Old 05-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrage
Dave Vera for president
I second the nomination
Old 05-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

I Didn't now FSEARA was tour car ONLY! Maybe this could be part of the probelm, Not very inviting neither, Good luck.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by 239RC
I Didn't now FSEARA was tour car ONLY! Maybe this could be part of the probelm, Not very inviting neither, Good luck.
It isn't. Unfortunately most of the pan car classes, 12th scale, wgt-R etc are being run indoors mostly and outdoor attendance has severely dropped over the year's. But this is not just a Florida issue. The Roar asphalt nats the last 4 years has only had a total of 15 total pan cars in attendance. The classes are available, but no one signs up. Were working on in improving a few things atm....
Marcos.J, TOM MAR and Nego like this.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am relatively new to on road racing and I have met some great people. Everyone has been very helpful. I have also been fortunate to receive insightful help from MANY of the on road Guru's. The last State race I attended the practice day and had the extreme pleasure of obtaining two expert fixes for my car from Dave Vera. Dave also helped me many months ago when I first started. In my opinion Dave is an AMBASSADOR for the rc industry. +1 for Dave Vera for President.

On another note I will continue to contact a few friends in order to market our events. FYI I have converted a few off road guys to on road to give them more rc racing options.....

Also.... The Village RC raceway is racing this Sunday. I am even going to contact a newer racer from the Orlando area that received help from my pit team to pay it forward....
TOM MAR likes this.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 239RC
No one said FSEARA was Touring Car only. My post never was meant to elude to that either. What my post DID say was that we have too MANY TOURING car classes which dilutes the TOURING car class counts. I NEVER mentioned pan car or F1. Running those classes would by no means dilute the Touring car class counts since they are different chassis. In fact my preferred class is 1/12th. I would love nothing more than to see 1/12th make a come back on asphalt. I do completely agree with having a minimum class count. My suggestion would be 5 to make a class as to have enough turn marshalls for each race.

Tim
TOM MAR and Nego like this.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Maybe just offer 1 pancar class for now. Wgtr with rubber tires would be great for asphalt and carpet. It would unite the pancar drivers instead of dividing them. Cost would also be reduced since we wouldn't have to purchase tires every event. My job has kept me from making most of the races. But I have Sundays off. And am planning on making races in the future. Let's get things worked out. So we can get back to enjoying the hobby for what it is. And yes Dave is an excellent representative for the hobby.
DaveVera likes this.