Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prime Time Hobbies, Calhoun

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Randy! What'sup! Remind everyone that when the F1 AllStar tour comes to Calhoun for EVERYONE to bring their veeehickels for a 1st race photo. Got to send it to the Canadians and the gang in Salt Lake City. Might even make it a card for everyone to sign to wish them luck in their own series.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hi there! I'm a noob to this forum!

Hello everyone!
Dirt McGirt here!
I checked out this forum looks like there's a bunch of guys that I saw at the track last weekend in Calhoun! Cool! I'm the dude that had the little Losi8 out there, trying to learn how to race oval. LOL Anyway I do recognize a few vehicles! misfitz28, and K_Spec_RC who I'm pretty sure shot some video for me towards the end. The video came out really freakin good by the way. I posted a crappy youtube version of it on http://www.myspace.com/bari_d
But the original uncompressed version is very very good! I'm looking forward to racing this spring, and I had a freakin ball out in Calhoun. There were some real fast trucks and really good racers out there!
Peace
Dirt
Old 02-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey man, im guessing you were the guy with the Losi eight? (yup, just saw it on myspace :P) That thing was wicked fast (and hard to shoot lol) Let me know when you are headed up there next time and I will be sure to try and take some more shots. In fact... I could make a business outa this... lol j/k im not that good yet

:edit: just watched the video.. NICE! I like how you had the slow mo in there. I cant wait to meet up with you again!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dont forget about the guy driving the Losi XXX-4 electric and running faster than alot of the 1/8th buggies
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Hahaha! I did see the XXX-4! It was fast, Fast indeed!
I would like to hit a track this weekend, I'm not sure if I'm going to Calhoun or loganville. I kinda want to compete in an organized race this weekend if at all possible. Do you guys know of any races going on?
Thanks
Dirt
Old 02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Tommy from prime time said they wont be startig races untill it warms up a bit. So you wont find any races at primetime. I'm not familior with Loganville, so I dont know about that. In fact, I doubt anywhere would be running since the birds are going on. Also, its not spring yet. The only place in georgia I can think of is Trenton. But that is an indoor carpet track. So you couldnt exactly race there... I know I wont be up there on saterday, but sunday is still a possability. it all just depends on what Shaun (Misfitz) wants to do.

@Chad: LOL, yeah that thing was nuts. I didnt really get a chance to look at the chassis... but im going to guess it had a brushless? I know it had to of at least had a mod motor Either way, that thing was wicked fast
Old 02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Calhoun

True!
I guess it's Calhoun again then. I will probably go Sat and Sun, the offroad track is what I need to practice on, but they say it's never dry. Looks like a nice sunny rest of the week though, it might be ok. I went out to Suger Bowl 3 weeks ago on a Saturday but they were closed. I did manage to sneak around and see the tracks, but it was way back in the woods and I was scared somebody was gonna break out with a shotgun and tell me to get lost.
The track looked like it was really cool at some point but it needs some maintanence. Are they still open?
Dirt
Old 02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Racing at loganville on Feb 10th heres the info: Gates will open 8:00AM Reg 10:30 to 11:30 Start racing at 12:00
2 heats and the mains. Weather is looking good.

I do race there but im at the Snowbirds at the moment.

The XXX-4 i was running had a 12Double as a motor running 3300's
Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

they always get at least A & B mains for 1/8th pro and sometimes A & B mains for 1/8th sportsman both are buggies.... I dont like truggies
Old 02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

also besides on here you can go to this link to also post about Primetime i started a thread or forum on nashrc so you can post here or there dosent matter http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48 this forum has had this thread since the summer
Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Loganville

Dang!
If I ever get these stinkin parts from Hobby town! I will be in loganville this weekend. I'm testing to see what's faster, ordering through Hobbytown or Horizon hobbies. So I ordered half my parts online and half through hobby town. We shall see!
If anybody else is interested in going to loganville to race let me know!
Dirt McGirt
Old 02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

If Stormer hobbies sells your car check to see if they have parts. I have order from them before on a monday and had my parts by thursday or friday no later. And i order from them alot
Old 02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Niiiice!

Thanks! I will check them out! I just walked in the door and my parts from Horizon Hobbies are on the front steps!!!! Since I ordered these parts 2 days after I ordered from Hobby Town, I gave HT a call to see WTF. They have a don't call us we'll call you thing goin.... LOL
Dirt
Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

I only go to Hobby Town to talk to Danny... lol j/k usually I just get the little things there lke spur, pinon, solder, ect... Im looking to get a T2 from Kumpol if I can ever figure out a way to make the rest of the money lol
Old 02-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

If you want we can get some nice pics and some nice video together and start selling to all the different companies and hobby shops!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.