Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
The 2006 Formula 1 Challenge is coming!!! >

The 2006 Formula 1 Challenge is coming!!!

The 2006 Formula 1 Challenge is coming!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The 2006 Formula 1 Challenge is coming!!!

After a years wait from a property dispute Primetime hobbies in Calhoun, Ga has agreed to host the F1 Challenge there. There are two classes for the racers.

Corallyusa F1: 6-cell only with 2wd's using ROAR stock motors and 4wd's using down to 19T. If any of the new MLP F206 2wd suspension cars enter they may use down to a 23T motor at this time.

Alpha Management GP2: Same as F1 but with 4-cells.

Builders Cup, Factory teams only. Two man teams racing for the builders cup to send back to the home office for a year. Virtualy no rules other than how they paint the bodies.
You do NOT want to miss this first time ever annual event. Get an F1 car for this one and be in the first race of it's kind in the world.
Date to be announced soon.
In the works right now, The west coast F1 Challenge to be held next year in Las Vegas on a new track designed for this race with an FIA layout. Info coming as soon as it gets here.
F1 is back and getting bigger each year. Don't miss out.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cant wait and if I can get a response back from tamiya i know whose gonna win this Challenge
Old 10-02-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Here's something unexpected. Marty from MLP called me yesterday and said that he and alphacat my come down to represent MLP in the builders cup race...very very cool having the owner and ceo there making laps.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh wow....some challenge i hope they do come...would be awesome to see them race
Old 10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

No doubt, there is also a guy from NJ that drives for Corally coming but I do not know who his teammate is. I think we know who the Hyperdrive racers will be. And I think because of the distance R/CIndycars may use some hired guns from this area to represent them. I'll get that info later. Still waiting on word from Tamiya. I hope it's not one of those snooze you lose deals. I know one guys who want's it REAL BAD! Right! Get back on the phone!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

What's the date(s) for this race?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Very,very soon. We have to check the date for the oval nats in TN then let everyone know when the Challenge will be.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Congratulation to the Cooper Motorsports Team for winning both F-1 and Touring in the All Star Series. In F1 Heath Mahar 1st with his Hyperdrive and 2nd Brett McGee with his HPI, Both cars were powered by Cooper Motorsports stock motors.
In Turing Chris Cooper 1st, Brett McGee 2nd, Jimmy Hawkins 3rd,and Byron Smart 4th All 4 cars were powered by Coper Motorsports Stock Motors.
The team also dominated the last race of the series in touring taking the top 5 positions!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who ran my motors!!!! You guys did a great job

Chris Cooper
Cooper Motorsports, Hyperdrive,
Tekin, Thunder R/C and T/M Tires
Old 10-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

mxrich:
All ROAR and ARCOR national events have been run for 2006. The "Oval Masters" is 3-5 November, practice 1-2 November. The warm-up race was on 30 September.

Chris Cooper the Michael Schumacher of the All Star series !!!
Can I have your autograph? Will see you at the 'Birds
Old 10-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Chris does not do autographs, but he does take cash and pics of local hotties!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, and I hear Cooper even has a song written about him! Ask George about this if you haven't heard it.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

The song is very cool, and funny! I was going to play it at the races but there was too much road noise there at the track for anyone to hear it. GT40 liked it and the doc thought it was hilarious. I'll try to get it to the sugar bowl next race.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Had fun at the Ringold race. That small tight track was fun to drive. F1 racing is really starting to grow on me. Gotta get my F1 Card from George.
Congrats to all of Cooper Motorsports. Nice job guys. Had fun racing with you.

You guys need to do another parking lot race soon. Just bring more sandbags!

Keep us posted on any future F1 events. That way we can rally the troops and get as many F1's together for a race!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Oh you don't know the half of what we have planned for F1 racing. Next year...BAM! By the way, Incredible job Saturday with that F201. Hooked up with BOTH feet on the gas! The next race is at the sugar bowl date soon. I have another 6-8 sandbags at home but silly me. I did not think we would need them in Ringold. Try to make the F1 Challenge race if you can and encourage others to be there...you know, ebay. Plenty of deals there for F1 cars.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the difference between the Williams and Ferrari F201s? Hobbytown has one of each and I didn't notice anything different aside from some small cosmetic differences between the bodies. I think I read a few pages back that the Ferrari kit comes with a low speed gear and the Williams kit comes with a high speed gear. Is that it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.