New track in Calhoun Ga

Old 06-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Wish I could make it Sunday. Looks like a one day weekend for me.

Hopefully I can get some well needed practice in on Saturday. How's the lap counting system looking? Will there be one there on Saturday for practice?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran there today with Shaun...would have to say its a great track...I had my Xray and F201 hookin gup perfect on the track...the track seems like it likes 19 turns better than mods but you can run mods on it...everyone should come out and run it was a blast
Old 06-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Ran my TC4 there Saturday. It's a really fun track to run. Still have a few minor fixes to do to the track in order to make it smoother. My BL set-up worked well on the track. The biggest challenge is getting slowed down at the end of the straightaway to make the 180 degree turn. A much easier task to do with a 19T or Stock motor.

Can't wait till next time!
Old 06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Well went back today and run a 19t on a xray evo2 and ran very well. Shoot even raced with the 4 nitro guys that were there plus one more electric. Today went very well. Could not been happier with the result.

But on a side note....On June 25th I am bringing a AMB timing system there....Hopefully a bigger turn out will happen. Very good track and facilty to run at. Lets all support this place. SO everyone come out and race on June 25th
Old 06-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Chad - Did you try the 40 shore foams? Did the cooler temps today help with traction? Let me know if you want to plan a practice day. Fridays are good for me if you want to meet up at the track.

I will try to go ahead and make plans to be at the track on the 25th.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

I tried but didnt do much with the 40s Eddie helped me to set up my car with cs27s i have to still changed the fluid and springs more but then i will have the car setup right..... Eddie had his car hooked up so guess we just gotta keep testing..
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys.....How is the new track? it seems like you guys having a good time there.
We race electric at the bowl now....today (Sun 11th)...Arun, Keith, Melvin, Chris and I ran brushless. Bob has a layout for electric so no problem with long straight away Man! it was fun......I thought the bowl was only for gas racing....
So we will go back again next week.....Arun and I had the fastest lap at 13.7sec.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

I think I'm going to try some different foams next time. For the price of one set of CS27's, I can get two full sets of foams. I also like not having to use any traction compound before a run. My CS27 set-up worked well at 19T speeds, but with the brushless it was quite a handful. Foams tires seem to help get the brushless power to the ground better on that smaller tight track. But who knows, I've only practiced on the track for one day.

Did they spray anything on the track for traction on Sunday?

kumpol - What brushless systems are you guys running. Any Li-Po's make an appearance at the bowl?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Regional Moderator

we all have Novak 4.5......only Keith has Orion lipo packs.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shaun, what was your gear ratio with your 5.5 at Calhoun?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I think I'm going to try some different foams next time. For the price of one set of CS27's, I can get two full sets of foams. I also like not having to use any traction compound before a run. My CS27 set-up worked well at 19T speeds, but with the brushless it was quite a handful. Foams tires seem to help get the brushless power to the ground better on that smaller tight track. But who knows, I've only practiced on the track for one day.

Did they spray anything on the track for traction on Sunday?

kumpol - What brushless systems are you guys running. Any Li-Po's make an appearance at the bowl?
yes grape soda
Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

I was geared right around 10.0 overall. I am getting some larger spurs so I can try something higher. Car was still pulling at the end of the straightaway.
Gotta love brushless!

Chad - How much did the grape soda improve traction compared to Saturday?
Did you run your Z's on the slot track?
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kumpol
Hello guys.....How is the new track? it seems like you guys having a good time there.
We race electric at the bowl now....today (Sun 11th)...Arun, Keith, Melvin, Chris and I ran brushless. Bob has a layout for electric so no problem with long straight away Man! it was fun......I thought the bowl was only for gas racing....
So we will go back again next week.....Arun and I had the fastest lap at 13.7sec.
Whats up Kumpol the track is good it has one or two little bumps but if you get in the grove you barely go over them ,we had a blast sunday ,Frank Sosebe came by with his mini cooper it was so much fun driven it they gonna make this a spec class yall should make plans to come by and have a good turn out how about sunday the 25th they should have the scoring system up and running

Last edited by colonrc; 06-12-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

i didnt try the z'z yet...i am gonna do that on the 25 when i go back....i forgot to charge my batteries for them
Old 06-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by colonrc
Whats up Kumpol the track is good it has one or two little bumps but if you get in the grove you barely go over them ,we had a blast sunday ,Frank Sosebe came by with his mini cooper it was so much fun driven it they gonna make this a spec class yall should make plans to come by and have a good turn out how about sunday the 25th they should have the scoring system up and running
What's up, Eddie????
I will check out the new track soon....maybe when they have the AMB system up and running. And for now....I will keep going to the bowl. Bob did a great job making the track for electric racing.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a good-used electric touring car, I'm selling my HPI Pro4 (and tons of hop-ups and parts - even a spare carpet chassis). It's time to follow the pack.....Arun, Keith, Chris and more people are running Xray T2 now. FYI, my Pro4 was running very good at the bowl now....it could run as fast as Arun's T2...same fastest laptime at 13.7sec!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.