Old 04-25-2016, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Wow
Same o same o
Old 04-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This is funny, I searched for USGT and this thread popped up. I just purchased a used BMI Copperhead 10th scale and was searching to see what the class requirements are. I still have no idea, the reason I purchase the car because some tracks do not run VTA all of the time. Looking at going over to the Village this weekend and like to race 2 cars when I travel 2 hours. Will also post this question on the Village thread.

Denis OConnell
Old 04-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

USGT is a TC class. A Copperhead 10th could race in either GT17.5 class or the WGT-R class. The GT 17.5 class runs on foam tires while the WGT-R runs on the CRC rubber tires. You might check with them on which class they run.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thank you. Was getting all of the GT classes confused.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Will F-1 be rubber or foam tire this year? Also, do I still have to pay for a pit spot at Full Throttle if I bring my own generator and canopy?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

If they run it will problably Rubber. Usually if you bring a tent and generator you don't have to pay for a pit space.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ground-round
Will F-1 be rubber or foam tire this year? Also, do I still have to pay for a pit spot at Full Throttle if I bring my own generator and canopy?
Whats up with your comment
Old 05-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

So glad to see nothing has changed in my time away. There used to be a little golden rule in the bylaws of the series that since it was a roar series each teach had to be a roar track. Is that still the case or has that changed? And back in the late 90s and early 2000s I don't remember any other track running on the same day as a series race if they hosted a series race. And before you say Chris has rent let me stop you. Joe had rent Robbie has overhead and any other shop/track owner has high rent too. It's a lack of giving a damn anymore and I don't care which way anybody spins it. This series used to be ran as a major series when the betterment of the series dictated rule changes and not friendships/hatred for a track operator. Bottom line is this series is in a tailspin and has been the last 5 years. Unlike most of you I travel to different states and race in those series if I'm currently racing or not. In Texas there was a huge complex that would shutdown it's onroad racing program when the state series was running and I promise his rent was higher than anybodies here. We have to get over this be cat fighting over dates, classes and other pety crap or this series is going to fold. Period!
Old 05-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
So glad to see nothing has changed in my time away. There used to be a little golden rule in the bylaws of the series that since it was a roar series each teach had to be a roar track. Is that still the case or has that changed? And back in the late 90s and early 2000s I don't remember any other track running on the same day as a series race if they hosted a series race. And before you say Chris has rent let me stop you. Joe had rent Robbie has overhead and any other shop/track owner has high rent too. It's a lack of giving a damn anymore and I don't care which way anybody spins it. This series used to be ran as a major series when the betterment of the series dictated rule changes and not friendships/hatred for a track operator. Bottom line is this series is in a tailspin and has been the last 5 years. Unlike most of you I travel to different states and race in those series if I'm currently racing or not. In Texas there was a huge complex that would shutdown it's onroad racing program when the state series was running and I promise his rent was higher than anybodies here. We have to get over this be cat fighting over dates, classes and other pety crap or this series is going to fold. Period!
Ummm, yeah, not so much.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Regional Moderator

While numbers weren't huge at Kissimmee, weather was a factor.

Gotta say, there were a lot of new faces at this race.

The idea of other tracks being closed when there is a series race came from the gas series. Maybe DL can answer. A gentlemen's agreement or more formal?

The core classes remain similar every year and the others come and go as popularity waxes and wanes. I kinda like having a second class to run, and different classes have their following at different tracks.

Club racing really starts at the local tracks and racers might want to test their abilities. I like it as a chance to do something fun with friends and get away for a day or two.

One day or two? I like them both, but light turnouts are tough with 2 day events, and they seem to become 3 day events with Friday practice.

Just a few random thoughts, not really worth the cyberspace they fill.

Hey, see you guys at Superior.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can I make a suggestion. Have a suggestion box at each race. Every year it's the same thing. Every one just vents their frustrations out and no one seems to post positive comments.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fermanracer
Can I make a suggestion. Have a suggestion box at each race. Every year it's the same thing. Every one just vents their frustrations out and no one seems to post positive comments.
I suggest we ban the internet forums.lol At the track we had a very fun year with lots of great racing at some of USA's best racetracks!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by turbodog
I suggest we ban the internet forums.lol At the track we had a very fun year with lots of great racing at some of USA's best racetracks!
+1
👍
Old 05-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
Ahh. So wise.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Positive, negative, or neutral. It all sounds worse than intended when written out, and everybody can post here, if they participate in the series or not.

This is all just for discussion purposes and may or may not have an impact on what things look like for next year.

Off road is enjoying the resurgence for now. A kid can go down and buy a complete car that can compete at a beginners level and still play with it in a vacant lot. On road really is for a more enabled hobbyist willing to invest and build a competitive kit. Not a judgement, just an observation.

As some of the off roaders rediscover on road, we too should see a growth.