NOBODY rides alone to an out of town event! If for no other reason than to just make the time pass better. Chad and Kent did which shows a commitment I could never thank them enought for but, since the event did go later than planned they had to leave before it was over to run the miles alone. Let's not do that if we can help it.
Lot's of good memories from that race, now we have the rest of the year to make more!
Hyperdrive is the 1st company to win the builders cup. Congradulations to the team. HPI tied with them in points which meant this could not have turned out much better for them and I'm sure the Guy at HPI will have a fit about it if I can catch him on the phone. Way to go guys and wives. Can't wait for the next one.

This was posted by George on the battlefield site
Old 04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone have the actual race results from the mains?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm waiting for the results from Alphacat since I do not know everyones name there. I think I can try a couple of them. Chad was kicking in the builders cup and I think he finished as 3rd qualifier. Heath Mahar was first with me second and Byron and brett in 3rd and 4th. Cooper was 5th and the other MLP car did not start. Corally had another commitment and could not attend (BIG loss for them!) The finish actually put Hyperdrive and HPI tied for 1st with Hyperdrive winning being 1st at the line. In 6 cell F1 I do know it was CD 1st ( the guy from Turkey ) Andy Wallace 2nd and Dexter Gardenhire third. In 4 cell F1 it was again CD 1st Andy 2nd I do not know 3rd, The Doc 4th Dexter 5th. By the way, Dexters 4 cell car is a rocket and I only got by him because he tagged the wall...whew! Touring was Skip 1st Chris 2nd, I do not know the rest yet but they were all flying. The b-main in touring was I think Byron smartt then a local then Jimmy Hawkins I think then more locals. I did not know anyone in 1/12th but gee whizz! I make more mistakes in practice than those guys will all season...smoooth! Yes, it was well worth the trip and I for one can't wait to go back. I will get the info to you asap.

Thanks Chad, my steam powered computer does not like moving from one site to another at the same time to pass info.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

First off, a big thanks to Andy and George for putting on an excellent race. I feel sorry for anyone who missed this event. IT WAS GREAT!!!!!! I've been to a lot of races over a lot of years, but I honestly believe this was the most fun I've ever had. And yes, George was right...there was the normal Cooper Motorsports antics that went on over the weekend. But everyone ask George about his reindeer pajamas. I laughed so hard I think I cried.

I want to thank all the Cooper Motorsports drivers and all the guys who purchased and ran my motors at the track. Cooper Motorsports had a great showing. And again, thanks to everyone at Cooper Motorsports for making it possible.

P.S. I want to thank Billy at Billy's Bail Bonds in Carbondale, IL for their quick and courteous service getting the Cooper Motorsports crew there on time for the mains on Sunday.