NEW Track build in Northeast Georgia!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Track build in Northeast Georgia!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default NEW Track build in Northeast Georgia!!

Moving to Georgia from Colorado in July. I have noticed there is really only one 1/10 scale indoor clay track down in Columbus, GA on the Alabama border. I'll be living in North Eastern Georgia up towards Lake Lanier.

My thought is to buy some property, build a shop with attached warehouse and open up a track in northeast Georgia. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to morphing and forming clay tracks, so I am posting here as a route to find some guys that would be interested in lending a hand getting this wish to come to life!

Also throwing this post out to see how many 1/10 scale racers would appreciate and attend a track in northeastern Georgia. I would hate to spend the funds building if the attendance isn't there.

Let me know your thoughts! Looking forward to joining the Georgia RC community!
Old 04-09-2024, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Unfortunately the only place really thriving in GA is 1/8 scale in Loganville. There are a few guys that drift in Duluth which is fairly close and a few guys that run oval on a quarter midget track but 1/10 offroad doesn't really exist any more. We had a indoor track in Marietta with a smaller carpet onroad and carpet offroad track that did ok. He swapped it over to one bigger dirt track and it lasted a couple years longer but ultimately closed down. It think avg entries were around 15-20 with the carpet onroad track and ended up being 20-25 swapping it all over to dirt (with a few big races that brought up to 100ish).

I would think since racing is kinda dead here an "all in one" complex would be your best option with carpet onroad/oval and offroad with modular jumps and also allow drifting too. You may get 10-30 entries from each group of racers vs 10-30 with only an offroad track.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Krusty,

There are two people who you should contact that for the most part "run" the RC offroad scene in North Georgia. They are Shon Harding and Mark Moon. Shon runs the Columbus GA track and many racing series throughout the South East, and even hosted the ROAR nationals this past year. He is very skilled indoor/outdoor track builder and creates some super fun and challenging circuits. A pro racer as well. Mark is also a pro racer and is co-manager of the Loganville 1/8 scale track. Both great guys and willing to do most anything to expand the rc racing scene in the North Georgia area. Both can be contacted thru Facebook. Let me know if I can help you directly, etc...via PM. I am in the Cherokee County area, not too far from Lake Lanier, so I am super interested in facilitating in any way I can.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Been out the game for a little bit and it sucks to see ga racing took a hit. 2013-2016 ish was the peak for outdoor series (henry county, dalton, loganville) had really good numbers for 1/10 and 1/8. 1/10 offroad slowly phased out after that. Hard to say exactly where it's at now. Think the best bet would be to focus on 1/8. I'd definitely try to support any projects in the works.