Search
Like Tree62Likes

ON ROAD RACING UNITE

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ON ROAD RACING UNITE

There has been a divide in On Road racing in Florida and for the betterment of the racing I propose that the Track Owners (We ALL have some contributions to this) agree to meet in person to hash out all issues that we have. I propose we meet on a Saturday evening to clear the air and move forward to helping on road become strong again in the state of Florida. My suggestion would be meeting at Valkaria since it is mostly centralized. other locations can be disused and what the majority wants we go with. I am willing to hear the criticisms from the others I hope that Y'all are to. If anyone want to talk to me personally my phone number is 386*882*3588. Come on guys lets do this this and have fun with our toy cars.
ASM, DaveVera, Marcos.J and 5 others like this.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:31 AM

I would for the sake of FSEARA and Florida onroad racing would like to become involved. Committee, President whatever. Im willing to work with tracks and the racers....
ASM, Marcos.J, number_0 and 9 others like this.

Last edited by DaveVera; 05-02-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Short notice meeting request i will be in Miami Forgass race this weekend and gone the following week as well.
What do you propose impress me
Old 05-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

I wasn't talking about this Sat that just seems like a good day the date is open to what is good for all
Old 05-02-2017, 09:48 AM

How about Fseara race #8 ? Saturday evening etc ... June 17th
Marcos.J, number_0 and 1AGOFST like this.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DaveVera
How about Fseara race #8 ? Saturday evening etc ... June 17th
If everyone agrees I will close the track at 7pm and those involved with the meeting will have the track to themselves. Or I can reserve an area for us to go to after the track closes. Whatever is best for the majority.
DaveVera, TOM MAR and 1AGOFST like this.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Chris - I think this is a great suggestion. From strictly a racer's standpoint, the landscape has become very confusing to say the least. We now have the suggestions of 2 new racing series, with two different sets of rules and yet no indication on the direction or what's happening to FSEARA. Is it being abandoned?

On the surface, I question the future success of either of the two new start-ups. Last weekend's FSEARA race only had 4 heats and no entries for 13.5. So, I think it's fairly obvious that if FSEARA continues to struggle, which it will, then I have a hard time believing either of the two new proposals will be exempt from experiencing the exact same problem(s).

If the track owners are going to be the governing bodies of what racing goes on in this state, then hopefully those that you have called upon to meet for the sake of the racer will heed the call.

Gone is the day that the FSEARA organization dictated who got races. When I first started, Bob Hall was the director and he provided a pretty stern leadership model. Tracks had to almost compete to get on the series schedule. The tracks REALLY promoted the series event. Flyers were made, attempts were made on a local level to get the word out. NEWS FLASH - social media certainly hasn't proved to be a legitimate replacement for grassroots promoting and hard work. The "build it, they will come" philosophy is now being disproven on a monthly basis.

Chris - I commend you personally on what you have built, and the fact that you're willing to work directly with some of those who have criticized you the most. For it us, the everyday guy looking to race against the best who has lost out due the division and other factors. Cooperation and creativity is what we need.

Last edited by ASM; 05-02-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveVera
I would for the sake of FSEARA and Florida onroad racing would like to become involved. Committee, President whatever. Im willing to work with tracks and the racers....
Thank you Dave!
DaveVera, Marcos.J and TOM MAR like this.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
Chris - I think this is a great suggestion. From strictly a racer's standpoint, the landscape has become very confusing to say the least. We now have the suggestions of 2 new racing series, with two different sets of rules and yet no indication on the direction or what's happening to FSEARA. Is it being abandoned?

On the surface, I question the future success of either of the two new start-ups. Last weekend's FSEARA race only had 4 heats and no entries for 13.5. So, I think it's fairly obvious that if FSEARA continues to struggle, which it will, then I have a hard time believing either of the two new proposals will be exempt from experiencing the exact same problem(s).

If the track owners are going to be the governing bodies of what racing goes on in this state, then hopefully those that you have called upon to meet for the sake of the racer will heed the call.

Gone is the day that the FSEARA organization dictated who got races. When I first started, Bob Hall was the director and he provided a pretty stern leadership model. Tracks had to almost compete to get on the series schedule. The tracks REALLY promoted the series event. Flyers were made, attempts were made on a local level to get the word out. NEWS FLASH - social media certainly hasn't proved to be a legitimate replacement for grassroots promoting and hard work. The "build it, they will come" philosophy is now being disproven on a monthly basis.

Chris - I commend you personally on what you have built, and the fact that you're willing to work directly with some of those who have criticized you the most. For it us, the everyday guy looking to race against the best who has lost out due the division and other factors. Cooperation and creativity is what we need.
Well said Mr. Meeks. I too commend Chris for the first step to try and open communication. Hoping ground rules are put in place so it is "Healthy Conflict" that is productive. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So, I have been quiet throughout all of this. (By my own choosing) My work life and home life are extremely busy. As you all know I am very active with ROAR and was very active with FSEARA for many many years under Izzy, Mark and Troy. Here are a few observations and things I think we ALL need to consider. This may not sit well with some people and quite frankly that's ok. We are all grown ass adults and in the end not ONE of us gets paid to race. We do this for the LOVE of the Hobby. The sad part is alot of people are losing sight of that.

1. FSEARA - Is a ROAR sanctioned series. YES part of the original rules was the tracks had to be a ROAR member and ALL racers had to be ROAR members. This was to protect YOU the racer and the track. I work in healthcare. You know how quickly medical bills skyrocket?? A $1,000,000,000.00 Insurance policy that the track may have doesn't go very far after medical bills, time out of work and after the grimy lawyers get their cut.

2. Whatever series ends up playing out in Florida NEEDS to have the correct Leadership model. Having the track owners come together and attempt to decide the fate of a series is like telling 7 inmates of a prison (3 or 4 of whom are on a rival gang) that they will run the prison. It just doesn't work. Appoint a President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.

3. Listen to the racers.....Give them what they are asking for.

4.We have a wealth of talent right here in our state. I travel all over the US going to races. We need to find a way to showcase our Florida boys like we used to back in the day. It wasn't that long ago that racers from Florida were making podiums consistently all over the US at BIG races.

5. STOP with the ridiculous amount of classes! All we are doing is diluting down the class counts. I agree, let's have a Sportsman class for the new guys. Let's go back to the old way where if you won a class you couldn't run it the following season. In the word's of Drew Ellis "Let's make Modified Great Again!". All kidding aside MOST tracks we have in Florida can sustain Modified sans 386 and Revolution. There should be at most 3 classes outdoors for Touring Car (Modified or 13.5, 17.5 or 21.5, and 25.5 Sportsman) that's it.

6. Lastly, Handout motor class. GREAT idea and I think it would help grow the hobby and keep costs down. The motor of the month thing is getting out of hand. I am guilty of it myself. I have a 2 / $150 motors sitting right here in front of me now as i type this.

Whatever is decided I hope that Touring car racing in Florida once again flourishes. I have seen all the angles, from racer, race director, IFMAR worlds organizer, Hobby shop owner, you name it. Dave Vera if you are truly serious about taking the reigns of this unruly bitch, count me in for the ride in any way I can help. Remember gentlemen, we do this because we love the hobby.

Tim
Old 05-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Classes

Touring Car Sportsman(beginners) Blinky
25.5t motors.
‘Blinky’ ESCs (no boost or turbo).

Touring Car 17.5 Blinky
17.5t motors.
‘Blinkly’ ESCs (no boost and no turbo are allowed).

Touring Car Modified
Any ROAR approved motor.
‘Open’ ESCs (boost and turbo are allowed).

just a thought

and +1 for DaveVera
ASM, DaveVera, GMartinez and 1 others like this.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Classes

25.5t motors.

Touring Car 17.5 Blinky
17.5t motors.

Touring Car Modified
Any ROAR approved motor.

just a thought

and +1 for DaveVera
And no more 3 cars make a class, it just waste time within the day and you always have find volunteer marshals
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Classes

25.5t motors.

Touring Car 17.5 Blinky
17.5t motors.

Touring Car Modified
Any ROAR approved motor.

just a thought

and +1 for DaveVera

All sounds great onece the powers that be can compromise. As far as clases go something other than touring cars also, some of us do not run Tc. Hope all works out.
DaveVera and TOM MAR like this.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nego
All sounds great onece the powers that be can compromise. As far as clases go something other than touring cars also, some of us do not run Tc. Hope all works out.
We definitely have something in the works for both tc and pan cars which should make for a great mix of racing...asphalt and carpet.
thisguy2849, TOM MAR and Nego like this.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dave Vera for president
Marcos.J, thisguy2849 and Nego like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.