Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asphalt '07!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

we should have a stock and sprotsman mini and a stock and mod touring because im hopefully going to be runing touring and i cant afford to have all that brushless motors that yall can. and im sure alot of other people would run stock or we can just 19t as long as it doesnt come down to the people that win have the money to buy the expensive stuff like the best novak brushless system or something. but i can understand what arun said people can run brushless/brushed stock classes. Dane people that see the minis going fast because of the sportsman class and thats all we have people wont get into it because they are going to fast. if i was just watching a race one day and i saw them going real fast i probally wouldnt have gotten into it cause id think it was to hard to do but i saw it when everyone was running stock so it looks entertaining and people want to go buy one and race.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TylerOwenby
Dane people that see the minis going fast because of the sportsman class and thats all we have people wont get into it because they are going to fast. if i was just watching a race one day and i saw them going real fast i probally wouldnt have gotten into it cause id think it was to hard to do but i saw it when everyone was running stock so it looks entertaining and people want to go buy one and race.
I think Tyler's last point is spot on. A know a lot of friends and co-workers that I've talked to about RC say they think it would be fun and interesting, but they are too intimadated to spend any money to get started in RC when they see the touring mod class. Their assumption is that they wouldn't be able to drive something that fast and since the cost is high, they don't want to spend the money.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Last edited by Dane; 02-22-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Yes it is important to have a 19/stock class for touring. In my opinion, touring is the best class for someone to start in because they don't need the best equipment to go fast but still be competitive in the slower classes.

Mini does the same but seems to be more of temporary step into "real" racing. Why would someone want to stay slow? They need to learn but not be hindered by their class. Touring allows for more growth.

If someone just wanted to goof around, mini is a great choice - no doubt about it. From a club racing standpoint and in attempt to gather more regular racers, I think we should give a little more attention to touring rather than mini. On that note, without having a "slower" touring class that we regularly run, those who want to get more involved and get a touring can't. We need to let people grow gradually rather than going from a $100 mini to full mod.

So in all, I'm not disagreeing that we need a mini class - it offers a lot to many people - I just think we need to have it in our minds that touring is the biggest class and needs the most attention in order to serve the future needs of everyone.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

So in all, I'm not disagreeing that we need a mini class - it offers a lot to many people - I just think we need to have it in our minds that touring is the biggest class and needs the most attention in order to serve the future needs of everyone.
i disagree because we had alot of people running mini and it was a very fun class. i dont think there were alot more people in touring than mini it was about even. by dane saying we dont need a mini class i disagree greatly because not everyone can buy a touring car. so we should just have bothand have 2 classes in each group. i really dont see where the argument is lets just do that im sure everyone will enjoy it.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yes it is important to have a 19/stock class for touring.
You mean MOD/stock
Old 02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

no, stock OR 19

Last edited by Dane; 02-22-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I WANT MOD
Old 02-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

omg why dont we have stock and mod!!!!!!
holy crap yall just need to comprimise
Old 02-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Arun, Kumpol, - any possibility for an in-person meeting to iron out the details?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

no, stock OR 19
What do you think the slash (/) means, it means mod and stock. The mod was highlighted in red because it was written stock and 19t on a earlier post.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

TylerOwenby omg
lets try to refrain from taking the Lords name in vane please.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R.Fenstermacher
What do you think the slash (/) means, it means mod and stock. The mod was highlighted in red because it was written stock and 19t on a earlier post.
I was referring to either a 19 or stock class to be used as a novice class - mod is a given - sorry for not being clear enough.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Old 03-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys, I am looking forward to running some races in my home state. 5 years of racing and never had the chance to do it at home. As far as the brushless/brushed together in stock, I have been running in the races in Mississippi with a brushed motor and fighting the brushless invasion and here is my thought on the subject; BL motors have a distinct advantage from around the 3:30 point in the heat until the end of the race due to the lack of brush fade. The first part of the race, they are pretty much even. So, if you are running neck and neck with a BL vs brushed motor, the BL will take it in the end. I think we should keep stock class "stock". If people want brushless, let htem have their own class.

Just my .02

Looking forward to running with you all this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.